SHADOWRUN

lol I think my first post here was on the same subject.. I'd love to see Obsidian do a futuristic man vs coporations setting.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

Mondo,

Where in NE are you from? I'm in Omaha myself.

I'm a fan of the Shadowrun world, but not necessarily of the rules system. I prefered the plot of the SNES game over the Genesis version, and it's random instanced missions.

Sad but true. Shadowrun would make an excellent MMO.

Who knows. We have suggested a Shadowrun title, and M$ has been wanting to make a Shadowrun game for a while.

Obsidian never said they were working on a new IP, which leads me to believe they aren't. They're just not making a sequel.

A Shadowrun game published by M$ would most definately be a console exclusive title.

• 2 weeks later...

The closest thing you might find to Shadowrun in a game is Restricted Area it uses a lot of the same terminology and was developed in Germany, such a huge following there. Course anyone who has played Shadowrun knows that it was a conglomeration of Cyberpunk 2020, Blade Runner and William Gibson's "Neuromancer," fantastic book I might add (all of his books are). So there are references made that smack of these wonderful works of cyberpunk, "chummer" comes to mind specifically, so do the names of the bioware and cyberware..., as well as the Megacorps. The only thing it is missing is magic and even then they call it psionics, never much cared for magic in SR anyway, something wrong with a room clearing powerbolt...

I am liking the game so far, plays much like Diablo and looks sweet as all else, for a game of that type anyway. It gets my SR fix anyway when I am unable to play the PnP. It is widely available here in the US, so go to your local "mega-mart" and try it out for yourself..., oh, and you're gonna want the patch, trust me.

Honest to god I am not this dorky usually, but I thought I would share my discovery with you guys, at least to hold us over until we hopefully see a REAL SR release. BTW, SR 4th edition is coming soon, wonder how they will further mess up the classic.

/Actually beat the Genesis version..., SO MANY HOURS, deaths and restarts later..., ooph, might dust it off and go at it again soon...

Hello everybodey... Im pretty sure i could Develop a Shadow Run Game for Pc In 3D and With some multiplayer action and of course with great Graphics Im pretty Skilled, Im currently working on a game right now but i was thinking of making this my next challange, Like to remake the Sega Version into a Shooter rpg game Kinda like GTA 3 and with multiplayer Cooperative Mode and death match (Cooperative Mode were multiple players Take on the game together) Maybie you guys can give me some ideas? I have many ideas for my next game to make But i dont know, I really loved Shadow run I wanna try to turn it into a Masterpiece. What do you guys think????

Hello everybodey... Im pretty sure i could Develop a Shadow Run Game for Pc In 3D and With some multiplayer action and of course with great Graphics Im pretty Skilled, Im currently working on a game right now but i was thinking of making this my next challange, Like to remake the Sega Version into a Shooter rpg game Kinda like GTA 3 and with multiplayer Cooperative Mode and death match (Cooperative Mode were multiple players Take on the game together) Maybie you guys can give me some ideas? I have many ideas for my next game to make But i dont know, I really loved Shadow run I wanna try to turn it into a Masterpiece. What do you guys think????

Okay who's the wiseguy with the fake joke account? <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

hahahah no man i just finished my schooling at the International Academy of Design & Technology i learnt C++ C scripting And java and i worked with some Game authoring Programs, I just bought a really nasty Game authoring program i want to Re-make the genesis version into a shooter But to have all the same aspects And Monsters and guns and everything els Including the Dark caves were the Cult Vampire people are. I just wanna turn it into a first person shooter Grand theft auto alike Being able to roam around the city with people walking around futuristic cars being able to steal them Having the lone star Buying weapons Modifying them And even including Muliplayer Mode were people Could try to beat the game together Or play death match Modes. it would take me awhile To start on it though cause i am curently working on a game right Now LA 187 im almost done, The project with SR would take about 6-9 Months to finish for perfection.

If I were you, don't take it wrong I wouldn't want to be, I'd try and avoif putting my messenger handle and email address in the open. Or at least use it in this form: 'raypoz8 at hotmail dot com'

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'd love to see a good Shadowrun game. What I'd like even more is to see a good Lovecraftian game. I know there's a Call of Cthulu game scheduled for release this year or next. I just don't know if it will be any good.

I don't hold out much hope for Shadowrun, but I guess anything is possible.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The good CoC game in production is Bethesda's Dark Corner's of the Earth. Look forward to it. Others are either survival horror shooters in the vein of RE, although worse, or just plain stupid.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

That reminds me of this game i played with a friend called System Shock 2 its a really good Firstpersonshooter/horror/rpg game you can also play Online and beat the game with a friend. The full version of the game is out Now Any One can download it at this web site http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=3924 You dont need to sign up or anything Just ignore that Just go all the way at the bottem of the page and youll see the download link, its a really Fun game i highly recomend it http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=3924 ( YES ITS THE FULL VERSION ) It also reminds me of this Other game i played called Clive Barker's Undying abbbbsouluuuuuutly fantastic, Great graphics and everything and very Spookey VERRRRRRY spookey.

System Shock 2 abandonware? :p

kirottu said:

I would love to see a "pure"cyberpunk style PC game with nothing but cold metal (without the magic elements)!

That said, Genesis Shadowrun was indeed superior to SNES Shadowrun. It was far less linear and much closer to FASA's ruleset and setting. SNES Shadowrun's storyline though admittedly more compact than Genesis' version I thought was hardly convincing. The main weakness with the Genesis version was the random computer-generated events/encounters and the redo-ing of the same shadowruns over and over and over again.

The SNES versions' horrible key word dialogue system and adventure elements was far worse however.

image002.gifLancer

And yes, Feargus should have a chat with MS to get to work on a PC version of it.

It would make sense to make a Shadowrun PC RPG especially with the recent surge in popularity that Shadowrun is enjoying with 3rd edition and all. It would make good business sense as well as satisfy us fans.

Who do you think would purchase the license though?

image002.gifLancer

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Shadowrun is already being made and it's gonna be a FPS... FPS/RPG like Deus Ex hopefully :/

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/634/634639p1.html

JonnyG: To begin by introducing yourselves, what would you like to say about who you are, what games you've worked on and your current position?

Theron Benson: My name is Theron Benson; I am an Animator currently working for FASA Studios at Microsoft Game Studios.

I have worked on many projects, ranging from PC games to console, FPS to role-playing. Right now, I am animating for an Xbox 2 project called Shadowrun. It's a first-person shooter based on an old paper RPG of the same name from a couple decades ago.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

• 2 weeks later...