Jade Empire Commercial...

It's rated M? WTF?!! I'm really hoping this isn't PoP - Warrior Within all over again. What is it with marketing execs these days that makes them think "Naughty language, metal bikinis, and blood gushing [sand] monsters will make an otherwise innocent game sell?

It's not Warrior Within.  Godsmack isn't in the game and the PC doesn't have a voice so they can't come off like an angsty Linkin Park fan. 

And what's wrong with blood squirting all over the place?

Nothing's wrong with blood, so long as it's appropriate for the setting/thing it's squirting out of. In Warrior Within, they had BLOOD squirting out of SAND monsters. There was no REASON for they to be blood, it was done just fine in Sands of Time with NO blood. In fact, I never really figured out any reason it needed to be Rated M. The combat could have been similarly revamped, with all the same moves, and kept a T rating if they left out the sexual content (Bikini Woman), Language, and massive amounts of blood spurting out of sand monsters.

And sorry Jag, no link, I saw it on TV earlier. Microsoft's trying to hype it like they did Fable I presume.

I really hope it doesn't have a similar feel to Warrior Within, i.e. whimsical setting with over the top content thrown in to attract the 'cool kids'. :)

Where could I see this?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Where could I see this?

I don't know, it was on TV. Local station IIRC. I think it was Fox, while I was watching Malcolm in the Middle. So that would be Fox 40, coming out of Sacramento.

Like I said, the commercial made it LOOK cool, but the commercials for Fable also made THAT game look cool. God only knows if it's actually any good.

Uhh, JE will be okay. I think it's being way-overhyped, and I'm surprised at how well these things work with people.

It is what's in the description. There's a lot of oddness/gimpiness in the 3d engine, like all bioware RPG's, possibly BECAUSE it's an RPG, but there's lots of pretty graphics and animation thrown in. And I'm sure the combat will be a bit more fun than KotOR's was, which is to say it'll be pretty good. Not breathtaking, though; it's not a party-based RPG, and it's not an FPS of solid quality. Button-mashing will be perfectly feasible, so people who don't like to think won't be left out.

And it will have a less intriguing story than past Bioware games. That might be pushing my luck, but they've given me absolutely no reason to think that the plot will be any good. They might manage to match the power of a martial arts thriller, while throwing in some more emotional aspects of (some) Martial Arts films without much of the punch.

There is always the possibility that they're hiding the truly good aspects, so that it'll be a surprise. I don't think so. I'll probably buy it anyway.

Off topic slightly, but I'm wondering whether I don't watch enough TV, or they don't advertise games where I live, but apart from constant commercials for GTA: San Andreas, I rarely see any video game ads on television. In the past year I think I've seen GTA:SA, a couple of Fable ads, and one or two Halo2 ads.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"No one has say that it is either."

Um. That's because no one; but BIO and the reviewers have seen it to know. Of course, they say it has 'mature' material whatever you actually mean by that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.