KOTOR 3: Sanctioned Good Ideas 1/3

@ Anoon Bondera: In Kotor I, Bastila's in her twenties. Where did you get her as younger than Mission (who's 13)?

Bastila is a fully mature adult. She was about 14 ish (most likely more) when Revan went to the Mandy Wars.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

1. I would really like to see 2 types of beginning. One is that you start as Revan and later you meet Bastilla and POSSIBLY the Exile and the rest of his company. The second option would be that you start as the Exile and search for Revan. Both beginnings are completly diffrent.

2. And yes the inffluence and the characters company interaction should be vastly improved. They shouln't be talking only to you but to other party members as well.

1. I would really like to see 2 types of beginning. One is that you start as Revan and later you meet Bastilla and POSSIBLY the Exile and the rest of his company. The second option would be that you start as the Exile and search for Revan. Both beginnings are completly diffrent.

2. And yes the inffluence and the characters company interaction should be vastly improved. They shouln't be talking only to you but to other party members as well.

now your 1 is the best i've heard in awhile

1) I try to imagine myself as a game designer and I cringe when I think that I have 2 uber protagonists that I have to let the user define. I suspect that at least one of those two (Revan, Exile) will become a scripted character in the next installment. There are so many advantages from a storyteller's perspective for doing it this way.

2) I agree, almost all the NPC-to-NPC discussions were on the Ebon Hawk. I would like to see some outside the ship. The problem with influence was that you SHOULD NOT have to influence someone to get main story clues and triggers...influence should be all about side quests and more opportunities for training and (fluff) dialog.

bah! I want Visra, I want Handmaiden, and I want Mira!

and dang it, I want them fighting over me :)

(sorry I just LOVED when Handmaiden got jealous in KotOR2)

(and no way we can let Mira off with those brush off answers that she gave)

(and Visra........*droll*.......nuff said)

Can see it already. "In a bold, unexpected move today Obsidian Entertainment announced the next KotOR game will be done in form resembling that of dating simulator games popular in Japan, with hand-drawn 2d graphics prepared by a recently hired artist, "Aimo" The game will put the player in shoes of a teenage Jedi padawan, and allow them to try to win affection of one of possible love interests, while also requiring them to keep up with their Jedi Academy courses..." :)"

bah! I want Visra, I want Handmaiden, and I want Mira!

and dang it, I want them fighting over me :)

(sorry I just LOVED when Handmaiden got jealous in KotOR2)

(and no way we can let Mira off with those brush off answers that she gave)

(and Visra........*droll*.......nuff said)

Can see it already. "In a bold, unexpected move today Obsidian Entertainment announced the next KotOR game will be done in form resembling that of dating simulator games popular in Japan, with hand-drawn 2d graphics prepared by a recently hired artist, "Aimo" The game will put the player in shoes of a teenage Jedi padawan, and allow them to try to win affection of one of possible love interests, while also requiring them to keep up with their Jedi Academy courses..." :-"

ROFLMAO!

Funny TMP, funny!

The game will put the player in shoes of a teenage Jedi padawan, and allow them to try to win affection of one of possible love interests

ONE???? ONE?????? Man Tmp. yas need to set yas sights HIGHER!!!!! Whats this ONE stuff?????????????

To be serious tho. Normally I find the love interest/story of these games (not kotor series but computer games in general) to be bland and boring.

I dont know if its the setting, the back stories, or what but I find the love interests in KotOR2 (part 2 far more then 1) to be well done and great additions to the game rather then the normal "add in" to take up space in other games.

What I would be looking for (love this thread, keep thinking about it and expanding on ideas or changing mind) is:

1) Definately a continuation from part 2. I first said play the exile but after reading idea a few posts above that appealed to me. I would kinda change it tho to following:

Easy Mode

a) Exile imported from previous KotOR2 game. Allow the exile to be imported from previous game under the condition that NO exploits were used. So as long as the character comes in at max (think it was level 30) xp or lower he/she can be reused. If character above that setting player must create a generic new character at level 30.

In otherwords, punish those that used exploits like the respawning creature on Koriban to reach level 50.

Generic character would also be the answer for players that didnt play KotOR1 or 2.

Normal Mode

b) Same as above but character brought in or created at level 25 rather then 30.

Of course the difficulty would be harder then Easy Mode as well.

Expert Mode

c) Import Raven (as level 20 was max in KotOR1) or create generic character.

Again difficulty would be even more advanced for this mode

This is also where the previous posters idea of two seperate opening sequences could be used as in expert mode Raven would be the PC.

2) Use of all previous NPCs to create your party (depending on if Revan was good or evil based on your answers at start).

Someone said what about new NPCs, you dont need them. If you really need a new NPC to advance the storyline they can be involved with out joining the party for the area they needed in. For instance, The One never joined the party in KotOR 1 but a dvanced the storyline signifantly through interaction. Same goes for Artis and other jedis in part 2.

3) Love interests. I really think ANY opposite sex character should be a possible love interest depending on your actions and statements. This creates extra storylines that improve the replay value of your games with interesting side stories.

Let the love stories effect the group as well. I really thought the jealousy sequence between visas and handmaiden was excellently done and added alot to the over all game to be honest. On the flip side, I was actually disappointed to not be able to get Mira involved so I could see the reactions of Visas and Handmaiden after all that. It was a enjoyable side bonus sorta thing. And added humor to it.

4) New planets, some new planets would be a great idea but dont forget about the old ones. I would hate to think Dantooine wasnt rebuilt after all that work there. I would hate to think I couldnt find out what is happening at the Taris acedamy after sparing Atris's life and putting her back on the light side path.

Similarly, Nar Shaddar still has alot to tell and do (and would be a great way to add Mira back into the storyline as that is as much a home as she has).

5) Larger areas (covered in my first post)

Things I think that would be a mistake:

6) IF you bring back any part 1 or 2 characters as group mates (beyond t3 and hk that is) make it all or nothing. I know for myself I would be super PISSED if I got saddled with Jolee or Mission or either Wookie or Goto with out being able to interact with characters I actually liked and were usefull.

Let people decide WHO they want if you bring back old party NPCs. Dont force characters some people will like/dislike on them.

7) Lastly, dont make it only for XBox 2. First off the importing of characters from parts 1 or 2 would be impossible for XBox 1 users.

Also its not really fair or nice that loyal fans would be forced to purchase a new rig just to finish a product they have supported.

By all means make the game usable for people that use xbox but make it so xbox 1 will also support it.

Any NEW series can be made for xbox 2 but finish this series off on the format that supported it.

ONE???? ONE??????  Man Tmp. yas need to set yas sights HIGHER!!!!!  Whats this ONE stuff?????????????

It depends on the exact type of the game we're talking about. :geek: A typical dating simulator will have the player pursue single character of their choice (while having to dodge advances of other potential interests, to not upset their real target) ... while the 'mature-themed' games of this kind still have the player choose one girl/guy in the end, but still allow them to err... sample throughout all possible choices before it happens. :"> :p"

Responding to the previous posts about Revan.

Just how feasible is it to include Revan in KotOR 3? Personally, I think its merely a question of how much time the devs have. But I do think that KotOR 3 should merely have a LS Revan. Gender still mutable. LS is canon after all.

Who was/were the VA(s) who did Revan's grunts/comments in K1 anyway?

Just how feasible is it to include Revan in KotOR 3? Personally, I think its merely a question of how much time the devs have. But I do think that KotOR 3 should merely have a LS Revan. Gender still mutable. LS is canon after all.

i think people would rather not see him/her. if we cann't play him/her. i know there a few that want him in your party.

You know what would be great? Bastilla has finally found Revan and are together now and if you are playing the Exile you can try to have a romance with her but Revan willl be fighting with you for her! I must say this would be quite amusing :devil:

NO! I'M NOT LISTENING! THAT'S KOTOR BLASPHEME! BASTILA IS REVAN'S (AND VICE VERSA)!

:devil:

:wub:

:ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

You know what would be great? Bastilla has finally found Revan and are together now and if you are playing the Exile you can try to have a romance with her but Revan willl be fighting with you for her! I must say this would be quite amusing :)

funny. but i don't think so. If we play Revan i hope thet let us finish the romance though. i want to see the true enemy. i can careless bout exile. Revan is the character i prefer. if not him then a new guy...

I want Revan and if you can't play him lets make Bastilla's adventures ( :D ). She would be searching planets for clues where Revan had gone. Unfortunetly its not possible so if you can't play Revan give us the Exile BUT NO NEW CHARACTER FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Now that idea sounds a lot like one of mine... Being the narcisstic that I am, I like it. :thumbsup:

Off topic: "How many narcissitics does it take to change a lightbulb?" "One, to hold it while the world revolves around him."

Geekified Star Wars Geek

I want Revan and if you can't play him lets make Bastilla's adventures ( :D ). She would be searching planets for clues where Revan had gone. Unfortunetly its not possible so if you can't play Revan give us the Exile BUT NO NEW CHARACTER FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

i don't know what i have against the exile. but now i think your right no new guy please...

Original Thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=30955

Please only post here some of the best, commented ideas from the suggestions post, discuss and flame over there please

BTW Kotor 2 may not have had the story of the first one, but it still rocked the socks off of it, the Crafting Aspect, the Influence- Influence was the greatest idea and creation of the game, it rocked, please let us use them in KOTOR 2 better, also, from my post, let us challenge Revan, and make him/her look like a Padawan compared to our chars' Jedi    Empowered, Rakata Build, Mandalorian Anihilation style galactic influence army (sith might look like the cloners of kamino...)

Sanctionedd Stuff-

More Craftables, go to the SWG SOE dudes for help on this obsidian, Tiggs is nice enough.

Kotor one needs to be completed

More Influlence effects, let us influence them to train, or even more influence leads to Side Mastery, and Chosing what type of Jedi they become

Give Us a padawan, let us char. generate them from their start!

REVAN & EXILE INVOLVEMENT IS KEY

Let is choose to rebuild either order, but bring Rakata back to use the force to rebuild stuff

LightSaber Pike- SWG item it has a two handed hilt, but can shiskibob two rancors at a time

Tarenatek- Shweetness

Influence- llike Mad

The given- what is this? it is everythign from the frist two

KOTRR- Retro republic, bring back rapid transit

update- internet of Xbox Live

More to come

Revan needs to be a man

Revan needs to be a man

totally agree Black.

Ive played both games as male and female and in BOTH Revan (and the Exile for that matter) make a ton more sence as male characters.

The story flows alot smoother and makes alot more sence.

Maybe if the games has been designed for a female hero it would be different but its pretty obvious the main storyline is designed around both characters being male.

Original Thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=30955

"More Craftables, go to the SWG SOE dudes for help on this obsidian, Tiggs is nice enough.

LightSaber Pike- SWG item it has a two handed hilt, but can shiskibob two rancors at a time"

More to come

please don't encourage help from S.O.E who only break SW franchise :wub:

Not sure anymore what i want kotor 3. i'm was against a new pc for kotor 3. I think in three you should play exile/revan and finish up there story. but i been thinking a new pc at the beginning doesn't sound like a bad idea now. it could serve two purposes. 1. it could give a new player insight to kotor 1&2 and serve as a tutorial. 2. for vets it could serve to help to set up revan and exile. by asking us about the choices we made. doesn't have to detailed questions. but they will have go alittle deeper then the questions at the beginning of tsl.

There are few things that I feel should be changed, and a few that I'd like to be changed.

1. Different PC races. I'd like to be able to play as other races, particularly Zabrak.

2. New PC. Some of you may hate this idea, but in the DnD system, any character above lv. 25 is unchalangable. I would like to a character that hasn't lost force ability and is slowly regaining it though, I'd prefer a character learning for the first time, with an honest backstory.

3. I'd love it if you could switch between single and double blade whilst using a double bladed sabre.

4. Small balancing issue, two weapon fighting is overpowered, almost no-one uses 1 lightsabre, which is not really consistent with the SW universe.

5. I'd like it if there was more than one city per planet, with the ability to travel between them, much like Onderon/Dxun.

6. I'd love to be able to choose PCs, from a much larger pool. For example, I'd love about 25 NPC allies, but only 9 of them can party with you.

7. The only characters I'd like to see returning as playable are T3 and HK.

8. Small suggestion for Revan involvement, maybe see him on a council, or fight under his direction in a battle e.g. following orders.

9. I'd also love a system whereby missed and randomly deflected blaster bolts can hit and hurt people. If a party member fires at an adversary with whom you are toe-to-toe, I'd like to occasionally see them missing and hitting you.

10. Small personal thing, I'd also love an "Honourable Villan"

Any comments?