KOTOR 3: Sanctioned Good Ideas 1/3

Original Thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=30955

Please only post here some of the best, commented ideas from the suggestions post, discuss and flame over there please

BTW Kotor 2 may not have had the story of the first one, but it still rocked the socks off of it, the Crafting Aspect, the Influence- Influence was the greatest idea and creation of the game, it rocked, please let us use them in KOTOR 2 better, also, from my post, let us challenge Revan, and make him/her look like a Padawan compared to our chars' Jedi Empowered, Rakata Build, Mandalorian Anihilation style galactic influence army (sith might look like the cloners of kamino...)

Sanctionedd Stuff-

More Craftables, go to the SWG SOE dudes for help on this obsidian, Tiggs is nice enough.

More Influlence effects, let us influence them to train, or even more influence leads to Side Mastery, and Chosing what type of Jedi they become

Give Us a padawan, let us char. generate them from their start!

REVAN & EXILE INVOLVEMENT IS KEY

Let is choose to rebuild either order, but bring Rakata back to use the force to rebuild stuff

LightSaber Pike- SWG item it has a two handed hilt, but can shiskibob two rancors at a time

Tarenatek- Shweetness

Influence- llike Mad

The given- what is this? it is everythign from the frist two

KOTRR- Retro republic, bring back rapid transit

update- internet of Xbox Live

More to come

Edited by Fionavar
  • Like 1

Eagles may soar...

but Rabbits don't get sucked into Jet Engines

Kinda long... funny, and we do consignment programing

One Ring to Rule them all

One Ring to draw them

One Ring to code them all

The last in the coffe spill edits them...

We are the Elite four, we went to high school together, and code games together, I rule them all (Writer/Designer/Director)

-Big Phil (calls Yao ming short, for good reason...) Draws thelevels and basic area coding

-Manu codes our AI, called latte, not for his skin, but he never stops fidgiting

-August edits our code, still has coffe in his class/company ring, and puts so much spit & polish on our stuff, his spit would flood the whole of Mars

One huge problem: The Rakata aren't FS any more. And, even if they were, the only things they have experience building are DS artifacts. As DS Revan, he/she probably wiped them out. As LS Revan, the Rakata were probably slowly let back into the Republic, but sworn to keep the secrets of their ancient empire just those: secrets. The reasoning is self-explanatory, but if you don't get it, I'll try to explain later.

I'm fine w/ Influence, but I don't want it to be necessary to hear the whole story. That's the only flaw I can think of with it.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

not critical, but Revan will overshadow any attmept at making a character seem important, unless, s/he is slammed into place by the player character with a large metal object (like a crashed again ebon hawk) Revan was and has been made to big, adn must be beaten, preferably by a character, or by someone who gets slammed by the char before the meeting with Revan, but lets this end here, onward the ideas of doom!

Eagles may soar...

One Ring to draw them

We are the Elite four, we went to high school together, and code games together, I rule them all (Writer/Designer/Director)

-Big Phil (calls Yao ming short, for good reason...) Draws thelevels and basic area coding

-Manu codes our AI, called latte, not for his skin, but he never stops fidgiting

-August edits our code, still has coffe in his class/company ring, and puts so much spit & polish on our stuff, his spit would flood the whole of Mars

Which developer should do Kotor 3. Im thinking bioware but although kotor 2 had little development time if they had a full game development schedule then perhaps they could pull it off as even though they have problems and had cuts i think with a few years development and a new engine they could pull it off.

Story should be multi branched so you can use different races at selection screen.

Also it would be aswome to have a full on mandalorian in full battle armor as a aid. Also lol a hutt (daft to impliment but would be funny as hell). Also perhaps a yoda race character and have him fight with a sabre like yoda did in episode 2 :p

The time period should be a few hundread years i think after kotor 2 as to let the history build up and to let the jedi and sith to grow in power and influence. But even though sith are a main enemy why not have a game where the jedi and sith are not the main players but allow your character to have the possibility to use the force but was never a pupil of the jedi or sith and like have them be discovered and say the jedi and sith detect great things in whoever gets him/her/it first so the game would be having jedi come to tempt you to the light side and to begin your training (jedi training accedmy levels) or the sith come to tempt you to dark side and be taken to koriban where they will instruct you in the ways of the force.

The story can then be you have to defeat jedi or have to defeat sith depending which side you officially choose when confronted.

Or how about a new enemy perhaps worst than the sith or the sith isnt a threat in the game this time but say the trade federation or somit.

Well, not that I don't have ideas for plot, but I'll wait with those, since this would otherwise be an incredibly long post. Instead I'll just give a list of things that I think need to be fixed in KotOR3 when compared to KotOR2.

1. When the characters aren't actually using their weapons, have them put them away - I know KotOR2 is a recycled graphics engine, but if I see one more clipping error with a characters vibroblade/whatever sticking through another peaceful groupmember or a wall, or another character sitting on a chair operating imaginary controls or computer keyboards (like Atton on the Ebon Hawk), I swear I'll scream with frustration!!!

Nothing is worse than watching Kreia or whomever pierce her vibroblade straight through the pilot's seat or T3 during a cutscene without any effect whatsoever :blink:

It doesn't even take that much to get rid of - just have the characters holster their guns, put their lightsabers on their belts, put the blade back in the sheath across the back, etc. when they finish a fight. That's it - problem solved.

2. Make a note of how someone must stay and guard the ship (Ebon Hawk?) and so cannot join the rest of the characters, a bit like how Atton was unavailable in the group when the Ebon Hawk crashlanded on Dxun in KotOR2 - the ship has now been stolen several times (by Revan in KotOR1 and by Handmaiden in KotOR2), and has apparently been stolen many times in its past, so I'd say someone should be tied to the ship at all times to guard it from thieves.

This would be a good reason to increase your group of available companions, since you need at least one more than you can have in the active group in order to take a full group on planet exploration. Heck, even Obi-Wan was left to guard a ship in the middle of nowhere while Qui-Gon and Padme explored Tatooine...

3. New faces. Include the old faces from KotOR1+2 *only* during a session where you pick the look of Revan and the Exile during the game - they had those faces in our games, after all, so they should continue to, but create all new faces to choose from in character creation so that the new main character will have no chance to look like any of our previous protagonists.

4. Cut down on the equipment graphics. I don't mind that some headgear looks a bit like a pair of sunglasses, but most of that stuff (particularly the headgear) should be barely noticeable at all - we've never seen a Star Wars character wear any of this stuff in a movie, so it should be very limited. I also dislike that ugly muffets-with-large-red-glass-thing-across-my-eyes thing that you sometimes find - it looks far too much like something Geordi would wear in Star Trek: The Next Generation, so get rid of it. Time has passed and that headgear is obsolete and has been replaced by a new model (same stats, but no more than a handband or so now).

5. Concerning graphics, I'm actually not too disappointed with what we have now. There's room for improvement, and I'd like a bit more polish, but I don't really need the graphics to be up to the standards of Far Cry or Half-Life II or even Max Payne II. Still, Obsidian seems to be committed to a new graphics engine. Fine, great - but I'd prefer perfect lip-sync'ing and getting rid of those annoying clippling errors mentioned above to more detailed faces. Better graphics are cool, but it doesn't need to be a top priority. A few more shades to give a darker and more moody impression would be nice though, particularly in cutscenes with the Sith - everything seems be right in the spotlight in KotOR games so far, and a some more gloomy shadows could go a long way to add to the somber atmosphere of the dark side I think.

6. Many of the spaceships seem far too 'advanced' to be almost 4000 years older than the Millennium Falcon. No, we can't change the appearance of the Ebon Hawk, but at least let us see a couple of ships that really reflect the age of the setting. I mean, take a look at the panels of the Sith attack on Coruscant in the Sith War comic books and then try to tell me that the ships of KotOR are only 40-50 years after that? It's a pretty hard sell given that the Sith undoubtedly used the best ships they could find.

I'd say establish that the Ebon Hawk is a rather new ship and that this the reason it keeps getting stolen (everybody wants the new, shiny ship). The same should be established for the republic ships (like the Endar Spire or the Harbinger), then let us see what some of the ancient ships of the age really look like. I don't want something from the comic books (some of those really are ugly), but at least let them reflect the age.

7. More progressive companion interaction. Conversation with your NPCs in KotOR2 was rather frustrating at times. They all talked for hours the first time, but then they had very little or nothing to say after a few dedicated conversations, except for Kreia who just couldn't shut up no matter what you did. I took a long talk with Visas early on because she was just so interesting, but after that exceedingly long and thorough conversation, going back to her was just annoying because she never had anything new to say.

In KotOR1 the NPCs had separate quests or at least would offer information on the world you were currently on. I'm not saying that I want character-quests back, but at least give some variation to the NPCs depending on where the group has gone to...

8. Many seem to talk about lightsaber hilts, so I'll just voice my opinion on it, which is that while it might be nice enough, I really don't care much about it at all... For I'll I care they should feel free to to add them or not as they please, since it will make little or no difference to me.

9. For Pete's sake fix the holovids! I realize that holograms are supposed to be translucent/ghostly images you can see through of the person recorded, but it's very unsettling that I can see all of Bastila's teeth and generally the polygons from inside her head through her. Seeing through the image is fine, but seeing the character as having no substance is inexcusable!

10. I don't mind random loot per se, but it should be a lot less random than in KotOR2. A game is not balanced if you can find truly great stuff from random rolls in one game and only mediocre stuff in the next.

Have the game catalogue how much uncommon/rare/whatever stuff you find and then modify the chances of finding more later based on that. Also, as other have said before, make the unique stuff unique - it's no good finding 10 x Exar Kun's warsuit or whatever, because there should be only one. If the character find it, have the game flag it for that game, so that it cannot be found by random again. If it's rolled again on the random loot table, then it should be automatically substituted for another unique item.

11. Tie the number of companions a character can have to his light side points. Dark siders don't make friends - they treat people like dirt and sacrifice them whenever convenient, so nobody trusts them. Some characters might follow such a person, because they think they are going places and they are content to be underling #6 rather than their current position.

Fine, in KotOR2 characters like HK-47, Hanharr, or G0-T0 might side with such characters, while Visas and Kreia might ally in respect of the character's power, but none of the others should.

Also, companions of dark siders are generally opportunists and generally cannot be trusted. The games have so far offered potential companions on the basis of friendship and admiration toward the main character. That does not fit well with dark siders, who should instead have ability to charm beasts and then perform a ritual to make them his or her underling or slave. Such beasts will serve loyally, but will be dead if defeated in combat, and of course they cannot learn skills or advance in levels. Potential companions for evil characters might include a trandoshan or a gamorran. Mandalore would join either side - he knows strength when he sees it.

I'll make some suggestions on plot at some other time.

Comments anyone?

No reading from Kotor II... I made some choices on LS that I could have easily fixed, but I'm not going all the way back just to make Mira and Bao a Jedi. Besides, that's WAY to many variables. If they just generalize, then it'll be easier, and it'll find a decent comprimise between what everybody else did.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

/cheer for all above

lets have the ebon hawk stay in republic space, andhave a Naga Sadow Ship from yavin take you to the sith empire and not crash- NOT CRASH- force pull from Revan & Exile, yes, NOT CRASH

only one problem;

Bring back most of the companions as members of the jedi council, shweet!

and also, give me my Verpene Headband! when I first saw one in Kotor 2, even though I was LS, i stilll mauled that guy an looted his.

Eagles may soar...

One Ring to draw them

3 must see planets I believe are Coruscant,Mandalore, and Alderaan.

Not quite sure about Mandalore, but I completely agree with regards to Coruscant and Alderaan.

I do wonder why we haven't seen Coruscant yet. There could be legal reasons for it. After all, I hear Bastila's position was originally planned to go to Nomi Sunrider herself, only the idea was banned for some reason (possibly due to rights of creative ownership - note how everything written about Nomi is written by Tom Veitch and/or Kevin J. Anderson). Not that I mind that so much. Bastila is a good character and Bioware did the right thing - they made the limitation a strength. But we might not have seen Coruscant for similar reasons, in which case we won't in KotOR3 either... Anyone know?

Anyway, my preferred list of featured planets include:

Coruscant (beginning and finale)

Alderaan

Myrkr

Nar Shaada

Kashyyyk

These are the initial worlds, but we also need some Sith worlds. Among those I could see:

Ch'hodos or perhaps Korriban

Khar Shian (moon of Khar Delba)

Ziost

I still think Korriban has some secrets left, but I *really* don't want to see the Shyrack caves or the Sith academy again - just the Valley of the Sith Lords and some new unexplored areas of the tombs or so.

Khar Shian might be the place to find Revan again, since he/she would have gone there to explore some of Naga Sadow's secret Sith magics. Most likely Revan will have reverted to the dark side again, but then that's appropriate - sacrifice for the greater good has always been Revan's strength.

And since the enemy will be the true Sith, Ziost is just a no-brainer - we simply *must* go to Ziost!!

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about Myrkr. The planet is known at this time, but since Ossus was lost, I guess the jedi have forgotten for a while. I include it because it could be so cool to have the group set down on a world unsuspecting and - poof - hey, where did my force powers go!?! :(

Also, Myrkr ties in nicely with a potential ending I'd really like to see...

Naga Sadow's ship was destroyed during the Sith War.

Anyway, time for me to transfere my ideas from the other thread to here. :thumbsup:

Planets:

Coruscant

Mandalore

Alderaan

Hapes/Cinnagar

Yavin

3 unknown region

Party Members:

Bastila

Jolee

Mira

Bothan Senator

Dustil Onasi

HK-47

T3-M4

Atton

Sith Trooper

The way it works is simple for the possible dead character. If you chose Dark side, characters like Jolee and Bastila are switched to new characters.

Non-Party Members/returning characters

Cassus Fett

Mandalore

Carth Onasi

Admiral Dodonna

Master Vima(Vima Sunrider, not so hard to make her just Master Vima if needed)

Handmaiden-lightside

Visas Marr-lightside

Mical-lighside

Force Ghost Kreia

New Species

Mandallian

Togorian

Caamassi

Feeorin

Bothan

Falleen

Other Stuff

Influence System that allows for influence regardless of alignment

Better continuity

Epic Story, with a good ending

Also the final end of te Exchange,Genoharden, Cerka

KOTOR 2 must be completed

3 must see planets I believe are Coruscant,Mandalore, and Alderaan.

Not quite sure about Mandalore, but I completely agree with regards to Coruscant and Alderaan.

Anyway, my preferred list of featured planets include:

Coruscant (beginning and finale)

Alderaan

Myrkr

Nar Shaada

Kashyyyk

These are the initial worlds, but we also need some Sith worlds. Among those I could see:

Ch'hodos or perhaps Korriban

Khar Shian (moon of Khar Delba)

Ziost

Seeing as the Mandalorians will be a big part of the next game(most likely), no doubt there home planet should make a return. It's Canderous ruling place, where he can gather all to him. You must understand that Canderous is a king, not just a lone Mercenary anymore. Boba Fett is now in Canderous same position.

Kashyyk has nothing to offer to the Sith War. We explored everything that needed to be explored in KOTOR. Perhaps a Cameo appearance would be fine.

Nar Shadda: Clearly you must not be looking at this game as the end of the series, nor as an epic struggle between the true Sith and Republic

and all your sith planets are outer rim worlds, not unknown region.

so far, some really good ideas I would say.

>>>I would agree that DS's are not trusted and really should not benefit from the same quality of companions as LS's. Thus, the DS should have only a couple of mercenaries and a squad of droids. And maybe a Dark Adept.

>>>agree with D Nuke that influence should NOT be alignment based. But this is assuming they deal with alignment in other ways such as mentioned above.

>>>I would definitely prefer for this to have an epic, multithreaded endgame.

>>>Revan's own story does not have to be totally wrapped up in this trilogy. If they could find a way to not use him and yet not kill him either, that would probably be best for the franchise.

>>>you SHOULD NOT be able to train everyone on your ship as a Jedi. I would say LS should get 2 adepts and DS should get 1.

>>>I like the option of DS cooperating with the Sith rather than fighting the Sith.

If the war goes well and you defeat the Republic, you then have a BOSS battle for dominance of the Sith Empire.

>>>go ahead and set the identity of the Exile and make him the Master Vrook of KOTOR III (whether there is an actual council or not).

>>>you are NOT someone with a "hidden past"....the protagonist's identity is totally open....non-human PCs could start appearing in KOTOR III.

>>>you are the most powerful Force user on your ship. If you need to talk to a master, you have to go to where your master lives. At some point in the game, your master dies and his Force Ghost mentors you (thus, a shortcut).

>>>definitely no more "Force Bonds" between master and apprentice. This device has been used twice. Time for a ghost to take over this role.

>>>if you meet someone like Jolee, he teaches you a new technique. They did something like this in KOTOR II....I want to see it again.

>>>absolutely agree that weapons should not be drawn and sticking into the stomachs of diplomats and Jedi masters as they as talking to you.

>>>customizable hilts for lightsaber would be very nice...not a showstopper for me but it would be an easy way to make alot of people happy.

>>>I like the idea of using minor EU characters in the story (in your party, even)...but not major ones.

>>>main story clues should come from only one or two people on your ship...also, other ships should radio your ship with hologram messages as triggers.

>>>the majority of the people on your ship are all about side quests (not main quest).

>>>definitely need an "Engineer" class that has all kinds of skills...like Bao-Dur.

>>>dual class option for non-adepts.

>>>we need all the loose ends wrapped up (including HK factory/Droid World).

Seeing as the Mandalorians will be a big part of the next game(most likely), no doubt there home planet should make a return. It's Canderous ruling place, where he can gather all to him. You must understand that Canderous is a king, not just a lone Mercenary anymore. Boba Fett is now in Canderous same position.

The Mandalorians will indeed be essential IMHO. As I see it, they will form the core of the army Revan has planned to stand against the True Sith. But while I see them as important for that reason, I'm less certain that we actually need to see their homeworld for that. I mean, for us to see their homeworld, there would need to be some conflicts for such there for the player to solve, and I don't think Canderous/Mandalore will allow dissent in his home - the Mandalore keeps his people are far too disciplined for that. Not that it wouldn't have its charm to see their world, though...

Kashyyk has nothing to offer to the Sith War. We explored everything that needed to be explored in KOTOR. Perhaps a Cameo appearance would be fine.

True, but I included Kashyyyk because I have this idea of Zaalbar and Hanharr having a fight for leadership of a tribe. We don't know which tribe Hanharr came from, but it could be cool if he was an outcast from Zaalbar's tribe, in which case there is an obvious light/dark choice for how it plays out. Yes, I know Mira mentions how he killed his entire tribe, but she also said it was just a rumor. I find it just as likely that he killed several wookies and was then banished the shadowlands.

If Hanharr came from Zaalbar's tribe, I think it really has potential for both an evil and good ending. For example, if Hanharr kills Zaalbar's father, you can help him kill the dissenters among the wookies for the dark side choice, or you can bring back Zaalbar to confront him and take control of the tribe for the light side choice.

But either way, you get to add wookies loyal to your cause, who can supplement the army defending the Republic against the Sith. We always hear about how tough the wookies are, so let's see finally see their fury in battle. The idea of watching angry wookies tearing Sith troopers apart really sounds appealing to me.

Nar Shadda: Clearly you must not be looking at this game as the end of the series, nor as an epic struggle between the true Sith and Republic

Why not? I'm not suggesting that Nar Shaada is where the final confrontation takes place, after all. But it could be a good place to stage a few events and drop some clues for the overall plot. I also think it might be a good place to let Jolee lurk about if Revan is set to light side. He'd help the poor while remaining in the shadows out of attention, just as he did on Kashyyyk.

Korriban is a known world, yes, but I think the others are generally unknown to the Republic. I know Empress Teta followed Naga Sadow back the Sith Empire in the comic books, but that doesn't mean they're all known. Given that Korriban and Malachor V are both described as being on the outskirts of the ancient Sith Empire by Kreia in KotOR2, it would seem that at least Ch'hodos, Khar Delba, and Ziost are still fairly unknown.

I mean, Ziost is established as the central world of the Sith, where the dark lord rules, so it's scarcely just some forgettable planet in the Sith Empire. And Khar Shian, the moon of Khar Delba, was Naga Sadow's secret base, so it would also be fairly well hidden from Republic eyes.

Hmm, that said, I'd also like to see Vjun seveal millennia before Vader builds his castle there. Not sure if that is anywhere close to the Sith Empire, though...

The Mandalorians will indeed be essential IMHO. As I see it, they will form the core of the army Revan has planned to stand against the True Sith. But while I see them as important for that reason, I'm less certain that we actually need to see their homeworld for that. I mean, for us to see their homeworld, there would need to be some conflicts for such there for the player to solve, and I don't think Canderous/Mandalore will allow dissent in his home - the Mandalore keeps his people are far too disciplined for that. Not that it wouldn't have its charm to see their world, though...

True, but I included Kashyyyk because I have this idea of Zaalbar and Hanharr having a fight for leadership of a tribe. We don't know which tribe Hanharr came from, but it could be cool if he was an outcast from Zaalbar's tribe, in which case there is an obvious light/dark choice for how it plays out. Yes, I know Mira mentions how he killed his entire tribe, but she also said it was just a rumor. I find it just as likely that he killed several wookies and was then banished the shadowlands.

If Hanharr came from Zaalbar's tribe, I think it really has potential for both an evil and good ending. For example, if Hanharr kills Zaalbar's father, you can help him kill the dissenters among the wookies for the dark side choice, or you can bring back Zaalbar to confront him and take control of the tribe for the light side choice.

But either way, you get to add wookies loyal to your cause, who can supplement the army defending the Republic against the Sith. We always hear about how tough the wookies are, so let's see finally see their fury in battle. The idea of watching angry wookies tearing Sith troopers apart really sounds appealing to me.

Why not? I'm not suggesting that Nar Shaada is where the final confrontation takes place, after all. But it could be a good place to stage a few events and drop some clues for the overall plot. I also think it might be a good place to let Jolee lurk about if Revan is set to light side. He'd help the poor while remaining in the shadows out of attention, just as he did on Kashyyyk.

Korriban is a known world, yes, but I think the others are generally unknown to the Republic. I know Empress Teta followed Naga Sadow back the Sith Empire in the comic books, but that doesn't mean they're all known. Given that Korriban and Malachor V are both described as being on the outskirts of the ancient Sith Empire by Kreia in KotOR2, it would seem that at least Ch'hodos, Khar Delba, and Ziost are still fairly unknown.

I mean, Ziost is established as the central world of the Sith, where the dark lord rules, so it's scarcely just some forgettable planet in the Sith Empire. And Khar Shian, the moon of Khar Delba, was Naga Sadow's secret base, so it would also be fairly well hidden from Republic eyes.

Hmm, that said, I'd also like to see Vjun seveal millennia before Vader builds his castle there. Not sure if that is anywhere close to the Sith Empire, though...

Mandalore has enough to be enjoyed in the game. The Sith will probably like to know where it is, there's the possibility that another Mandalore is around(concidering that itself was a continuiyt mistake from KOTOR 2).

I'm definitly not going back to Dxun, which had little to nothing to

do, and Mandalore is far better to the story of the Mandalorians.

You can learn more about their society, and there views. Help them prepare for war, and get things going.

Nar Shadda has nothing to offer, why are you going to need to find clues of anything on Nar Shadda? It served it's purpose in KOTOR 2, and is finished. Jolee has more use on Yavin, seeing as there more purpose for that planet to the Sith War story, than Nar Shadda.

And your Sith planets had a purpose, and new Sith Planets are needed.

Vjun has nothing, and will having nothing for another 4000 years. It's a dead planet.

Naga Sadow's ship was destroyed during the Sith War.

Anyway, time for me to transfere my ideas from the other thread to here. :)

Planets:

Coruscant

Mandalore

Alderaan

Hapes/Cinnagar

Yavin

3 unknown region

Party Members:

Bastila

Jolee

Mira

Bothan Senator

Dustil Onasi

HK-47

T3-M4

Atton

Sith Trooper

The way it works is simple for the possible dead character. If you chose Dark side, characters like Jolee and Bastila are switched to new characters.

Non-Party Members/returning characters

Cassus Fett

Mandalore

Carth Onasi

Admiral Dodonna

Master Vima(Vima Sunrider, not so hard to make her just Master Vima if needed)

Handmaiden-lightside

Visas Marr-lightside

Mical-lighside

Force Ghost Kreia

New Species

Mandallian

Togorian

Caamassi

Feeorin

Bothan

Falleen

Other Stuff

Influence System that allows for influence regardless of alignment

Better continuity

Also the final end of te Exchange,Genoharden, Cerka

No, the Genoharadan should continue as a super league of assassins for another thousand years or so. Just my opininion, but it allows for plenty of fanfiction writing, so...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

For myself, I dont really care what planets are in game as long as the explorable area is much larger then parts 1 and 2.

I think Obsidian and Bioware did great jobs but my main complaint still to this day is the explorable areas just were not large enough.

Far as party members go, my list is as follows:

Party Members:

Bastila

Mira

HK-47

T3-M4

Atton

Mandalore

Visas Marr

Handmaiden

Those are the characters from parts 1 and 2 that I personally care about returning. The others could make NPC appearences or be killed off in what ever way fits the storyline.

Other Stuff

I know some have complained about Influence System but I really liked how KotOR2 handled influence. Thanks to that system I had over 100 hours of interesting and newish game play. Wouldnt change a thing other then expanding once again on it (like they expanded from parts 1 to 2) and going even more adult orientated (not speaking about swearing and nudity btw). Have the love stories complete themselves. Make jealousy that was hinted at in part 2 even more of a factor, stuff like that.

Better continuity

Far as actual story, I have to put my faith in both bioware and obsidian. both have captured my imagination and made me engrossed in the franchise as a real fan of it. Long as they keep to the high standards they have achieved regarding storyline I expect no difference in part 3!

Lastly, Seriously Obsidian and Bioware, take this to heart. THE EXPLORABLE AREAS NEED TO BE LARGER OVER ALL. Thats my BIGGEST complaint from parts 1 and 2, I would like to see twice (if not more) as much explorable areas in the game.

Follow the same story line, personally I dont care if you complete the story, but continue to make it appealing and interesting.

Being able to transfer your characters from part 2 to 3 would be a HUGE bonus btw! That alone would make me purchase part 3 to be honest. Its something RPG fans have been asking for, for years and years and years now. allow our relationship to our own characters to carry over creating a truely EPIC feeling in the game!

Lastly, Seriously Obsidian and Bioware, take this to heart. THE EXPLORABLE AREAS NEED TO BE LARGER OVER ALL. Thats my BIGGEST complaint from parts 1 and 2, I would like to see twice (if not more) as much explorable areas in the game.

I agree with you there. A bit of openendedness for those who want it. Those who don't want it would really not be missing out on anything.

When you go to Tatooine, Anchorhead is NOT the only city that you should be able to go to (even if it is the only city which hooks into the main plot).

:)

Anchorhead's the only city, at that time on Tatooine... :lol:

well, you know what I mean...it would be nice to have other destinations (and more of a surrounding area around the cities)....the advantage of using a made-up world like Taris is that you can do whatever you want without running into continuity problems.

Granted, bigger areas would be nice, but Kotor is much more linear than games like NWN and Morrowind, to an extent. A few areas should be bigger, yes.

I was just merely laughing at the irony of your statement.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

"Bastila

Mira

HK-47

T3-M4

Atton

Mandalore

Visas Marr

Handmaiden"

Can't see Mandalore as a party member this time around. Far to important to be spending his time running around on the Hawk again.

He must gather the Mandalorians for WAR

Mandalore has enough to be enjoyed in the game. The Sith will probably like to know where it is, there's the possibility that another Mandalore is around(concidering that itself was a continuiyt mistake from KOTOR 2). 

Going to Mandalore is fine if there is hard plot reasons for it. It is not if going there is simply because the Mandalorians "are cool and kick rear". Plot over coolness factors. Always.

I'm definitly not going back to Dxun, which had little to nothing to

do, and Mandalore is far better to the story of the Mandalorians.

Well, they were there before. I guess reasoning behind was that Mandalore just went there to find the remnants of the troops stranded there at the end of the Sith War and their offspring. Except for the time stretch, it didn't seem that far-fetched to me. Besides, the Mandalorians are conquerors - they don't conquer much by sitting around on the homeworld just feeling content and good about themselves...

You can learn more about their society, and there views. Help them prepare for war, and get things going.

Sorry, but I don't see much plot in that.

Nar Shadda has nothing to offer, why are you going to need to find clues of anything on Nar Shadda? It served it's purpose in KOTOR 2, and is finished. Jolee has more use on Yavin, seeing as there more purpose for that planet to the Sith War story, than Nar Shadda.

Nar Shaddaa will always be a place where things go to get lost. I like to stay clear of Yavin IV since so much stuff has been taking place there. And it could mess with continuity if you go there, since Exar Kun's spirit is supposed to remain more or less undisturbed for millennia. What does Yavin IV have to offer that we haven't seen before?

And your Sith planets had a purpose, and new Sith Planets are needed.

Pardon me, but so what? It's not as if them being mentioned in the comic books means that those worlds are suddenly obsolete. Besides, not much happened there in the first place, so I don't agree that they had much purpose in the past. Not to mention, those references are all more than a thousand years into the past at the time of KotOR3, so who's to say what's on those worlds now? Which Sith worlds would you suggest?

Vjun has nothing, and will having nothing for another 4000 years. It's a dead planet.

It's a dead world in 4000 years, yes, which is precisely why it is convenient to have it populated during this time only to kill it off just as Katarr was. It's a known world, and it won't mess with continuity. I'm not saying Vjun should be in the game, just that it should be a place the protagonists learn has suddenly been drained of all life.