Question about Torment (spoiler)

Claws

The Practical incarnation is trapped there for sure. The good and paranoid probably not. You can get the sensing stone in the room with the crystal that leads up to the Trial of Impulse and the Practical Incarnation will comment that the crystal is some kind of prison.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Torment was never about combat anyway, but it would have been a nice change of pace once in a while after hours of reading. As it stands enemies were just annoying because they never posed a threat and only hindered your progress to the next incredibly interesting NPC.  :blink:

Ha! I suck at combat so there was lots of challenging battles for me. Yay, I win! :lol:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Btw, you have to get yourself another avatar, mr. Rabbit. It wont do not having one. Not having an avatar makes the wolves come out of the walls and then its all over.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Pefect. If Mr. rAbbit doesnt take it, someone will. so hurry!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I dunno why people say the combat in PS:T was awful... It's not that different from BG1 and 2. I find it much better actually, and the spells are amazing, especially the higher level ones.

Actually this brings me to another question: Those levels 9 spells, like the symbol of torment and celestial host, do they exist in the planescape campaign or were they created for the game? Were the developers free to create new spells, lore, background info on the planescape multiverse?

You get the rune of torment after you use the yellow :( sphere I think and the celestial host after you redeem (or was it kill) Trias; it's best to have Annah steal the celestial fire from Trias before talking to him. I can't see Torment lower than 9.4/10 all faults considered, it could have been 9.7-9.8 if released a year later.

From what I've read online, the spells are pretty much the same as many other AD&D spells, and I assume the same goes with the locales...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."