Celebrity Blogs

LadyCrimson

So I've been reading Will Wheaton's blog (it's been on-line for 4 years or so but I just heard of it yesterday) and thinking about how cool the internet is, for connecting famous people to the not-famous. Not just publicity-wise, but those that blog like...well...the rest of us blog. ie, He mourns the loss of a pet recently and that really touched me.

The famous (or once-famous) are so often viewed as different, and I love that the net can remind us that that is not so.

Yeah...maybe I'm being maudlin...heh....

Anyone else have any fave celeb blogs?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Matthew Stover, cool author of Shatterpoint, Traitor and Revenge of the Sith novelization.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

What happened to this guy anyway?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

John Rogers (kfmonkey.blogspot.com) has a blog, he wrote The Core, was one of the writers on Catwoman (and he admits it was garbage, but thats what the suits wanted and he just needed the money) and is currently contracted for the Transformers movie.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

John Rogers (kfmonkey.blogspot.com) has a blog, he wrote The Core, was one of the writers on Catwoman (and he admits it was garbage, but thats what the suits wanted and he just needed the money) and is currently contracted for the Transformers movie.

Has he given any thoughts on whether or not the Transformers movie will be AWESOME or not? If it's not, I will of course have to sacrifice him to Bhaal along with 77 virgins.

Matthew Stover, cool author of Shatterpoint, Traitor and Revenge of the Sith novelization.

If you liked his starwars novels you should check out some of his own titles. The two I have read where "Heroes Die" and "Blade of tyshalle" both very good in my opinion.

But if you read his blog maybe you have already read them....

btw whats the adress to said blog?

So I've been reading Will Wheaton's blog

Um... Wil Wheaton. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help it. I read his blog once, too. But calling him a celebrity is like calling John Kerry "Mr. President". I mean, what has that guy done since "the most hated character in all of ST"? But anyway.

It would be nice if people could actually interact with (or at least get to know) "celebs". But unfortunately, I don't think such a thing is possible. Those people's living depends on their images, and while mr Wheaton is probably working on a McDonalds now and can post whatever he feels like, I don't think you are going to find a lot of truth about that person in say, Jude Law's Blog (if such a thing exists, anyway). It's just a part of their imposture, and it should be taken with a pinch of salt.

But then again, I don't really care that much for celebs. They are just flesh and bone like you and me.

[/cap'n obvious] :p

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So I've been reading Will Wheaton's blog

Um... Wil Wheaton. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help it. I read his blog once, too. But calling him a celebrity is like calling John Kerry "Mr. President". I mean, what has that guy done since "the most hated character in all of ST"? But anyway.

It would be nice if people could actually interact with (or at least get to know) "celebs". But unfortunately, I don't think such a thing is possible. Those people's living depends on their images, and while mr Wheaton is probably working on a McDonalds now and can post whatever he feels like, I don't think you are going to find a lot of truth about that person in say, Jude Law's Blog (if such a thing exists, anyway). It's just a part of their imposture, and it should be taken with a pinch of salt.

But then again, I don't really care that much for celebs. They are just flesh and bone like you and me.

[/cap'n obvious] :ninja:

He hyped his geek cred as "the most hated character in all of ST" and made himself on online celebrity. Even if he played a whiny little brat, you gotta admit, he's rather smart (in the manipulative way you despise a person for).

Well, he was also in Stand By Me, which I think is one of the best movies of that period, not to mention one of the best S. King film adaptations. And as mentioned, if millions recognize your name and know who you are and why, I consider that a celebrity - celebrity doesn't always have to mean 'popular'.

I never understood why people hated Wesley Crusher so much. I mean, sure, he was geeky and improbable, but I guess I just ignored him - I barely noticed he was there, really. (Tho that might have to do w/obsession w/Data/Picard....)

It's just a part of their imposture, and it should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Well. honestly, that's true of non-celebrites on the internet, as well. How many people exaggerate the stuff in their blogs/sites/posts to make it more interesting or colorful? How do you know anyone on the internet is speaking truth?

For all you know, I could be Sandra Bullock slumming in a game forum.

Which is kind of my point. The net can equalize people in the eyes of the readers.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You couldn't be Sandra Bullock, shes incapable of imitating a real person on screen, I doubt she'd be able to pull it off without a director to tell her what to do

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ok, ok...let's see... I could really be....Kurt Russell. Is that better? :blink:

(I can't think of any newer 'big names' offhand - stuck in the early 80's....heh)

Ewww.......Ben Affleck.

Reeves....he can be kinda cute in that dark Matrix coat but acting ability - bwahahaha!! yeah... :D

I give up.....I have no idea who the current generation respects celebrity wise. :ermm:

Clint Eastwood? Arrnie the "I can't believe I'm governor?" guy? Alex Trebek? Kevin Spacey? Sigourney Weaver?

Please tell me it's not Brad Pitt or Jerry Springer.... :blink:

Ewww.......Ben Affleck.

Reeves....he can be kinda cute in that dark Matrix coat but acting ability - bwahahaha!! yeah... :D

I give up.....I have no idea who the current generation respects celebrity wise. :p

Clint Eastwood? Arrnie the "I can't believe I'm governor?" guy? Alex Trebek? Kevin Spacey? Sigourney Weaver?

Please tell me it's not Brad Pitt or Jerry Springer.... o:)

You're old huh?

Johnny Depp. ;)

The Duke is greater than Clint and immortal though.

You're old huh?

What gave it away? ;)

Yeah...by some standards I'm old, I guess. Pfft.

Depp - he's fun...he's been around since the 80's too. I'd like to read a Depp-blog...

Christian Bale - who?

Im Bill Clinton.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "