Do you find yourself creating the same character?

I do have my favored character type of being the Skill based types but most of the time I make the character random, and not just the stats.

Roll die, Even=Female, Odd=Male.

Count the number of classes, and roll die.  That is what class I start with.

In DnD I roll for alignment 1d10, reroll if 10, baring alignment restrictions from class.

Once those basics are done I make the character as normal.

Well, good to know you've got a system. :rolleyes:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

The only game I've ever felt the need to create a number of different characters in is.. Dungeon Lords. And that game isn't even released yet! It has such a wide variety of character types that I want to see and experience first hand, that no game in a long time has matched (and I've only played the demo so far). With a little luck, the actual game will be so much more involved and complex.. according to D. W. Bradley's plans. I'm really looking forward to this game! Let's just hope they manage to fulfill all their visions and promises.. (not that I think they will).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

...if only 'nother game 'sides NeverWorkin'Right let us play Wemics...Caramon Majere as a Wemic, imagine the possibilities... :blink:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I've always enjoyed playing fighter/thief characters who can create havoc then just slip off into the shadows. That or straight-forward meatshield melee fighters; my favourite game of BG1 was with a single-classed half-elf fighter...totally vanilla longsword-and-shield kind of bloke.

I also quite like the warrior-cleric (but not a paladin) kind of character concept. 3E D&D made fighter/clerics sick. Really powerful.

I never play pure magic-using characters. Ever. I don't like standing at the back casting spells.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

in Pen'n'paper I'm very flexible, and if I play with alot of friends I'll usually make a character that is needed (like if they are all mages, I'll be a figther etc) ..

but it's more due to the "never order the same pizza as everyone else" philosophy! I like flavour in a game, and when alot of people each play very unique and different characters it's like perfect spices to a recipe for me!

But I always, or at least when ever I can, play as an elf .. since I hate dwarves (only in RPG! don't worry) and I love playing an extremely arrogant elf!

in crpg I usually play a Paladin .. as I want my main character in front, and Mages aren't the best choice when you want to barge through a door into a room filled with enemies!

Fortune favors the bald.

Since 3E I have always played a ranger with any combination of classes that would support stealth, such as Rogue.

I have since then, play through many NWN mods doing the same thing.

And recently, I have just completed KoTOR2 using a DEX based character who is also skilled in stealth as well.

Also, I just can not play as a female character.

I have heard so many people who has been playing with so many different classes, different gender and perhaps races, I once forced myself to try, as an experiment, but half way through the game, I had to restart and make THAT character again.

I have still learnt what some of the spell do because I was oftern beaten up by magic, but not by using it.

Strange.

All my characters are either Craig or releated to him. The Craig are usually warriors.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Let's just hope they manage to fulfill all their visions and promises.. (not that I think they will).

I question that statement mkreku. You've been pimping Dungeon Lords like it

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

In Fallout,IWD I make myslef in a character.

str 14 +2 str 6

dex 15 +2 pep 8

con 16 +3 end 8

int 15 +2 int 7

wis 15 +2 agl 7

cha 10 +0 cha 5

luc 1

If I tell you I'm good

You would probably think I'm boasting

If I tell you I'm no good

You know I'm lying

---Bruce Lee

That's why I had to go check out that book... to find Raistlan. He is a perfect doomed character.

I just couldn't remember his name. It's been 2 or 3 years or so since I've read that trilogy...

Didn't they have another 'tragic' sister? I seem to remember her commenting on how she always knew Raistlan wouldn't stay in the Red Robes for long...

Yep - her name was Kitiara, and she was a general in the army of evil. In fact, if I remember right, she may even have become the replacement dark goddess (or at least tried to). Kind of shaky on that one - been a while since I read any of the books, and I know I missed some of them.

She rode a dragon, if I remember right. I do believe that she did want to overthrow Talhisis (is that spelt right?).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

To anwser the topic->

No.

Definitely need to go back and re-read those books!

Don't bother....

All Dragonlance books are crap.

...well, other than "Brothers in arms" that is.

oh, and Kitiara never tried to become a goddess. Raistlin however tried and did, then chose not to.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Kitiara tried to OVERTHROW, not BECOME Takhisis (thanks, Unicorn).

Raistlin did try, but he didn't. He did, however, counsil the gods during the War of the Souls, when none of the gods could find the planet because Takhisis moved it.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Oh, and those books are cool! They don't stink! (Granted, the actual War(s) of the Lance(s) are the better trilogies...)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Raistlin did try, but he didn't.

Yes he did, Caramon and Tass saw this when they travelled to future in "Legends"

Oh, and those books are cool! They don't stink! (Granted, the  actual War(s) of the Lance(s) are the better trilogies...)

Oh Yes....

IF you're 12 years old. :devil:

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Nope. That was when I first read them, though... There were very few out then, now that I think about it...

I still think that they're a decent read. They're some of the only books that I actually read based on series (other than Jordan's Sword of Truth series).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

I usually go for a Rogue type or magic user, heavy on all dialouge skills and I usually play him as a wisecracking smartass. Funny thing is that I usually call him Locke and I started doing that LONG before Final Fantasy 6 was released.

I usually go for a Rogue type or magic user, heavy on all dialouge skills and I usually play him as a wisecracking smartass. Funny thing is that I usually call him Locke and I started doing that LONG before Final Fantasy 6 was released.

Or Revenant, perhaps? :thumbsup:

I, too, seem to create a "standard" character whenever I'm playing an RPG.

A skilled warrior/paladin with a heavy sarcastic streak but with a heart of gold.

Or

A Sorcerer / Invoker/Evoker Wizard with heavy combat orientation and plenty of skills.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Oohh, that is annoying.. When you have a name you always use for a character, and some movie/book/game comes along, uses the same name, and suddenly makes you look like a pathetic fanboi.

In 1994 I used to play a MUD (Multi User Dungeon, online text based adventure) called Valhalla, and to be able to build zones in the game I needed a god character (world builders are called gods for some reason). So I sat down and tried to figure out a name of someone/something that could change an entire world and Earthquake came to mind. It seemed a bit long so I shortened it to Quake.. 2 years later, I had every newbie in the game asking me if I'd played a particular game by ID Software. Grr.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Or Revenant, perhaps? :p

Long before Revenant as well :( I should check some day if I still have it somewhere in my gaming library..