What are your Ability Scores?

"Nah. It's beer, mate." - Doug Anthony Allstars

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How about this for being "three sheets to the wind:" I've been on Vicodin for the past three days because of a rather ugly infection. Unfortunately, the pain prevents me from feeling particularly witty. Hell, I'm still suffering even having been taking the medicine regularly. I can't even sleep at night. Did I mention that I have a low constitution? I suspect, however, that some of you sick bastards will probably get a kick out of my suffering. Anything to spread cheer.

What about luck? How would we assess our luck characteristic?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Whenever I feel bad about not being the greatest hyper genius in the world I remind myself that I can beat that person up however smart they may be

Most likely, you can't. Probably that person has (or can hire) bodyguards to turn your bones into jelly, in the rare event they couldn't deal with you themselves. Which means you can't "beat up" anyone.

And that statement certifies your stupidity much better than any silly test would. Thanks for making official something that everyone already knew. :huh:

Actually I could,

040829fantasia.jpg

I only worry about getting my beautiful face scratched as their arms flail about involuntarily under my misplaced rage driven, flurry of blows. Hard to take offence from someone with such a funny avatar.

Updated stats.

STR 10(I lost thirty pounds!)

DEX 15

CON 12

WIS 11

INT 16

CHA 16(I lost thirty pounds!)

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

How about this for being "three sheets to the wind:"  I've been on Vicodin for the past three days because of a rather ugly infection.  Unfortunately, the pain prevents me from feeling particularly witty.  Hell, I'm still suffering even having been taking the medicine regularly.  I can't even sleep at night.  Did I mention that I have a low constitution?  I suspect, however, that some of you sick bastards will probably get a kick out of my suffering.  Anything to spread cheer.

What about luck?  How would we assess our luck characteristic?

One of the books on my to-read pile is The Luck Factor by some Psych professor at the University of Hatfield, who did quite an interesting indepth study about unlucky people and managed to turn 80% or so around ... (so, yes, there are some "hard-luck" cases out there that can't be helped ...!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think most of us have been lucky at some time or another. The simple fact we are here at all is testament to that. But extra luck is when you find a fifity pound note in the street, or have a papaer to write on a country and find yourself sharing a train carriage with a delegation from their leading university. Both of which are things that have happened to me.

I've been kicked in the pants a few times, and maybe I'll get cancer or worse some day. But yeah, so far not too bad.

The big question is, can you 'jinx' yourself?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

... I think just as much as positive visualization helps achieve better results, the self-fufilling prophecy can allow you to jinx yourself.

Speaking of visualisation, are you aware of the technique for exercise that takes advantage of the fat that "correct" visualisation has been shown to provide up to 60% of the benefical effects as actual exercise?

We used to have a running joke at work where we would have to clarifiy if we were "actually" visiting the gym / jogging / etc, or just exercising virtually.

(Correct visualisation requires the same time commitment, it is just skipping the actual grunting and imagining it and all the experiences.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My statz:

STR: 19 (and a half, depending on food intake)

DEX: 22

CON: At least 20, but I'm unsure on this one, since no one's ever been able to fatigue me.

INT: 46 (yep, you read it)

WIS: 46 (I never got the difference between those two anyway)

CHA: Ask da women

Well, there you have it. I'm a talented individual. :lol:

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

My statz:

CON: At least 20, but I'm unsure on this one, since no one's ever been able to fatigue me.

Well, there you have it. I'm a talented individual. ;)

Please, tell us what this ambrosia is!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My statz:

Well, there you have it. I'm a talented individual. ;)

Please, tell us what this ambrosia is!

Mostly pasta. And caffeine.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum