What are your Ability Scores?

These kind of topics are hilarious .. but it's good to see that most people have some selfesteem, even if it means they are slightly delusional! .. hehe

Fortune favors the bald.

Also: Subtract one from your intelligence and wisdom scores for each use of "lol".

Edit: You'd think someone with an intelligence of seventeen would know how to spell the word folly. Or with a wisdom score of twenty plus would remember to close their quote tags.

0004.jpg

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 2 weeks later...
.. I have been P&P gaming since I was 5...

:shifty:"

STRENGTH: 16 or 17 ...

DEXTERITY: 19 (honestly - I can catch arrows between 60 - 75% of the time ... )

CONSTITUTION: 15 to 18 ...

INTELLIGENCE: 17 ...

WISDOM: 20+ (just don't ask how I got it. unless you're ready for a serious yoda-esque uber-spiritual discussion..  LOL! :lol:  ...

CHARISMA:  ...

... I'm a career rogue scholar

That might be a Rhodes Scholar you'd be referring to, I take it? A rogue scholar would seem to be someone intent on championing a heretical doctrine. Charisma is a mesure of your ability to persuade others and share your pov with them: so far you've not scored very well on the forum ...

... Fifth - ... I am actually a fairly proficient student of esoteric metaphysics ...

Please regale us with your wisdom ... no, seriously ...

Seventh - Do you really want to argue with me about a topic (myself) that I am fairly more informaed about than you...?

No, you're right there; I have no interest in discussing you any more than I already have.

...I figured this post would be an excellent way to participate and have fun with the community, and you attempting to critically correct me doesn't make me feel very accepted, seeing as this is my very first posting in these forums ...

Your first post is crammed with testosterone-charged bravado; full of casual ott assertions about how superior you are compared to everyone else -- what did you expect everyone to do to such a provacative and quite offensive (passive-aggressive) post?

Next time, I would appreciate it if you showed a little more tact, lest you illicit the same treatment from me...  (and as you can see, I can be pretty tactless if I have to be...)

You mean elicit; "... And I would've got away with it, if it wasn't for those pesky homophones ...!"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ok, I'll bite. I'll give an explanation for my stats as well. Everything will be 3rd Edition D&D, with 10 being considered average (and none of this average of tomorrow or medieval or anything....average by today!).

Strength: 9

I'm not too strong. If given an extreme situation, I can usually dig a bit deeper...but I can't do much for weights, and my upper body is meh. My legs are strong though, which keeps the stat at least decent

Dexterity: 12

My strong legs let me move fast :D Playing basketball has improved my reactions, and I seem to have decent anticipation IMO. I don't have any uncontrolled twitching or spasms, and can hold stuff with limited shaking.

Constitution: 16

I barely remember the last time I actually had an illness. I've never broken a bone, and my experiences with basketball based on outside perspectives was that I was someone that would take a beating, dive for a loose ball, smashing myself into a wall, and still be the first guy back on defense :D I also do not drink and have excellent blood pressure and a good resting heart rate (although I am getting out of shape...but I've started doing cardio again).

Intelligence: 15

Never had a real hard time understanding concepts in school. Slacked my way to a 90% average in high school and have a 3.85 GPA in University, which has also included some slacking. The two semesters where I didn't slack I had a 4.0

Wisdom: 14

I am not blinded purely by my own beliefs and have an understanding about situations from most (if not all) angles of it. I do not pass judgement on people or ideas, and always try to examine situations empirically. Not buying into the hype has led to startling discoveries about things previously thought to be only good (like recycling :- ). I considered going higher, but my tendency to slack off in my studies, particularly after a good semester, is certainly unwise :lol:"

Charisma: 11

I can joke around and get along well with people. I have absolutely zero trouble making acquaintances, and consider myself to be a fun person. I'd consider having this maybe a 12, but I will admit I'm a dork when it comes to women. My mouth continually gets bigger as I never fail to put my foot in it :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Today or when I was in the Marine Corps? I was in much better shape then.

If I remembered the guidelines from 2nd ed (bench press and the like) I'd give you D&D ability scores like you requested. Instead I will use White Wolf's system. I realize these answers will make me look conceited. Either I am, or I have good genes.

Strength 2

(probably a 3 while I was in the Core)

Dexterity 3

(Wrestling, Martial Arts, SCA fighting, etc. I used to be able to put a leg around my head to boot.)

Stamina 2

(Again, I think I used to be a 3 or 4. I used to do 20 mile runs in the Marine Corps, and did a 3 mile run in 18 minutes).

Charisma 2

(This is a tough one. I did debate, and lots of community theatre. I think I'm a good speaker, but at the same time I have a tendency to turn-off certain people. I have a strong personality either way, but you could interpret a very positive or negative charisma)

Manipulation 4

(I have a national medal saying I took first place in a DECA National General Marketing/Sales competition. And I LARPed 4 years in the Camarilla, and played one of the most infamous and manipulative characters amongst thousands.)

Appearance 3

(I look alot like a cross between David Caruso and Eric Stoltz. In California, I actually got asked for an autograph by someone who sincerely thought I was Eric Stolz. David Caruso was voted sexiest man alive one year. Yet appearance is a matter of taste. I think rating myself above a 3 would be really vain, and I don't think I'm exceedingly attractive, but there are a few who might think I am.)

Perception 1

(I have very good hearing, but I'm pretty damned blind, and my head is often elsewhere.)

Intelligence 4

(I've never tested below 115 on any IQ test, and I've tested as high as 160. I average in the 135 range, and at the uber-prep school in Omaha, I had the highest score on their entrance exam in the history of the school. I also learn extremely fast. Though I'd never call myself a genius. I'm 99 percentile, and always have been on every test, but I believe true geniuses are one in a million.)

Wits 3

(I'm a quick thinker who is rarely surpised).

Yep, you are right. I think you are conceited.

Aren't regular humans automatically assigned 1s in all of their stats in WW?

Way to go, Ender. The other guy was just plain deluded, but you're claiming you're supernatural. :p

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yep, you are right. I think you are conceited.

Aren't regular humans automatically assigned 1s in all of their stats in WW?

Way to go, Ender. The other guy was just plain deluded, but you're claiming you're supernatural.  :thumbsup:

No, you don't know the scale.

A normal human can have a 5. 5 is an Olympic athlete, or genius. A 2 is average, 1 is poor, 3 is good, 4 is great, and 5 is phenomenal.

Supernatural creatures can surpass 5. Your average werewolf can go into Crinos and have a strength of 8. I gave myself a 2. None of my stats went above a 4.

I've never taken a test where I scored below 99 percentile. I think that warrants a 4. However, I digress. I don't feel the need to justify my scores. I merely wanted to explain the scale since you apparently didn't understand it.

Really smart children soon realise that if you get A's constantly then it becomes the expected norm. I used to pull out an A whenever I wanted something, worked like a charm until university.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Can you have negative scores *peers into mirror*  >_<

Yes, anything below ten gives a -1 to the score every two points.

That's the modifier, not the score.

It is not possible to have negative score in D&D, as when a character reaches 0 in an ability, he or she is dead. However, certain monsters have no value in a certain ability, which is distinguised from having a 0 because said mosters do not need the ability to function. For instance, a construct does not need a constitution score, as it has no life or health. However, a 0 in constitution for an organic means that the heart is too weak to pump blood, the immune system has broken down, etc. etc.

Or at least, so memory serves me.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Can you die from uglification ?

Hmm...*fishes out player's handbook*

Scratch what I said before. A character with 0 Strength falls to the ground and is helpless. A character with 0 Dexterity is paralysed. A character with 0 Constitution is dead, while a 0 in Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma is unconcious.

So uglification can knock you out.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I was being melodramatic, guys. :blink: I was trying to deflate the urinative contest that seems to have developed over the last couple of pages. ;)

Anywho, I distinctly remember the AD&D 2 ruleset in the Deities and Demigods (or whatever the title was) some of the divine had negative scores: some of the less "social" denizens of the nine hundred and ninety-nine planes of hell, for example, had a Charisma score of -25. (Can't remember if there were negatives in their abilities -- a CHA of -25 had a similar effect to 25, in that mere mortals were rendered stupified and paralyzed with awe, just the ambient smell was a little worse :/ )

Still, a charisma of zero knocks you out. I guess that makes sense.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT