Any good rpgs ?

Spooky

so whats the deal with Goldenland will it ever be translated and released over here?

doubtful... their "publisher" is falling apart in spite of several popular games on the shelves. they've been saying soon for over a year. i've also heard it did not sell well in russia, which makes an international release less likely.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Fire Emblem is an odd combo of Turn-Based Strategy and Role-playing, and it has a decent story to it...

Plus, it's only about 5 dollars now. :thumbsup:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

The Bg series CRUSHES KOTOR series. The only thing worthwhile that KOTOR series beats the BG series is the use of non combat skills.

that speaks really badly about the kotor games are you saying i should stay far away from them

Nope he's just saying that BG series is better than Kotor at everything exept non-combat skills :p

That doesn't mean Kotor series is bad just not as good as some of the best RPGs ever made :lol:

Comparing the BG series to the KOTORs is a bit of an apple/orange deal. Sure, they're both frui.. ah, RPGs, but that's about the end of the similarities. Playing through the whole BG series could take well over 100 hours, and requires a fairly high level of dedication. It's sort of like reading The Hobbit+LOTR+The Silmarillion; the story is engaging and interesting, but like all epics, tends to drag in places. The KOTORs, whatever their faults, are much shorter and have better pacing.

However, if you're looking for a good, well paced and relatively short RPG, why not check out Cult: Heretic Kingdoms? It's new, has good graphics, an engaging storyline, and can be picked up for $30.

I tried the demo, but didn't like it. Sad really, the story seems interesting. For the thread starter; get NWN and the expansions. The official campaigns, discounting Hordes of the Underdark, aren't really worth the zots but the unofficial mods are. NWN fans are some of the most dedicated ones I've ever seen, and that shows when playing the mods. Now half-done stuff here.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The demo doesn't really give you enough opportunity to play with Attunements, so the full game is much better.  As Briosafreak said, a simple game but well-executed IMO.  It's one of my favourite few action-RPGs.

That's what Dhruin said in the Kult topic and I have to agree the full game is much better :thumbsup:

If you've played a lot of these games you could always go for Temple of Elemental Evil. It definitely has some serious faults, but considering how cheap it is these days (like 10 american dollars) it might be worthwhile.

Although, clearly I'm a Fallout fanboy and will praise those all day long if you haven't yet partaken.

I 've never been a fan of RPGs.I didn't like diablo,I didn't like fall out.I just got NWN and i don't like it.I got torment and I don't like it.

Is there any game that is remotely similar to kotor and kotor II in term of gameplay and importance of the story?...

I've been looking for weeks now.Jade empire seems pretty good but is unfortunately not available on pc...

is there any game on pc that has this great mix of action/adventure/story thing going?...and with decent graphics (i hate it when you have stupidly small characters)...

I start to develop a certain lack of faith...

You are in the wrong genre but your SW fanboyism got ya hooked on KOTOR. Sorry, no luck for you. It;s too bad too as overall the KOTOR series is the WORST amongst the games you mention...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You are in the wrong genre but your SW fanboyism got ya hooked on KOTOR. Sorry, no luck for you. It;s too bad too as overall the KOTOR series is the WORST amongst the games you mention...

Not a great tone.if you can't be more constructive than that it would be a good idea not to post a reply.

It's very easy to be judgmental but much more difficult to be helpful.

I am looking for a RPG that doesn't focus on dungeons an dragons and that has characters that you can actually see on your screen.

I'm certainly not obsessed with the star wars universe.It just has to have a good story.

if anyone thinks that BG/fall out...etc are the greatest games.fair enough.it's just a matter of individual taste.There is no right or wrong.

I 've never been a fan of RPGs.I didn't like diablo,I didn't like fall out.I just got NWN and i don't like it.I got torment and I don't like it.

Is there any game that is remotely similar to kotor and kotor II in term of gameplay and importance of the story?...

I've been looking for weeks now.Jade empire seems pretty good but is unfortunately not available on pc...

is there any game on pc that has this great mix of action/adventure/story thing going?...and with decent graphics (i hate it when you have stupidly small characters)...

I start to develop a certain lack of faith...

Why don't you just pick up a PS2 for dirt-cheap? It's built up a massive library of Japanese-style RPGs which are very different than the RPGs we get for PC, and are in the vein of what you'd be looking for. I know the Dungeons and Dragons purists scoff at things like Final Fantasy, but that's how my love of RPGs started way back in 1989. When I 1st got a PC, I got Ultima 7, which was a drastic change from what I was used to, but I still liked it. Now I play both types.

Why don't you just pick up a PS2 for dirt-cheap? It's built up a massive library of Japanese-style RPGs which are very different than the RPGs we get for PC, and are in the vein of what you'd be looking for. I know the Dungeons and Dragons purists scoff at things like Final Fantasy, but that's how my love of RPGs started way back in 1989. When I 1st got a PC, I got Ultima 7, which was a drastic change from what I was used to, but I still liked it. Now I play both types.

Sounds like a good idea actually.Will look into it.thanx

"am looking for a RPG that doesn't focus on dungeons an dragons and that has characters that you can actually see on your screen."

BG, FO, PST, NWN, and JE all have this. And, they tned to have better stories and role-playing than KOTOR overall. :(

And, oh, KOTOR does focus on dungeons and even has dragons.

BG, FO, PST, NWN, and JE all have this

nope the characters are small...too small...except for jade empire...but unfortunately i don't have an xbox.hopefully JE will be released at some point on pc.

And, they tned to have better stories and role-playing than KOTOR overall. :(

it's a question of taste.

And, oh, KOTOR does focus on dungeons and even has dragons.

ahah you got me here...though you can't really say that they are a point of focus.

The dungeons are. Nothingw rong with that either. I don't consider it a bad thing as most games - espicially RPGs - are full of dungeons. And, dragons tned not tbe focus of D&D games either.

"it's a question of taste."

Of course. That's why I said you prefer the KOTOR series. Nothing inherenetly wrong in that other than the fact I disagree. I like KOTOR series too.

"nope the characters are small...too small...except for jade empire...but unfortunately i don't have an xbox.hopefully JE will be released at some point on pc."

You can still see 'em...

The dungeons are. Nothingw rong with that either. I don't consider it a bad thing as most games - espicially RPGs - are full of dungeons. And, dragons tned not tbe focus of D&D games either.

sorry but i don't see how dungeons are an important part of kotor.

you do provide relevant answers though.

it's just a pity that it has turned into something like "the games i like are better than yours".

all i was asking was if there was any game similar to kotor or jade empire with good graphics...I'm not a big fan of heroic fantasy so i tend to avoid games focusing too much on that...

I don't really care if 95% of people love baldur's gate i was basically asking this question to people who could actually relate to what i was saying.

So basically you want first person rpgs for computer, eh? Troika recently made a game called Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Not sure how good it is, since I've never touched it, but you might like it if you can get over the bugs and slow framerate.

Morrowind might also be worth a try. I personally do not care for it, but it is a first person rpg (and a cheap buy too!).

But as others have said, Fallout and Baldur's Gate are still #1. Not sure how much time you spent on them, but it was a short period, I'd suggest atleast giving them a chance to prove themselves.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

You're probably asking the wrong crowd then. Most of us here are big fans of the games listed above which you didn't care for.

Not that there is a board consensus for recommended rpgs, but if there were, the Fallouts, PST's, and BG's would be it.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

So basically you want first person rpgs for computer, eh?  Troika recently made a game called Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.  Not sure how good it is, since I've never touched it, but you might like it if you can get over the bugs and slow framerate.

Morrowind might also be worth a try.  I personally do not care for it, but it is a first person rpg (and a cheap buy too!).

But as others have said, Fallout and Baldur's Gate are still #1.  Not sure how much time you spent on them, but it was a short period, I'd suggest atleast giving them a chance to prove themselves.

I'll give those a try as they seem to be the kind of rpg i'm looking for.

I'll try baldur's gate again but well...i have already tried quite hard to get into that game...without success.

still,thanks for the advice.definitely helpful.