Weird Animal Moments

Today I was waklking home from work and a brown squirrel ran up to me, about 10 feet away, and stood on its hind legs in what looked like a martial art stance. I thought what the hell and I felt a bit whimsical so I got into a similar stance. The beast then ran straight at me and I ran towards it and then it suddenly swerved to on coming traffic.

Now in most cases that would make Squirrel Road Pizza but not in this case. A woman driving a jeep swerved to miss the squirrel, hit th curb and pretty much launched the jeep right at me. Obviously the Jeep didn't hit me or I wouldn't be typing this right now and I would want to see more trees planted by the road side. While the woman was distraught over her single car accident I looked for the squirrel.

The squirrel was on the oppoite side of the street, on its hind legs again, and giving me what looked like the squirrel equivelent of the bird. It then scampered off into the bushes of a nearby house.

I laughed and continued walking home.

Harvey

the wierdest moment was when a pigeon landed on my hand and wouldn't leave .. I tried smacking it but it just kept sitting there, and I was waving my hand quite violently at the end .. bloody bird!

Fortune favors the bald.

well if you believe in old Norse mythology that was either Hugin or Munin that followed you .. seems Odin (or Wooden in English) has a personal interest in you! :rolleyes:

but then Ravens are actually quite intelligent birds .. perhaps it was simply bored!

Fortune favors the bald.

I was attacked by a squadron of ****roaches. Well, by squadron I mean four, but simultanously from four different directions. It sure as hell looked co-ordinated.

I hate ****roaches. Every other small animal runs AWAY from you if you approach, but they run straight AT you.

And they FLY! They keep it pretty quiet, until suddenly one day something lands on your FACE!

EDIT: And the absurd censor wins again.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Animals are way smarter than you think, and they take the piss out of you.

I noticed a wasp flying around the windows. So I pulled thge blinds down to trap it. and to make sure the wasp knew this i said "you wont be getting put of that will you?"

The thing then crawled under the blind and flew right in my face, as if to say "i proved you wrong didnt I?". Then the bloody thing turned around and flew back under the blind!

That was freaky. like it understood what I was saying and was taking the piss out of me!

Oh, that happens all the time to me... I've just starting talking to animals as though they can understand me, because it is a proven fact that most animals can get the basic gist of what you're saying by the tone you say it in. However, the longer they've been around humans, the more they'll understand it...

No, I don't live in a basement! Stop laughing at me! I'm not paranoid!

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Today I was waklking home from work and a brown squirrel ran up to me, about 10 feet away, and stood on its hind legs in what looked like a martial art stance.  I thought what the hell and I felt a bit whimsical so I got into a similar stance.  The beast then ran straight at me and I ran towards it and then it suddenly swerved to on coming traffic.

Now in most cases that would make Squirrel Road Pizza but not in this case.  A woman driving a jeep swerved to miss the squirrel, hit th curb and pretty much launched the jeep right at me.  Obviously  the Jeep didn't hit me or I wouldn't be typing this right now and I would want to see more trees planted by the road side.  While the woman was distraught over her single car accident I looked for the squirrel.

The squirrel was on the oppoite side of the street, on its hind legs again, and giving me what looked like the squirrel equivelent of the bird.  It then scampered off into the bushes of a nearby house.

:p

Priceless.

-----

A few years ago I was walking through campus to where I worked at the time.  From the commons building to the publications building, which is a good mile apart, a single raven followed me.  Went from light pole to light pole, looking at me and following me.

It almost freaked me out.

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

-----

I was attacked by a squadron of ****roaches.  Well, by squadron I mean four, but simulatanously from four different directions.  It sure as hell looked co-ordinated.

I hate ****roaches.  Every other small animal runs AWAY from you if you approach, but they run straight AT you.

And they FLY!  They keep it pretty quiet, until suddenly one day something lands on your FACE!

:p

They DO co-ordinate attacks and they always, alway, always come straight AT you! I loathe those little monsters. And the PACE of those horrors is astounding!

What are they - God's punishement for mankind? No mater how times I smack them or stamp them (on carpeted floors), they NEVER, EVER die!

And what's more is they *FLY*! Oh, why oh why Lord, do they fly?! :'(

It's as if their filthy grotesqueness wasn't punishment enough, that they needed this extra ability merely to taunt you!

But the Flight of the Beast is silent - oh yes, very silent. Always watching you they are... :ph34r:

manthing2.jpg

Today I was waklking home from work and a brown squirrel ran up to me, about 10 feet away, and stood on its hind legs in what looked like a martial art stance.  I thought what the hell and I felt a bit whimsical so I got into a similar stance.  The beast then ran straight at me and I ran towards it and then it suddenly swerved to on coming traffic.

Now in most cases that would make Squirrel Road Pizza but not in this case.  A woman driving a jeep swerved to miss the squirrel, hit th curb and pretty much launched the jeep right at me.  Obviously  the Jeep didn't hit me or I wouldn't be typing this right now and I would want to see more trees planted by the road side.  While the woman was distraught over her single car accident I looked for the squirrel.

The squirrel was on the oppoite side of the street, on its hind legs again, and giving me what looked like the squirrel equivelent of the bird.  It then scampered off into the bushes of a nearby house.

:rolleyes:

Priceless.

-----

A few years ago I was walking through campus to where I worked at the time.  From the commons building to the publications building, which is a good mile apart, a single raven followed me.  Went from light pole to light pole, looking at me and following me.

It almost freaked me out.

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

-----

I was attacked by a squadron of ****roaches.  Well, by squadron I mean four, but simulatanously from four different directions.  It sure as hell looked co-ordinated.

I hate ****roaches.  Every other small animal runs AWAY from you if you approach, but they run straight AT you.

And they FLY!  They keep it pretty quiet, until suddenly one day something lands on your FACE!

:o

They DO co-ordinate attacks and they always, alway, always come straight AT you! I loathe those little monsters. And the PACE of those horrors is astounding!

What are they - God's punishement for mankind? No mater how times I smack them or stamp them (on carpeted floors), they NEVER, EVER die!

And what's more is they *FLY*! Oh, why oh why Lord, do they fly! :'(

It's as if their filthy grotesqueness wasn't punishment enough, that they needed this extra ability merely to taunt you!

But the Flight of the Beast is silent - oh yes, very silent. Always watching you they are... :ph34r:

That commentary was classic.

C-ockroaches can survive just about anything, from radiation, to raid, to the sole of your foot. Plus, they're friggin fast! Now, picture the huge 2-5 inch THINGS they have in Brazil... Can you imagine waking up every morning to those things??? Holy cow, that's like a horror movie!

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

One morning, my father woke up real early to go to work, and he tried to heat up water to make tea. Just as he was about to put the tea bag into the boiling water, he accidently dropped the bag on the floor. Immediately, one of our dogs ran up to it and swallowed it, and my father started cursing for like.. ten minutes straight. That was a very weird moment.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

One morning, my father woke up real early to go to work, and he tried to heat up water to make tea. Just as he was about to put the tea bag into the boiling water, he accidently dropped the bag on the floor. Immediately, one of our dogs ran up to it and swallowed it, and my father started cursing for like.. ten minutes straightThat was a very weird moment.

Yeah, but not a weird "animal" mom...wait, nevermind. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

Now that's comedy :)

I was at my parents place and went out to take Leo the dog for a walk. The neighbours were out in their garden. Leo sniffs their low hedge and the woman starts to chat with me about cats and whatever. Then her face turns sour. And as I look down Leo is in the process of laying a huge turd, practicly by her feet.

Then comes one of those moments of horrendously awkward silence.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "