Who was the greatest lightsaber duelist

Who was the greatest lightsaber duelist from the movies?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the greatest lightsaber duelist from the movies?

• Obi Wan
    • Anakin Skywwalker
    • Windu
    • Yoda
    • Darth Maul
    • Qui Gon

Maul was good, but he was too brash to fight uber good. I voted Anakin, just because he is cool when he gets mad... That and I'm bored...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Maul was the best, besides jedi fight like the french. Maul is undoubtly the greatest L/S master from the movies.

Your out of ur mind it was yoda no contest. Well actually maybe anakin right before he becomes vader but we have not really seen him fight yet.

Once he becomes vader he isnt as good cause u see him fight in RoTJ with luke and even though the fight was epic it was not as stylish or amazing as yoda fight with dooku.

Now i know that the reason it was not like the fights form Ep. I,II,III is because of the technology and stuff back then, but still you could argue that because Luke is a Counsuler without much lightsaber technique training and Vader is half machine and rusty with his lightsaber, that is why their fight was not as fantastic as the ones in the prequels.

Yoda yoda yoda!!

Maybe windu will really prove himself in the nxt film though.

maul was showy - nothing more.

As far as the OT fights you can rationalise the fights being stiff, except for obi v vader (a bit crappy)

Luke v vader round 1: Luke is very inexperienced with a sabre while vader is merely toying with him and teasing him w/o putting much effort into it.

Luke v vader round 2: This time luke is holding back at the beginning and vader is suffering an internal emotional struggle which is maybe distracting him. whne luke loses his temper he really shows how crap he is by smacking everything in sight.

Where's Dooku you moron?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Force Ghosts require specific conditions. I'd quote the Source Book, but I'm too lazy and antagonistic to cater to another's needs right now...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Where's Dooku you moron?

I dont know **** face, Who scared of an old coot? Espicially a weak one. You overestimate his chances.

Yeah dooku should be a choice since he is defeinitely better than maul and obi and qui gonn

Maul was the best with a lightsaber, A double bladed lightsaber is the most difficult to master and only precise attacks are effective and may be used, one wrong moved and its your end. Besides he killed a jedi master and almost his apprentice. But it was stupid obi wan wouldve died if he wasnt so foolish. It's typical for Sith Knights to be better skilled with a lightsaber than with the force.

My Order (of the films) is:

Yoda

Anakin

Mace

Dooku

Obi

Maul

Qui Gon

Luke

Dooku= old pathetic jedi who turned to the dark side

Luke= I could beat this ****tard with my B/B bat, he as much training with a lightsaber and the force as does a gizka.

I thought people would be stuck between Maul and Yoda. Dont get me wrong the I like dooku but maul was way better. Anyways the Light side is weak, and pathetic.

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

Well, Dooku managed to beat both Anakin and Obi-Wan. Granted, Anakin was still a padawan at the time, but Obi-Wan was a fully fledged Jedi master, and a good one at that. Not even Yoda could gain a clear advantage against Dooku. I'm curious as to how Anakin manages to best him in EP3.

And on a totally unrelated note, I doubt you could hit the broad side of a barn with your B/B bat. :thumbsup:)

EDIT: Oh, and you forgot to add General Grievous as well.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And on a totally unrelated note, I doubt you could hit the broad side of a barn with your B/B bat.  :rolleyes:)

EDIT: Oh, and you forgot to add General Grievous as well.

whatever Noobcakes :) I play baseball

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

Dooku is the Best with the Saber, and the only jedi to best him, when they were still jedi, were Mace and Yoda, it says that on StarWars.com...

Dooku beat down obi wan and anakin....easily

Maul was killed by obi wan when he was just an apprentice!!!!!!!

Maul was weak....

Greivous would seem the best, but he doesnt know Mace Windus side....

personally I think Windu is probably the best duelist, also I think he is able to best sidious...who Im not sure is better than dooku or not yet....but I think Mace bests sidious because Maces Saber style is known to flirt with the darkside...kind of how luke beats vader

but then anakin backstabs him haha

Dooku is the Best with the Saber, and the only jedi to best him, when they were still jedi, were Mace and Yoda, it says that on StarWars.com...

Dooku beat down obi wan and anakin....easily

Maul was killed by obi wan when he was just an apprentice!!!!!!!

Maul was weak....

Greivous would seem the best, but he doesnt know Mace Windus side....

personally I think Windu is probably the best duelist, also I think he is able to best sidious...who Im not sure is better than dooku or not yet....but I think Mace bests sidious because Maces Saber style is known to flirt with the darkside...kind of how luke beats vader

but then anakin backstabs him haha

Do you not realize that Maul was toying with Obi Wan he couldve easily killed him. Qui Gon was much stronger than obi wan anyways.

whatever Noobcakes  :rolleyes:  I play baseball

You post here, too. It doesn't mean you do it well. :))

Do you not realize that Maul was toying with Obi Wan he couldve easily killed him. Qui Gon was much stronger than obi wan anyways.

If he was toying with a padawan and then got owned, he wasn't only weak with the saber, he was stupid as well.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

whatever Noobcakes  :rolleyes:  I play baseball

You post here, too. It doesn't mean you do it well. :))

If he was toying with a padawan and then got owned, he wasn't only weak with the saber, he was stupid as well.

he was strong with a lightsaber but dumb as a bundle of sticks or a failure of good old lucas.

Anakin.

Yoda:

gets owned by Palpy in the Senate chambers

Mace:

gets owned by Anakin in Palpatine's office

Palpatine:

gets owned by Mace in his office

Although Dooku's fight choreography is the best. The way he fences, you'd think he's a character straight out of The Three Musketeers :cool:

You are all wrong. Obi-wan was. Why you ask. Watch EP III when it come sout. Obi-wan beats both Anakin AND Grevious, not to mention killed Maul in EP I. I woudl also like to tell you that GL agrees with me. Obi is the best LS duelist and the luckiest Jedi of all time.