Is the Force strong enough?

The reason I ask is, in the first KOTOR, Darth Malak's saving throws were overpowered. Unless you started out with -8 in everything but Wisdom and Charisma, you couldn't get a Force Kill or anything to work on him (and by the way, I am speaking of being a Consular)... seems to me that Guardians were favored in the first game, even though I was able to tear apart everything else in the game with ease using Force Storm...

Anyway, I am playing a Consular in KOTOR II now, and I am thinking, perhaps this was a mistake? Maybe I should have focused on lightsaber combat. Did any Consular/Jedi Master/Sith Lords here have trouble finishing the game? Or should I become a Jedi Weapon Master at level 15? I hear Consular/Jedi Weapon Masters are a powerful combination. Can someone tell me what the advantages/disadvantages are? Thanks.

Counselor :wub: = Hardest

Sentinel :lol: = Medium

Guardian :huh: = Easiest

There Ya Go

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Thats the games recommendation but IMO its easy no matter the class.

If you are consular just keep pumping points into wisdom when you get the chance - equip yourself with wisodm boosting items and make sure you take master valour and master battle meditation to boost your stats.

You should be a pretty powerful force user - unless you accidentally gimped your build.

take storm and/or wave and during combat repeat as necessary. No malak level baddies this time round cept possibly the last one

No just really annoying ones like "sleeps with vibro-blades"

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

Fourth play through for me and I'm a Gaurdian/Master I have some of the best Lightsaber Forms and some of the best Force Forms making me YODA'S TWIN! :huh:

You can definitely beat the game as a consular, no problem. Nothing like Malak, and the game's really easy anyways.

Especially if your DS. Then you get force crush at the end, and as a consular especially (but even as anything else) you can kill everything just with that power.

Yeah but I like the different combinations of techniques you can get with a level 15 Guardian and a level 5 Jedi Master the DS storyline is a little bit to Stupid For Me

The difference between the Force capabilities of a Consular-type character and any other class is that only Consular-types have enough Force DC against bosses, and this little bit extra comes from class-specific feats and Force forms. WIS/CHA alone won't cut it, least of all the negligible differences from natural attributes. Against non-bosses even a Guardian/Weapon Master has more than enough Force DC and enough Force points to spam powers of the wrong alignment (e.g. Force Storm for LS). :D

Oh, and there is of course the bug whereby only Consular-type characters can nudge the alignment of their padawans that last tiny bit towards LS mastery. I think you need one of the Consular-type prestige classes for this (Jedi Master, Sith Lord). <_<

Charisma is nice but the people that you use it against usually don't last long enough to put to much of a drain on you're force points and using your Lightsaber is a much better choice against bosses anyway even a Counselor with the standard attack can beat the bosses in this game <_<

It's really easy to use Force Confusion at the hordes in the End Game area, if you have an excellent Stealth skill... Then just use your most powerful Force Attack (for DS) and the last survivor in every room goes down easy. There's an art to it, though...

I recommend (for DS) a Sentinel/Lord combo, because then you can look for a weakness in stealth mode, and then fry them all in one or two Lightnings and stealth again before the other room knows what's going on... If you want me to teach you the 'art' of letting the Sith Code do its work, let me know. :lol: :ph34r: :thumbsup:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I actually found Consular/Master REALLY easy. There's so much stuff around, with a starting wis/cha of 16/16, with my equipment and without force powers, I had wisdom 43 charisma 18(that was my first run, so I think I could get it even higher if I had a 2nd shot at it). I actually think it hurt my experience, but I managed to beat the ENTIRE final levels using only force wave. There were a total of 4 enemies I didn't get every time, and even those I could hold off often enough not to take dmg. It was ridiculous.

Oh, and force points was not even a concern.

I actually found Consular/Master REALLY easy.  There's so much stuff around, with a starting wis/cha of 16/16, with my equipment and without force powers, I had wisdom 43 charisma 18(that was my first run, so I think I could get it even higher if I had a 2nd shot at it).  I actually think it hurt my experience, but I managed to beat the ENTIRE final levels using only force wave.  There were a total of 4 enemies I didn't get every time, and even those I could hold off often enough not to take dmg.  It was ridiculous.

Oh, and force points was not even a concern.

I agree. For one thing I could spam force heal to keep my group mates alive and never lose mana from about mid game on. I also could force push everything while my group mates walked in and finished them while they were stuned. Your charisma also adds to everyones combat modifiers so they will have a better to hit chance.