Influence for HK-47

Well, I am a lightsider, else this wouldn't be a problem.

Now, I want the information that HK might have about Revan etc., but I don't want to disturb my roleplaying by murdering people. Any idea on how to do this? On some characters, doing the opposite of what they want have a desired effect. But will this lead to them turning against me at some point? Are there "reversed influence" options for HK?

Turn to the darkside :rolleyes:

I can empathize with you. I'm a lightsider as well, and i've had problems with HK. The only way I could get influence was to use the save game editor. BUT, I just recently tried playing as darkside for the first time in this game, and it's fun :D I was gaining influence with HK like there was no tomorrow.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Bah, if I remember correctly, he didn't have that much to say anyway.

"OH Master! I can't trust you! I won't trust you or anyone..EVER again! Oh master..I love you but I hate all you stand for. But I think we should press our slimy mucus covered lips together in the cargo hold!"

I laughed at that for hours. :p I think HK was jealous of the attention Bastila got from Revan.

replay value aside, its pretty annoying having to do DS style choices when they are really cliched pantomine villain style choices half the time, especially if only to talk to HK

it would have been a good idea to find some way so that LS characters could still get the info off HK somehow, like applying repair skills to HK to force him to tell you etc, something along those lines

replay value aside, its pretty annoying having to do DS style choices when they are really cliched pantomine villain style choices half the time, especially if only to talk to HK

it would have been a good idea to find some way so that LS characters could still get the info off HK somehow, like applying repair skills to HK to force him to tell you etc, something along those lines

..or it would have been great if there was a way to lose influence with HK as a LS player. This works great as a DS player with T3, just tell him at every occasion that he is headed for the junkyard, and once you have lost enough influence, you pass the influence checks and can upgrade him.

I hate to resurrect a much-belaboured point, but the reality is, as frustrating as it is (and this is one of the reasons I don't particularly favour SW as an RP universe) to make behaviour characteristic of the Dark Side something other than behaviour of the cliche villain type would be to diverge from the Star Wars canon. Star Wars DS villains make cliche evil choices, because they're cliche evil villains, because the Star Wars universe is a cliche Good vs. Evil fantasy universe (both its great strength and its great weakness), and the Force is the deus ex machina plot device that insures good is really, really good and evil is really, really evil. One could of course ignore the nature of the Dark Side completely and just make up the KotOR version of the Dark Side which has nothing to do with Star Wars canon, but I don't think that's a preferable option, myself.

Well, I am a lightsider, else this wouldn't be a problem.

Now, I want the information that HK might have about Revan etc., but I don't want to disturb my roleplaying by murdering people. Any idea on how to do this? On some characters, doing the opposite of what they want have a desired effect. But will this lead to them turning against me at some point? Are there "reversed influence" options for HK?

Yes, I know what you mean. I was a lightsider too and had a good deal of trouble with him. Even after "cheating" by reading the Influence guide, I had to take so many dark side points to gain full influence with HK-47 that I was never able to regain my Light Side Mastery status.

If I replay the game, I'll make a note of going to Dantooine from Telos, but only completing the Jedi Enclave bit before immediately heading on to Nar Shaada, so I can get HK-47 in the group as soon as possible. IIRC there are few not so LS-devastating influence gains for him on Dantooine, and I'm betting that taking them so soon will mean that you can regain your Light Side Mastery again before the game ends (and I seem to recall someone mentioning that he gains influence if you show pity on the thieving rodian on Dantooine even though his comments suggests otherwise). Haven't tried it, though...