Within the unknown regions...........

What do you think the "True Sith" are?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the "True Sith" are?

• Dormant remnants of Exar Kun's cult
    • Krath insurgents
    • Yet another group of punks with red lightsabers
    • Gizka Overminds (led by the Dark Lord "Vao")
    • Trask Ulgo's church
    • Some weird-ass aliens never shown before
    • Just another lie propagated by Darth Traya
    • The Carth Onasi Fan Club
    • A legion of force sensitive Tachs hellbent on conquest
    • Trekkies

Exar Kun was a powerful figure in history, mentioned a number of times. Thematically, an extension of his continuing influence would fit nicely. I would expect some aliens out there, as there are in the known galaxy; maybe some real nasty ones like the Illithids. But not as the 'true Sith'.

Remember also that Kreia hinted that Revan himself may have been born in the unknown regions.

The last ones I want to see are Pearl and Brain Guy.

why is the unknown regions STILL unknown? think about it, 4 thousand years AFTER kotor it is STILL unknown

Republic = organized exploration

Organized exploration = $

Maybe it's more of a concept than a specific place. I imagine Malachor and Korriban were unknown at one time. There will always be unknown regions; no matter how far out you push, there's always something beyond.

I could make some joke about kicking Topaz Quasar in the unknown region for starting another poll.......but I won't

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Your headless corpse Topaz, After i get done torturing you for making yet another stupid poll. "Grins like a maniac" But seriously it could be remains of Exar Kuns Cult, Were there any accurate numbers on how many followers he had? if so were they all accounted for? Or hell it could be the Krath. Or GIZKA coming to conquer the galaxy and kill all our Swoop Jockies. Gizka hate swoops yesh. /insane babbling over.

Did you steal my Mission Vao theme? That's copywrited! (Jk, for now! Just wait for the patents on that one, buddy! :rolleyes: )

What's up with all the polls? None of the options are actually serious, either! :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

If you

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

why is the unknown regions STILL unknown? think about it, 4 thousand years AFTER kotor it is STILL unknown

Charting new hyperspace routes is extremely hazordous. Seems to me that anyone foolish enough to try it ain't going to live very long.

"Without precise coordinates, we'd bounce too close to a supernova, or fly through a star, and that would end your trip real quick." - Han Solo

Without Hyperspace, it would take a lifetime to travel from one star system to another. The only way to chart new hyperspace routes would be to put together generational ships that travel at low speeds. The people leaving would know they'd die before returning to known space, and their decendents would have to complete the missions. That would be the only practicle way to explore, or so it would seem.

Apparently there's not many people in the star wars universe that want to give up their lives to such endevours as exploring "unkown regions".

In Kotor I, Tatooine was newly 'rediscovered', which shows that the outer regions are very expansive. Think about it... I know the whole Hyperspace isn't very logical, but this should be: It's a Galaxy! Millions of worlds! Not to mention that real space isn't exactly 2D... There's a TON of places to explore, and if you go in without knowing where you may end up, things could get VERY nasty.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

i often think KOTOR 2 raised more questions then it answered that why people don't liek it as much, its the alley without the oop. Plus it takes 2 years for oop to arrive.

BUt yeah definately some good stuff insotre for K3 Revan is sure to return, but i wouldnt feel any sesen of loss if teh exile realized he did not want to brign aobut the death of teh force and return to exile leaving his party as the New Jedi Council/Sith Lords.

Charting new hyperspace routes is extremely hazordous.  Seems to me that anyone foolish enough to try it ain't going to live very long. 

"Without precise coordinates, we'd bounce too close to a supernova, or fly through a star, and that would end your trip real quick."  - Han Solo

(..)

Apparently there's not many people in the star wars universe that want to give up their lives to such endevours as exploring "unkown regions".

Well, all you really need is a bunch of ships each with a droid... ships don't even have to be big, don't X-wings have hyperjump ability? So ou just program droids to make random jumps, the ones who live through the experience jump back home and tell the tale what coordinates worked for them :p"

Why aren't any of the possible options "Remnants of Ludo Kressh's fleet that he ingeniously left behind to fool all of the Galaxy into thinking that what they saw was all they got, when in all actuality Revan made a deal w/ them: Help him kill the Mandalorians, and M5 gets reactivated or something equally devious, like selling them the Republic." ?

Geekified Star Wars Geek