Favorite Star Wars Series

I was looking through my extensive collection of star wars books the other day, and started thinking back to all the different series. For exampe the Jedi Academy Trilogy, The Thrawn Trilogy, Rogue Squadron... I have to admit, Rogue Squadron was probably one of my favorites. Dang, I used to want to be an X-wing pilot so bad. I think the Wraith Squadron sub-series was my all time fav. Just curious what you guys think.

Young Jedi Knights is great and introduces interesting characters.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Young Jedi Knights? Do you read that inbetween Babysitters Club books?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Young Jedi Knights is great and introduces interesting characters.

This suddenly explains why TotJ ranks so high with you... ;)

As for me, the Thrawn Trilogy. Not necessarily my favorite, but the one that got me interested again in Star Wars.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I like the Star Wars Infinities series of comics.

They deal with 'what if' type situations, like what would have happened if the proton torpedoes Luke fired didn't detonate? It unfolds from there. I think there's one for each movie though I've only read the first one.

And that's why you're still a fan. Next parts sucks heavily.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Travis made a masterpiece!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Travis made a masterpiece!

Well its good to see the word masterpiece thrown around lightly.

If I had to choose one, I'd have to agree with GoA and say the Zahn Trilogy. I still sort of like the part where Luke totally kicks ass without his force powers

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Thrawn trilogy easily. It introduced one of my favorite SW characters...Mara Jade. I mean what can I say about her. :lol: Plus Thrawn was such a great character to read as well. A thinking villian, no "powers" just his mind...similar to one of the best villians in recent years, Scorpius(Farscape). Every move calculated, every enemy and outcome thought out, well save one for Thrawn(damn that Noghri). On top of them it had some great battles on land and in space.

I Enjoyed the following series

The Thrawn Trilogy

The Force Heretic books from the series NEw Jedi Order

And

The Jedi Academy Trilogy

Favorite Comics are as follows:

Crimson Empire

All the Comics that took place 3,500 years before ANH

AND YES, Knights of the Old Republic is a comic book as well, I lost those a long time ago and am looking for them again.

It is hard to find old Dark Horse comic snow, so I doubt I will ever find my missing comics again.

I've only read Vision of the Future and Spectre of the Past (Hand of Thrawn books), so I guess I'll have to say those. Well, I also read one of the Young Jedi Knight books, but it sucked so badly so I don't count it.

I really like Republic era. since it has some of my favourite star wars characters: Ayla Secura , Quin lan Voz and Master Tholme are great.

I also enjoy some of the Comics from the Old Republic Era : Jedi vs Sith is very good i think.

But thats just me . I allways liked starwars but i just started to get to know more stuff about the expanded universe recently.

I seem to be the only one on this forum who actually liked the NJO series. I wasn't necessarily a fan of the Yuuzhan Vong, but I enjoyed the series because it gave some of the spotlight to the newer characters, not just the "big three" of Luke, Han and Leia, and because, antagonist aside, most of the novels actually had interesting stories and were well written (albeit in comparison to junk like the Callista trilogy and the Crystal Star).

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Actually NJO continued worshipping the main three heroes while killing Anakin Solo

and several other interesting guys (Wurth Skidder). I'd appreciate this series only if: A) Han, Leia, Mara die leaving Luke and kids within the Order B) Coruscant survives vong occupation without strange distortions like moon moving C) vong are little more starwars like, cause although interesting, they seem completely inappropriate.

In my opinion post-Endor EU should end with Hand of Thrawn Duology - Zahn provided really fine ending with NR/Empire peace treaty. But no, human greed triumphed.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Actually NJO continued worshipping the main three heroes while killing Anakin Solo

and several other interesting guys (Wurth Skidder).

No it didn't. Yes, they killed off Anakin Solo, but the main three weren't the focal point of the story. It became Jacen Solo and Jaina Solo's story. Whether people liked that idea or not doesn't really matter. But those two, along with characters like Tahiri, Coran Horn, Kyp Durron, etc. all played very prominent roles. Something they didn't do on a regular basis up until the NJO.

But in upcoming crappy Denning trilogy 70 years old Han will be main hero - he's even on the cover.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

But in upcoming crappy Denning trilogy 70 years old Han will be main hero - he's even on the cover.

Again, no he's not. He may or may not be on the cover (I haven't seen it so I'll take your word for that), but the story itself isn't about Han. Both the old generation and new generation get equal ink time.

edit: or rather, it's not SOLELY about Han. I'm sure he has a major part, but so do the new generation such as Jaina and Jacen Solo, Jag Fel, etc.

In my opinion post-Endor EU should end with Hand of Thrawn Duology - Zahn provided really fine ending with NR/Empire peace treaty. But no, human greed triumphed.

You are absolutely right. I hate the Yuuzhang Vong. The Courtship of Princess Leia and The Truce at Bakura were decent.

You are absolutely right. I hate the Yuuzhang Vong. The Courtship of Princess Leia and The Truce at Bakura were decent.

Which is why I was kind of hoping they'd eliminate the main characters altogether. That way they could continue the SW universe, but could do so without ruining the image of the characters we followed from the movies.