What games are you playing right now?

Azure79

I'm just curious as to what my fellow posters are playing right now.

I'm playing Beyond Good and Evil for the PC. It's a action/adventure/stealth hybrid game. Its remarkably fun and mixes the elements of the three genres pretty well. Not to mention it has a cool space battle, dog fight sequence and hovercraft races!

I'm also playing Metal Gear Solid 2 for PC. I guess I don't need to tell anyone about what type of game it is. I had heard the controls were horrible for the PC and they are, and I think I'll need a PS2 controller and adaptor for the PC to play smoothly. But I'll hold out unless I can't stand it anymore. I may get used to it.

That's it for me.

I'll probably get my hands on Rome Total War next. That or Lego Star Wars. heh. Maybe both.

Good idea for a thread.

Right now I'm playing Thief 2. It's a first person stealth game, in which objective is to still varius amounts of loot and usually be a general nuisance to your arch-enemies. Sabotage rocks. The fun part of the Thief series is that they have a thriving fan community and a crapload of fan mission/mods released ever since the editors came out. We're talking about 5 years here. And about 600 missions, who sometimes even outgun the originals. Anyway, The main reason for playing Thief 2 right now, is that I was chosen to test a beta version of a certain long-awaited fan mission campaign. We(the test team) have our own forums. Feels damn great, considering that only 11 got to the first test phase.

The second game I'm playing is Clive Barker's Undying, a FPS from the year 2001, were you control a paranormal researcher and adventurer. The quest is to help his old war buddy from the first WW, whose family were once cursed by a strange enchantment. So, our hero travels of to the Covenant family mansion to help his old friend. And to fend armies of different kinds of enemies, when the sh!t hits the fan. Basically, it was his friend's, Jeremiah Covenant's, fault that the curse was unleashed, and the long-dead brothers and sisters aren't too happy about that. Add a big handful of lovecraftian influences, boil it in celtic atmosphere and allow the player to use one fo the most asskicking weapons in the history of PC gaming, and you have Undying.

I've also started playing Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, one of the best games I've ever bought, but I'm stuck in the last Japan mission. On the other hand, I've managed to spoil myself of some of the game's plot already, so I don't know if playing is worth the effort anymore. Fun game, one of the more intelligent ones out there.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Never played the Thief series though I heard good things about it. I probably play all three games one of these days.

Undying sounds scary too. I heard it was a fps horror game but I try to stay away from the scary stuff since I'm a sissy. Ever since I watched the original Japanese version of 'The Grudge', everything seems to freak me out more than it used to. Don't watch this movie alone and in the dark.

Hitman 2 I've played. I have it in my library of games. The last Japanese mission is where you have to actually work your way through the castle and assassinate the guy right? Took me a lot of tries to get everything perfect, though there are multiple ways of offing the old guy. Great game.

Erhh... (thinking)

It's mostly work and very little gaming these days :)

When I do have a bit of time, it's mostly the "two's". A game in progress of BG2, Kotor2, Jagged Alliance 2 and just recently finished Master of Orion 2 for the umpteenth time :rolleyes:"

Before the current games in progress, it was Disciples 2, Fallout 2 and Pirates! (just to ruin the "two" system of my gaming) :p

Once I finish my game of BG2, I might go back and try a new party in IWD2.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Right now I'm reviewing Psychotoxic, Restricted Area, Star Wolves, Timesplitters: Future Perfect and Cold Fear. For fun I'm playing World of Warcraft and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords, although I don't have much time to play those two much right now.

In the near future, I foresee myself playing a huge amount of Dungeon Lords..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Free? Goddanmit, life! Give me more time!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Unofortunalty I don't have time to play any kind of games these days! :huh:

Even though I borrowed a friend of mines copy of Vampire Bloodlines because I wanted to try it before I bought it! but alas I haven't even installed it yet ..

Fortune favors the bald.

X-2: The Threat.

A bizarre choice, but I saw it in the shop and thought "Ooh, this looks like Elite ", which was the first game I ever played on a PC. I'm still near the beginning, but so far, so really good. I'm thinking of ditching the main story line and wandering off to explore for a bit.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

First off, a tip to Azure: don't get Thief 3. It's okay, but it was waaay too easy, at least compared to Theif II. I finished it on expert level the first time through without any problems. I still haven't beaten Thief II, on any level. Also, even though the "world" in Thief 3 was more "open," it felt more linear than Thief 2.

As for games I'm playing, I have a game of KotOR II that I haven't touched for about a month, but maybe I'll get back to it, if I can be bothered. Other than that, nothing.

First off, a tip to Azure: don't get Thief 3.  It's okay, but it was waaay too easy, at least compared to Theif II.  I finished it on expert level the first time through without any problems.  I still haven't beaten Thief II, on any level.  Also, even though the "world" in Thief 3 was more "open," it felt more linear than Thief 2.

I agree that the world feels a bit claustrophobic and dreadfully easy, but it's good to get if not for anything else than the story. Personally I loved the levels, but could never really get the hang of the game. No matter, community is getting more and more mission builders now that the editor has been released. I doubt anyone is going to be dissappointed playing that game. :ph34r:

kirottu said:

I still turn on Kotor2, but mostly for screenshot taking or other tinkering purposes.

Occasionally fire up DungeonKeeper1's DeeperDungeons, because it's always installed and makes for an easy time-blow off w/out long-term commitment.

I was considering trying The Saga of Ryzom (MMORPG) since I wasted $20 on it on a whim 2 months ago and it's since been sitting on the shelf unopened. But I hear it's not doing well community-wise (numbers) and they recently closed the US server so...not sure I want to try it now. It sounded interesting tho (despite reviews....), especially once they started patching stuff.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Free?! Sweet!  (w00t)

Free? Goddanmit, life! Give me more time!

If you like more info on it, try this link

(I don't know if im allowed to advertise this here tho, so any mod feel free to remove it/tell me to remove it if it's not allowed :) )

Because it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.