Help with KOTOR1

Hi! Weird question perhaps, but here goes...

I'm on Korriban (this is my 2nd planet after Dantooine) and I have just come up against Malak's apprentice (after trying hard to figure out how far to take the whole 'fake sith' thing...).

It's ridiculous! I have absolutely no chance of beating him, and I have tried at least 2 or 3 different party combinations, and regardless I just cannot beat him, and whenever I come even remotely close, he pulls out a ridiculously strong force whirlwind or lightning and I get killed basically in one go...

Any suggestions? or should I just forget all i'd done here, load a saved game and go to Yavin or Kshyykk (or whatever) instead?

Cheers,

- Dan

You Crazy Person! (no offence) THe safest way to win the day is to go like this is what I say

Yavin Once

Kashyyk

Tatoine

Yavin again to continue sidequest for special saber Crystal

Mannan

Bye Bye Bastila

Korriban

Yavin finally get special Lightsaber Crystals

Unkown planet (not relly a choice)

And there ya go

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

No Prob Bob ;) I finished Kotor I in three days but I would have finished it sonner If I had Help but back then I didn't know how to use the Forum :">

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

haha, well im not quite that extreme... it took me 48 hours to finish KOTOR2, and I managed to spread that out over 1-2 weeks... good entertainment ;)

This however, has still got me stumped... I went to Kashyyk, but sure enough, I meet with Darth Bondan there as well, which leads me to beleive there is measures in the game to balance out the difficulty, regardless of what order you visit the plantets... needless to say I am still helpless against him, even with Bastila fighting too.

I just can't help but think I have missed soemthing that would even the odds a bit... im a level 7 jedi consular, if that helps.

I do my best to structure the battle, and I have energy shields on everyone, but usually either they focus on me and kill me in a second or two flat... or it gets drawn out a bit and I spend most of my time frantically trying to use force heal/medpacs, which of course is only delaying the inevitable ;)

Ahhh! Up until now, in both this and KOTOR2 I would always encounter tough spots, but with a bit of perseverance I would eventually get it... but I have been through this countless times and im all out of ideas!

- Dan

If you play the game so that you meet Darth Whatshisname on Manaan, if you're lucky you'll only have to fight him and one of his groupies. Whenever I meet him on Manaan, the other one stands still. Makes the fight that bit easier.

Of course, I have no idea if I'm the only one who gets this bug...

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Hi!  Weird question perhaps, but here goes...

I'm on Korriban (this is my 2nd planet after Dantooine) and I have just come up against Malak's apprentice (after trying hard to figure out how far to take the whole 'fake sith' thing...).

It's ridiculous!  I have absolutely no chance of beating him, and I have tried at least 2 or 3 different party combinations, and regardless I just cannot beat him, and whenever I come even remotely close, he pulls out a ridiculously strong force whirlwind or lightning and I get killed basically in one go...

Any suggestions? or should I just forget all i'd done here, load a saved game and go to Yavin or Kshyykk (or whatever) instead?

Cheers,

- Dan

If I remember right, the planet you're on isn't the triggering factor. It's having fulfilled certain game requirements; I know of one encounter in particular that happens no matter where you go. That one I remember because I had to step through it turn by turn just to stay alive (it wasn't Bandon, tho). Yikes. I think my Sentinel's party focused on Darth Bandon and ignored his pals until he went down. They can hurt you, but he will KILL you. Your consular will have to rely more on Force Powers. Wave works nicely in this game, and so does Stasis. I don't think Stasis works so well on Bandon, but his buddies aren't immune.

I know where you're coming from with regard to the cheats. I just don't like using them, and I won't unless I'm mired so deep I'm about to quit for good. Usually there's some trick to beating the battle, it's just a matter of finding it.

OH YEAH!

Finally beat that fool... I'm not sure what did it.. but he went down, along with his filthy friends! muahah!

One thing though... possibly due to the way I handled the Sith Enclave situation.. but it appears I am banned from Manaan... and yet I got given a message on Tatooine telling me to meet some guy there? I also wanted to go back anyway to conclude the mission for the guy who wants to know why the republic was hiring mercs, but I never got the chance... is this a bug? or is it normal... (no spoilers on this please :))

Cheers,

- Dan

OH YEAH!

Finally beat that fool...  I'm not sure what did it.. but he went down, along with his filthy friends! muahah!

One thing though... possibly due to the way I handled the Sith Enclave situation.. but it appears I am banned from Manaan... and yet I got given a message on Tatooine telling me to meet some guy there?  I also wanted to go back anyway to conclude the mission for the guy who wants to know why the republic was hiring mercs, but I never got the chance... is this a bug? or is it normal... (no spoilers on this please :rolleyes:)

Cheers,

- Dan

You should know this by now. Hmmm. Go back and speak to the Republic commander on Manaan. I hope the option to ask why mercs are being hired is still there.

If you play the game so that you meet Darth Whatshisname on Manaan, if you're lucky you'll only have to fight him and one of his groupies.  Whenever I meet him on Manaan, the other one stands still.  Makes the fight that bit easier.

Of course, I have no idea if I'm the only one who gets this bug...

No, happens to me as well.

Did you destroy the macheniry or ruin the water/kolto (take that you damn fish!!!)? If you ruined the water then you get kicked off. If you destroyed the macheniry then you must have been a @ss to the Selkath councle. I've never ruined the water and been able to stay on the planet so no hope there to my knowledge.

I destroyed the machinery ;)

but now that you mention it... I don't think my second encounter with the selkath judges went all that well... :)

lol

So what now... I just miss out on a whole peice of the game? I can't get back into Manaan...

Maaannn I hope I dont have to go back to there... I did Manaan first!

- Dan

I destroyed the machinery :)

but now that you mention it... I don't think my second encounter with the selkath judges went all that well... :)

lol

Well that explains that. Damn fish! ;)

So what now... I just miss out on a whole peice of the game?  I can't get back into Manaan...

Maaannn I hope I dont have to go back to there... I did Manaan first!

- Dan

No, the meeting of the person on Manaan is cool but not important. Plus

if you're lightside don't meet him, you get lots of darkside points for helping him

I destroyed the machinery :thumbsup:

but now that you mention it... I don't think my second encounter with the selkath judges went all that well... ;)

lol

So ... who cares about the environment anyway? Sel'FISH'?! Just kidding, really. An inveterate lightsider. And I liked the swoops in K1, especially on Manaan. At least their races aren't 'fixed'. Gotta love that game.

Hi!  Weird question perhaps, but here goes...

It's ridiculous!  I have absolutely no chance of beating him, and I have tried at least 2 or 3 different party combinations, and regardless I just cannot beat him, and whenever I come even remotely close, he pulls out a ridiculously strong force whirlwind or lightning and I get killed basically in one go...

Cheers,

- Dan

I've only ever played the Xbox version so I don't know if the PC version is different or not but, how is it you're encountering Darth Bandon on Korriban if that's the second planet you go to? IIRC, you only encountered Bandon after the fourth planet you visited. If Korriban is the second planet, I thought you should encounter Calo Nord first.

But then again I've never gone to Korriban second so maybe you do face Bandon first if that's the second planet you go to.

I dunno.

You encounter Darth Bandon after acquiring two Star Maps in addition to the one from Dantooine. He'll be on the third planet, the next one your character visits, regardless of the order in which you do them. On Manaan he'll ambush your party after you've acquired the Star Map and returned to the harvesting facility, on Kashyyyk when your party is lowered into the shadowlands for the first time, on Korriban the first time your party enters the valley of the Sith Lords and on Tatooine after your character snags the Star Map. These are all the same places where Calo Nord will spawn BTW.