Will BG3 be at E3?

"Mystra entrusted her powers to the young mortal, Midnight." -NWN book, and Wikipedia.com

She did get killed by Helm trying to get back to whatever the God's Realm is called in Forgotten Realms, because without her, Magic was going crazy.

Did you know that Shar created a parady of Mystra's magic-web thingy? I may have that used in my module/fanfiction...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Did you know that Shar created a parady of Mystra's magic-web thingy? I may have that used in my module/fanfiction...

The Shadow weave is not a "parody" of the weave, nor is the weave "Mystra's magic-web thingy"

Mystra is the Guardian/Caretaker of the Weave, not it's source or creator.

The Shadow Weave was created at the same time as the Weave was, Shar just Hid it, as she is the goddess of Secrets. It just took her few millenia to take control of it.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

The Shadow weave is not a "parody" of the weave, nor is the weave "Mystra's magic-web thingy"

The Shadow Weave was created at the same time as the Weave was, Shar just Hid it, as she is the goddess of Secrets. It just took her few millenia to take control of it.

It had some pretty "interesting" side effects, too. :(

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Gah. No wodner we actually argue so much. You actually *like* Minsc. Gah.

I often felt like I shouldn't be designing games for the BG audience because I loathed the NPCs in BG/BG2/TotSC so much.

I could never stand the BG NPCs, I just used the multiplayer workaround to create my own party. No matter how I tried I could not get into them, same with NWN. KOTOR1 on the other hand had great NPCs.

Oh come on here are some Minsc Quotes:

Minsc: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, watch it! I'm huge!

Minsc: There is safety in numbers. And I'm two or three at least.

Minsc: You should have given a sword, give a man a fish and he feeds himself for a day, give a man a sword and he can chow down on the ,eaty marrow of evil!

Minsc: I would hate being forgotten in a bottle. It might depend somewhat on the type of bottle, but overall I expect the effect would be similar.

Minsc: This is silly! Buttons are not how one escapes dungeons! I would smash the button and rain beatings liberally down on the wizard for playing such a trick

Minsc: I have lost myself in your words but Boo thinks you're just ducky.

Minsc: What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.

:(:p:lol:

It had some pretty "interesting" side effects, too. ;)

I don't believe that I said Mystra created it... I just got confused on Shar and the Shadow Weave.

It's Mystra's weave because she watches and 'controls' it.

What were the 'interesting' side effects? :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

It had some pretty "interesting" side effects, too. :p

I don't believe that I said Mystra created it... I just got confused on Shar and the Shadow Weave.

It's Mystra's weave because she watches and 'controls' it.

What were the 'interesting' side effects? :ph34r:

The side effect is you get turned into a Shade, a twisted reflection of your own self if you use the Shadow Weave over the 'Regular'. At first you'll lose connection to Mystra's Weave and feel more in tune with the Shadow Weave. Once you start down the dark path. Forever will it dominate your destiny. *cough* :-"

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

What are the 'benefits' of becoming a Shade? Are you like a Shadow or another such creature in NWN? Maybe Shar could have a few elite Shades... hmmm...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

None, really. You become a mindless pawn of Evil for all time. If that is appealing to you, be my guest. :ermm:

Mm... sort of like a Shadow from NWN, only far more wicked.

YES! I was looking for an uber slave for Shar in my module... Maybe I'll have the Tiefling (who's mutated, I just didn't know why yet... She just looked cooler the way I made her) be a starting Shade... And then, when you serve Shar (after you beat the main story), when you can choose your reward, you can choose Immortality, Gold, or you can become a Demi-God, and have Elustria as your personaly servant (she's a romance option, too, sorta)...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Sounds like fun... for those still playing NWN. I kinda gave up on that game. Too many trolls, lamers and newbies online. Also, after playing through the story umpteenth times it gets a bit dreary. :ermm:

I don't do online play...

I just got the first expansion, and I'm going to play its story once, then I'll continue down the Forgotten Realms game list until I hit PS:T (not FR, but I heard it's good anyway).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Ps:T beats every RPG out on the market, imho. It has a certain atmosphere few games have been able to re-create. I think I'll go and dig up the CD's once more and go through it again. Just for old times sake :thumbsup:

I could never stand the BG NPCs, I just used the multiplayer workaround to create my own party. No matter how I tried I could not get into them, same with NWN. KOTOR1 on the other hand had great NPCs.

I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Edwin and Korgan are the two only NPC's I find funny and interesting in BG2. In ToB I bring along Sarevok mostly because he's such a kickass fighter and his stats are divine. :ermm:

"My name is Edwin Odesseiron but you simians may simply refer to me as sir, if you prefer a less syllable intensive workout."

or

"Ye-e-es master, what should I fetch now?"

and the classic:

"Edwin do this, Edwin do that. Someone give this monkey a banana!"

I loved Edwin, but I always had a soft spot for certain, rather bitchy, druid.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds