Will BG3 be at E3?

"Explaining why would involve flaming other game companies, so I'll refrain."

Criticizing game companies doesn't automatically = flmaing. Afterall, you've been able to criticize Bioware's BG and NWN fairly without having to bash quit efan. Afterall, you stated your dissapointment in BG's rules implementation both honestly and fairly. Nothing wrong with that.

You state your opinion... unless you ar elegally prohibitted. Of cours,e I cna't make you post anything more so meh.. this is a waste. LOL

Join up with Obsdiian when you next are avaialble. You will do them good and they will do you good. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm thinking that the odds are good we will learn more about BG3 at E3. The more difficult question I think is who is making it. What's truly surprising is how well this secret has been kept after so long of a period.

As a Jefferson fan, I also wonder if there is any possibility that BG3 might incorporate some of the ideas from the Black Hound. I was very intrigued by the personality traits concept that JE described during his time at BlackIsle. Well, I guess time will tell what BG3 will bring us.

I fear that doing BG3 will be somthing of "keep mining on and dead mine", surely it will sell still, due to BG's scuess and influence, but I felt that BG2 and its expansion has closed the whole Child of Bhaal chapter, guess we have to see what happens.

What's truly surprising is how well this secret has been kept after so long of a period.

Well everyone has his or her own speculation, but mine is because it is not being worked on. Atari wants to do BG3, but I have a feeling they still don

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Off topic question: What's the basic overview of BG's story? Go ahead and give me spoilers, or I'll have to do a tedious websearch and find out more than I want to know about the game.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Off topic question: What's the basic overview of BG's story? Go ahead and give me spoilers, or I'll have to do a tedious websearch and find out more than I want to know about the game.

...yer the son/daughter o' the dead God Bhaal, former Lord of Murder...ye ain't an only child...more's the pity... :blink:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

SPOILERS AHOY:

Baldur's Gate:

Your character is an orphan of mysterious provenance brought up by a man called Gorion. You live in a large castle-library complex called Candlekeep. One day Gorion tells you that you have to go on a journey, but won't tell you why. As you leave a large armoured man and his evil minions ambush you and murder Gorion. You are on your own, until your perky co-orphan and surrogate sister Imoen shows up. I usually take the opportunity to bury a melee weapon in her head at this point, but that's not important right now.

Anyway, you are instructed to meet some friends of Gorion at an inn whereby you discover that all the local iron supplies are de-grading for some mysterious reason; the answer lies in the Nashkel Mines off to the south. After much wandering around the blissfully unbalanced wilderness areas you make it there and discover a conspiracy involving a trading coster from Baldur's Gate called The Iron Throne.

Eventually, and after many adventures, you discover that the Iron Throne wants to de-stabilize the region to start a war (no doubt a parable about US oil hegemony in the Middle East). Why? Well, the war will enable your evil half-brother Sarevok (boss of The Iron Throne) to ascend as a scion of Bhaal, Lord of Murder!!! Mwuhahahahhaaa!!! And, yes, you too are one of his mortal progeny, destined to a similar fate?

So you hand Sarevok his ass in an epic battle and win. Huzzah! The expansion pack Tales of the Sword Coast rather bafflingly ignores this and makes you do it all over again, but on the plus side it does add Durlag's Tower to the map, being a superlative Dungeon Crawler and one of the best labyrinth adventures in any IE game.

Baldur's Gate 2:

Evil elven mage Joneleth Irenicus captures you and tries to use your "Bhaal Essence" (yuck, is it me or does that sound a bit rude?) to restore his soul and elven-ness. You see, he was hitched to an Elven queen but his insatiable lust for power meant he was expelled from the tree-hugging heaven of the Elf City (etc).

You escape because the Shadow Thieves attack his dungeon complex where you are being held. Imoen and Irenicus (yes, it's her again) have been taken by the neo-fascist Cowled Wizards who enforce the anti-magic laws of the city: Athkatla (imagine Byzantium crossed with late-era Rome with a dash of Shakespeare's Verona) only to discover that there is a war going on between two rival thieves guilds.

Yadda yadda. You have many adventures which end up with you following Imoen's trail to Spellhold, where "deviants" (i.e. magic-users) are held by the regime (obviously a prescient, nay psychic comment on Camp X-Ray). Irenicus flees to the Underdark as your elite NPC munchkin strike team beats the snot out of everyone!!! Huzzah. You pursue him, kill everybody, forge +5 superweapons and have a mammoth battle in hell with Irenicus which, after several re-loads, you win!

The game ends with mysterious hooded men muttering about how powerful you are becoming and Irenicus getting rugby tackled off of a cliff in hell by a demon that's a dead ringer for one of the aliens from Alien.

BG2: The Throne of Bhaal:

This expansion pack finishes off the trilogy. A war breaks out as the various Bhaalspawn start kicking off to decide who will ascend to godhood. You have a series of uber-battles with various Bhaal-spawn (a fire giant, a dragon, a drow etc) until you get to fight the last massive battle with Melissan (a pretender to the throne). You win and get the chance to decide whether to become a god or not.

---

I'm sure I've missed something. Nonetheless, the BG series has lots of side-quests, humour, epic scale, massive monty haul battles and oodles of side quests and exploration. This is what people loved about it rather than the plot I've outlined above.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Can you ascend to divinity? What happens if you choose to... Wouldn't that make you the new God of Murder???

Geekified Star Wars Geek

"Can you ascend to divinity? What happens if you choose to... Wouldn't that make you the new God of Murder???"

HUGE SERIES ENDING SPOILER OF ALL TIME:

Yes, you can ascend; but you don't neccessarily have to be 'God of Murder'.

Can you ascend to divinity? What happens if you choose to... Wouldn't that make you the new God of Murder???

...it can...I didna wanna spoil ya, but I will tell ya this; Minsc's "goodbye" speech at the Throne of Bhaal is one o' the funniest an' most heart-warmin' moments in any IE game, p'rhaps any game period...only other time in a game 'sides in PS:T that I literally got a lump in me throat an' felt a bit misty-eyed...as much as I hated ToB, this li'l scene almost saved the game fer me by itself... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

but I will tell ya this; Minsc's "goodbye" speech at the Throne of Bhaal is one o' the funniest an' most heart-warmin' moments in any IE game, p'rhaps any game period...only other time in a game 'sides in PS:T that I literally got a lump in me throat an' felt a bit misty-eyed. :huh:

Keldorn's final speech was the one that really put a lump in my throat.

I also felt for the guy and all of the B.S. that was thrown at him.

Tsel :p

"Can you ascend to divinity? What happens if you choose to... Wouldn't that make you the new God of Murder???"

HUGE SERIES ENDING SPOILER OF ALL TIME:

Yes, you can ascend; but you don't neccessarily have to be 'God of Murder'.

Actually, you have to be the God of Murder if you ascend. There is the balance you must uphold should you accept your fathers portfolio.

If not, the Realms would erupt in chaos. Remember that Sarevok orhcestrated a war between Baldur's Gate and Amn in hopes of the two nations killing each other in huge quantities so he could feed off the power and challenge Cyric for his portfolio.

The Bhaalspawn War in Tethyr and the lands below were orchestrated by the Five. A group of the most powerful Bhaalspawn trying to kill enough people with the Essence of Bhaal inside them and those without to resurrect Bhaal.

Should you ascend to the position of Godhood, you can't be a force of Good and Righteousness. That's Torm's position and he'd be mighty peeved if you tried to take that away from him.

For now, Cyric handles the 'Murder' porftolio. If you ascend, you take that away from him and there is nothing he can do about it. He knows that should he challenge you he would be killed in a most undignifying fashion. So, if you do you'll be the new God of Murder and Cyric will go back to the Lies and Deception part of his portfolio.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Yada, Yada,Yada....

Erm, NO !!!!!

You can take any portfolio as long as it's not claimed by someone else.

In ToB you could become a force of good.

Besides Torms Portfolio only inludes : Duty, Loyalty, Obedience and Paladins.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

From the bit of 'research' I've done since starting NWN, if you kill a god, then you have to take his portfolio, or it's left 'floating around'.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

"From the bit of 'research' I've done since starting NWN, if you kill a god, then you have to take his portfolio, or it's left 'floating around'."

That's the usual; but not always the case. Some other god would take it upon themselves. Afterall, if that were the case, Helm would be the God of Magic right now since he killed Mystra. And, Torm would be the God of Strife and Hate not Cyric because he killed Bane. Of cours,e a god like Torm would never want to be the god of hate so he just didn't accept the 'honour' of such an addition to his portfolio.