Neutral Jedi

Well, for one, there IS NO SUCH THING AS NEUTRAL JEDI! They serve light or dark, with varying shades. You pick one, or fall to either (most unwillingly). Please do not start this cliche discussion. I can understand the neutrality based on Kotor alignment thing, but in the SW Universe there is NO neutral.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Well, for one, there IS NO SUCH THING AS NEUTRAL JEDI! They serve light or dark, with varying shades. You pick one, or fall to either (most unwillingly). Please do not start this cliche discussion. I can understand the neutrality based on Kotor alignment thing, but in the SW Universe there is NO neutral.

Are you talking on some philosophical Star Wars overview or KotOR 2 only. I agree that you wouldn't be able to keep EXACT neutral in the game, so I'm thinking you will get one or the other.

The game might even make it a bit like the Unknown World Temple Summit. The "point-of-no-return", the key point in Jedi Knight, the LS/DS choice point. I'm thinking that the conversations options will change your alignment a lot so that it won't be possible to come out of that convo with a neutral stand.

But I think most "neutral" players (to lower the force alignment penalty) will still lean towards one side or other.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

If my character is neutral, what would he get????

If you're neutral, you get

Force Enlightenment. As long as you're not dark, and by "not dark," the game means less than 10 points towards the "evil" end of the spectrum. ...Yup, the game tends to lump light and neutral together mostly in terms of spoils of war

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

I asked this question before but it wasn't answered: if you stay neutral and not get Visas after you, how exactly does the Ravager quest work?

I don't think it's possible to avoid getting Visas, or at least, I've tried and failed. Her arrival was triggered when I was nearly dead centre neutral on the alignment screen. It might be that even if you balance LS and DS points evenly, the game also counts the total number of alignment points you've received, and eventually this will trigger Visas.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think that it works like this: You get Visas if your heavily dark or light, killed or met all 3 Masters or you have gained a total number of LS/DS Points. That way you will certainly have Visas by the time of the Ravager.

As I posted in the other Visas-Neutral thread...

According to the script that plays the Nihilus-Visas cutscene, which is required to trigger the Visas encounter on the Ebon Hawk, the game checks for any of the following cases:

(1) the player's alignment is 50% towards either Dark or Light (in other words, GoodEvil/Alignment value of less-than-or-equal-to-25 for Dark or greater-than-or-equal-to-75 for Light)

(2) the player has gained at least 50 points Dark and Light combined

(3) the player has found at least three Jedi masters

When you get the option to obtain your prestige class, you will have satisfied the first condition (same alignment requirements).

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

Actually, Jedi are neutral. They don't take sides. The 'grey Jedi' are called such because they're too 'weak' to be a Sith, and they broke the Code in one way or another (or got sick of all the rules and hypocritisism) and left the Jedi. They're HUMAN JEDI. I just am sick of people just assuming that there's a Grey Side. Every Jedi Master in SW History (including many Sith) say that you have to pick a side, or you're forced onto one.

I wasn't dropped on my head. I 'tripped' last year... ;) :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

In Kotor 1, I stayed neutral up until the point where I *had* to choose.. It is possible, and some of the NPC's actually comment on it, if I memeory serves me correctly.. they say something about having a hard time reading my emotions, or whatever..

Yeah, you can stay 'neutral' in the game. The mechanics allow for that. I'm just tired of people assuming that since it's in Kotor I or II, then all of SW is that way. I just assume that people think this way... Sorry, I'm just mad because now I have to rewrite a healthy portion of my NWN module story to accomadate a twist in the Storyline... Oh, well, I'm almost close to being done...

I'll shut up now... (Go ahead. I wanna hear you all sing Hallelujah's and Hossanahs, etc... BTW, who was Hossana??? :ph34r: )

Geekified Star Wars Geek

"Niether is Star Wars. Get over it already. This isn't NWN. "

I wasnt' saying I think neutrality should be a playable path in the game. I was just telling the OP the truth.

I don't think neutral Jedi have much of a place, beyond being oddities, in a Star Wars game. Different shades of dark and light, but fully neutral is boring.

Different shades of L and D, sure. As long as people stop referring to them as 'grey Jedi', etc.

BTW: Have you noticed that the Jedi seem more neutral than crusaders around the time of Kotor? Maybe somebody should create an offshoot group that are the 'paladins' of SW, instead of contemplative people like the Solamnics in the Linsha Trilogy Book 1...

Geekified Star Wars Geek