My idea for a cRPG StarWars video game

Name: StarWars: The Mandalorian Wars (part 1 of 3)

Setting: 1 year before the end of the Mandalorian Wars

Character: Captain (insert name here) male/female, head of Republic Special Operations in Revan's Republic Fleet.

Opening scene: YOu are eating chow when General Malak approachesyou and says "Captain, coewm with me, I have orders for you".",. YOu go off with the now Lightside Malak, and he tells you "Admiral Revan has dispatched me to tell you that the tides of the War are now turning and that you (whoever you are) are needed to tak eout specific personel within the Mandalorian Army" Malak procedes on "But Admiral Revan has told me that they have all gone into hiding following their defeat at Onderon ( or whateve rplanet strikes yoru fancy). Your job is to find where they are and eliminate them. YOu reply "But why woudl he/she want me to do this when there ar emore qualkified people to do this mission, etc etc etc, blah blah blah" Commign along with you is Sergeant Carth (the first you get in your group)

Quest 1: Find documentation of the whereabouts of highranking Mandalorian Officials, in a hidden (until now) Mandalorian Intelligence base on Dxun. Where you get to kill all sorts of baddies, and gain levels, figure out cumputer locked vaults and trash offices.

Quests 3-5: Tak eout various Mandalorian Officials after finding documentation on their whereabouts. And you just happen to find the rest of your party on these 3 quests.

Quest 6: After killing the third guy, you find documents on him explaining about a raid the Mandalorians are planngn on the Republic fleet, you must stop them before they do (which brings us to the FIRST StarWars cRPG space battle where you control your ship), BUT you must fly solo in order to keep the element of surpise. (thsi may or may nto be a bad idea, since most cRPGers, have no twitch experience)

Between quests. One of your team revolts against you, confessign he/she is a spy for th eMandalorian Army and disappears into space. Presumebly heading back for theMandalorian Army. Hint HINT, end game apponant. (PLOT TWIST)

Quest 7 and 8: Take out more officials, etc

Quest 9 ENDGAME: After completing the final quest, you gain knowledge of the whereabouts of your traitorous party member, and it become sevident that he is one of Mandalore's Top ranking Generals. Objective: Revan himself/herself gives you the orders to Search and Destroy traitor/spy.

You have now completed, yoru missions and gain the rank of Colonel. Much cheering and Juma Juice drinking. The End.

NO LOVE INTERESTS. This is war.

Well, what yall think, would you play it? Any constructive criticism is welcome, if ya wanna be a smartass, keep your trap shut.

Next Game

StarWars: The Mandalorian Wars II; The Fog of War

:EDIT: re-added the Revan gender problem, made insign into General Malak. Added, more dialogue.

:EDIT: Took out th epossibility of being a Jedi, added even more dialouge. Took otu you speakign with Revan, but made the gender possible to control, to which ever gameplay suits you.

Wow... That sounds like an awesome game. I'd make in Action/Adventure, though... It's more of a Hitman thing, really. The only issue I can see springing up is the Gender of Revan. This would be easily correctable by a simple 2 answer question (I would hope... :blink: ). The voice would be another issue... Perhaps Malak could be relaying the message to you, so that nobody's idea of Revan's voice is shattered...

This would help clear up some timeline questions about the Mandy Wars, and Revan's personality wouldn't conflict with anybodies idea of him/her because (s)he has yet to be brainwiped. Perhaps later (at the end of this possible series) your character could help lead the assault on M5, and it could end with him/her going "Why, Revan?" as the ship blows into thousands of hyper-gravitized bits...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Wow... That sounds like an awesome game. I'd make in Action/Adventure, though... It's more of a Hitman thing, really. The only issue I can see springing up is the Gender of Revan. This would be easily correctable by a simple 2 answer question (I would hope... :blink: ). The voice would be another issue... Perhaps Malak could be relaying the message to you, so that nobody's idea of Revan's voice is shattered...

This would help clear up some timeline questions about the Mandy Wars, and Revan's personality wouldn't conflict with anybodies idea of him/her because (s)he has yet to be brainwiped. Perhaps later (at the end of this possible series) your character could help lead the assault on M5, and it could end with him/her going "Why, Revan?" as the ship blows into thousands of hyper-gravitized bits...

As for the Gender of Revan, that soemhow got deleted from this post. I made a few lines about it, I will nwo go back and fix it. Also, yoru last paragraph is apart of Part III, so don;t get ahea do fme, I got a nic eplto twist for yall.

You still have to speak to Revan, which could end up bad... I think it best if Malak just told him in private what Revan wanted of him.

That, and I don't think that being a Jedi is a very good idea. Jedi Assassins don't really exist, and Revan didn't start 'turning' people until around M5...

If you were a sniper or somesuch in the Republic Army, then it would be much more Star Warsy, imho.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Yeah, I realize th eproblem of you being a Jedi, but alot of peopel woudl be mad that you didn;t at least have the option of being one. I woudl rathe rit be a soldier. YOu coudl be a sniper, or a grenadier, or a foot soilder or a spy.

Judging by general consensus, then many people want to have a game where being a Jedi isn't an option (the whole overpowering issue). If you were a soldier, then it would add a more War feeling... You could serve under and with Jedi, sure, but being a Jedi is overused, and really wouldn't be all that fun in the Mandy Wars.

If they wanna start off as a nobody (or soldier) then they can go play SW Galaxies (or Kotor I).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Sounds pretty good to me, but I'm so sick of shabby star wars games. Other than Kotor 1&2, there haven't been any lucasarts games in the past 5 years that i've actually liked. The last good one was X-wing alliance. That's what I'd like, another Xwing game, for xbox. Maybe Tie-fighter 2.

I'd be thankful, actually. That way people don't start spamming and talking crap and whatnot...

Geekified Star Wars Geek