Woo!

Has to be one of the more useless powers in the game. Mostly, it's pretty.

Tho that beast control spell still tops it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You also get to 'see' through closed doors.  It can be handy if you want to check if someone is right on the other side.  It's also fun to see what people's alignments are.  (Check out the cantina in Onderon, for example.)

Well, that is more usefull than I had thought.

But my question was not *what* force sight was usefull for, it was(or would have been if I had proofread my post better) "Why are framebuffer effects *required* for force sight to have *any* effect in game". From that screenshot I can see no reason for force sight to be non-functional (err...you know what I mean...right?) in your game if your GFX card can't manage frame buffer effects.

Prolly required for the eyecandy in the game - All the camera feeds also use FBE, so you might have missed those too.

: From the readme :

--------------------

Frame Buffer Effects

--------------------

The camera filters for camera feeds and comlinks require frame

buffer effects. Because of this, camera feeds and comlinks will

not display when frame buffer effects are disabled.

But my question was not *what* force sight was usefull for, it was(or would have been if I had proofread my post better) "Why are framebuffer effects *required* for force sight to have *any* effect in game". From that screenshot I can see no reason for force sight to be non-functional (err...you know what I mean...right?) in your game if your GFX card can't manage frame buffer effects.

Do you have a Geforce 4 or a Geforce 4MX? The GF4MX is really a repackaged GF2 card. It doesn't have the features of the normal GF4.

If money is tight, I would suggest looking at a GF 5700LE. That seems to run around $50 US and will give you more features. ( For the graphics-phile, no the 5700LE isn't a screamer, but for the very low price it is a decent upgrade to the GF4MX.)

As far as why the framebuffer was used, well that was probably the best performance option when Kotor 1 was developed. Since Kotor 2 didn't have the development time to make too many engine changes, well, I'm sure you get, err, don't get the Force Sight. ;-)

In my current game, I went through the dialogue to get it, and reached the conclusion in which Visas teaches me the power, but the power itself was never given to me at the point where it should have been.

Must be a bug.

Ah well. Not like it matters greatly. I can just use Visas for that purpose anyways, as she tends to be in my party.

You gotta use it from the menu down in the left corner. Think its on my screenshot too actually

Seeing as I did not receive the power, selecting the non-existent power in question from the lower left corner is obviously not an option.

Anyway, I just decided I might as well add it to my current save data using KSE, since I'm supposed to have it, anyway.