The Worst Line

What's the cheesiest Star Wars line?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What's the cheesiest Star Wars line?

• "I don't like sand........"
    • "Are you an angel?"
    • "Don't you turn against me too....."
    • "You're breaking my heart Anakin"
    • "I love you. I know."
    • "Kiss me you fool"
    • "Only you could be so bold. "
    • "You-sa in big doo-doo dis time!"
    • Oh god, I've been traumatized by those quotes.........
    • Did someone say cheese?!?!?

The "You're breaking my heart..." is just so amazingly bad. Not only is it something out of a Britney Spears song, Natalie Portman says it with such excruciating lack of acting talent.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think that Portman is the cheesiest sw actress. Her smiles are terryfying and

her voice is lame (especially if you compare it to Jennifer Hale). Hayden isn't half that bad.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

This is actually one of her better smiles.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Not the horribly computer animated apple scene!! Anything but that!!

But what happened to Natalie Portman, she was alright as a child actor in Leon for instance, but now she's just awful. Did her brain fall out? Or did George Lucas remove her talent in post-production?

And Hayden is only slightly less annoying then Leo Dicaprio.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think everyone will admit that Star Wars does have the cheesiest lines and acting. I mean the only reason so many people are into is because of the storyline and the lightsaber battles.

Ο κώδικας του sίτΗ

Η ειρήνη είναι ένα ψέμα είναι εκεί μόνο πάθος. Μέσω του πάθους κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη νίκη. Μέσω της νίκης οι αλυσίδες μου είναι σπασμένες. Η δύναμη θα με απελευθερώσει. Μάθετε αυτό και θα είστε αντάξιοι της παρουσίας μου.

από μηχανής θεός

1022.gifsterb029.gifsterb025.gif

The smiles... (w00t)

They burn the eyes! >_<

Joking.

I chose "I don't like sand..."

I don't know why, but I really just hate this line.

Yes, the others are cheesy, but Star Wars has always been a little bit cheesy to me.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but I have my own ideas. Live with them.

While I'm not going to debate Portman's performance in SW as you guys are pretty entrenched, I think she is not a bad actress overall. An actress can only do so much with the cheesy lines and bad directing she's given, you know. Besides, most of the SW characters are pretty much cliche to begin with, so no amount of flawless acting is going to make them any more credible.

You guys watch Closer and then you honestly tell me she has no acting skills.

Oh, and Han's line isn't cheesy. It's a freaking classic. :cool:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Many bad actors were nominated to oscars. There's no proof.

I've watched other portman movies. She as cheesy as always.

My main problem with her is her awful voice. Its not her lines, its her tone that

scary me. I don't sense any great talent in her - her Leon superiority just died.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

My main problem with her is her awful voice.

Heh. If your biggest reason to label someone a bad actor is one of their physical attributes, then you obviously don't know what makes an actor great. Perhaps Liam Neeson's grand nose prevents him from being a good actor, too.

:thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Voice is not round ass, man. Voice has nothing common with physical attributes that form beauty or lack of beauty. Proper tone is one half of acting and Natalie has awful tone.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Bah. You probably watch her movies dubbed.

And, at any rate, you like TotJ, so your opinion isn't worth jack. :p)

And, at any rate, you like TotJ, so your opinion isn't worth jack.

Somehow I was expecting that argument...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Yeah, my only reason for arguing with you is to have you give me an opening to deliver that line. And for that I thank you. :p)

I asked my friend what she would do if I asked her "Are you an angel?" and her graphic discription alone made me want to cry in agony... :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

What was the little kid supposed to say, 'Heya babe -- lets get nakie' -- huh? God, he's on Tatooine and is in a desperate sitation; if anything, it reminds me of my nephews and nieces at that age. Always asking questions that are silly; he's not supposed to be mature -- he's supposed to be reckless and a bit annoying but charming nonetheless.

I think the lines were fine enough, but ya, romance in general is 'cheesy.'