After episode 3...

Hmm. Unimaginative and full of prejudices. This keeps getting better.

Also, you seem obsessed with gayness. Are you sure you are not gay?

:p"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Btw 213374U what graphics card do you have? I cant run SW lego on mine.

I'm guessing your problem might have to do with the game requiring Pixel Shader (2.0 IIRC). Most older cards don't have that. Mine is a Radeon 9600 XT, and it runs pretty damn smooth. That sort of card should have experienced a serious price drop already and it wasn't too expensive when I got it, about a year ago.

While it's not worth it to get a new card just to play LEGO SW, most graphics-intense games are going to require that sort of technology, so it's your call...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

...Should come Knights of the Old Republic-The movie!!! Imagine that... I think Revan would be a far more interesting movie character than Anakin or Luke ever were.  They should make a trilogy of movies out of the Kotor series. Maybe toby maguire could play revan, and katie holmes as bastila, and some bald evil lookin dude to b malak!

kotor movie =  :blink:

I know what you mean. After finishing Kotor 1, it did occur to me 'This was so much better than Episode I. Why didn't they just make a movie of this?'

In practice, to make a movie you would have to cut huge amounts, most of the characters and locations, certainly. Fans of the game wouldn't like it (although everyone would go and see it anyway, I'm sure), it would lose the magic epic quality, so other cinema-goers wouldn't be impressed, either.

But I think it would be a good idea for George Lucas to produce (not direct!) a new movie with an entirely new setting (within the Star Wars universe) and entirely new characters, not drafted from the existing EU. Kotor gave a glimpse of how successful it could be.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

And yes, determining the dender of Revan and the Exile will open the door for books, games, movies, TV-Series, toys and a whole lot of other things, but if they made Revan male, I wouldn't buy them, because they wouldn't be my Revan.

I just think youre a sexist whore

I don't know why you would think me a sexist whore. I can derive any way in which you might interpret my comments as being biased against women, and I certainly can't think of a reason why I might be sexist against men, on account that I am one.

To me, Revan is a woman. When I sat down to play KotOR, Revan became my character, and I chose her gender. If someone then effectively goes and says "No, you're wrong, Revan was a man," I don't see why I should be expected to say "oh, okay, sorry for picking a woman, obviously Revan is a guy." If I had sat down to play KotOR and the game had decided for me at the beginning that Revan was male, I would have no problem with it. PS:T did that, though it let you set the stats, and was an awesome game. Chrono Trigger didn't let you choose anything at all about the main character, and that was my favourite RPG.

But when I played KotOR, I was given the choice. I made that choice. And so if a book, TV show, movie or toy says that the choice I made wasn't correct, then in my eyes they are wrong. To a bunch of other people, they may be right, but I wouldn't buy the toy or the book or whatever. You can if you want, but I wouldn't. Simple as that.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

And yes, determining the dender of Revan and the Exile will open the door for books, games, movies, TV-Series, toys and a whole lot of other things, but if they made Revan male, I wouldn't buy them, because they wouldn't be my Revan.

I don't know why you would think me a sexist whore. I can derive any way in which you might interpret my comments as being biased against women, and I certainly can't think of a reason why I might be sexist against men, on account that I am one.

To me, Revan is a woman. When I sat down to play KotOR, Revan became my character, and I chose her gender. If someone then effectively goes and says "No, you're wrong, Revan was a man," I don't see why I should be expected to say "oh, okay, sorry for picking a woman, obviously Revan is a guy." If I had sat down to play KotOR and the game had decided for me at the beginning that Revan was male, I would have no problem with it. PS:T did that, though it let you set the stats, and was an awesome game. Chrono Trigger didn't let you choose anything at all about the main character, and that was my favourite RPG.

But when I played KotOR, I was given the choice. I made that choice. And so if a book, TV show, movie or toy says that the choice I made wasn't correct, then in my eyes they are wrong. To a bunch of other people, they may be right, but I wouldn't buy the toy or the book or whatever. You can if you want, but I wouldn't. Simple as that.

Well, I guess I would say if they do bring out a movie, and Revan is a guy, don't take it as a personal attack, they'd just be catering to the most popular choice. It would be hard to pick, though. Both have great potential.

About being a "sexist whore"...your life must really suck if you hate men and you are one... :blink:

Ignore the idiots.

If they did that, then Revan and Exile would have to be LS caucasian males (which isn't good, since my Revan looked Asiany).

I think that the games are as far as the Kotor series can go without loosing more fans. That way, we can all fill in the blanks with our own imaginations.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Though a KOTOR movie wouldn't work well due to the amount of plot that would have to be cut, etc. doing prequel games would work.

To an extent I was surprised that The Sith Lords wasn't turned into "Episode V" of Knights of the Old Republic.

The way the story is written, making a war against 'The True Sith' last for four games would be dragging it out. However, concluding the story with the next game and then having a prequel trilogy would work well.

Episode one deals with Revan's training and adventures as a padawan. Revan's unorthodox training and journeys lead to his discovering the imminent invasion of the Mandalorians. There are also sub-plots such as Jedi Master Kae's romance with Yusanis, who Revan befriends at this time.

Episode two deals with a young Jedi Master Revan's deciding to go to war and Revan's battles against the Mandalorians and the desperate attempts to discover what is the true cause behind their invasion. This leads to the discovery of Malachor V and Korriban, where the ending occurs when Revan discovers the purpose of Malachor V.

Episode three would then be the Exile's point of view, dealing with some major battles towards the end of the war. The Republic's fleet is collapsing, the Jedi are losing, and Revan is no where to be found. The climax would be the battle at Malachor V, and the Exile's connection to the force being severed. An ending montage showing the more terrible moments of the civil war drives home how far Revan is taking this war.

Of course on the surface it does seem pointless as "you already know the ending." But it would allow for the roleplaying options of whether or not Revan actually fell to the darkside, and investigating Revan's relationships with Kreia as well as Malak. It would also deal with the sacrifices that the Exile had to make during the war, which could lead to some very nasty moral decisions where there is no clear cut right or wrong answer. Do you let Sirocco burn? Knowing that the Mandalorians won't realize that you cracked their communications, allowing you to reinforce fortress worlds despite the civilian cost?

Well, I guess I would say if they do bring out a movie, and Revan is a guy, don't take it as a personal attack, they'd just be catering to the most popular choice. It would be hard to pick, though. Both have great potential.

About being a "sexist whore"...your life must really suck if you hate men and you are one... ;)

Ignore the idiots.

It's not like if they brought out a movie where Revan was a guy I'd go on a murderous manic rampage, protest outside the cinema, and take LucasArts to court over it. I just wouldn't go see it. It would just feel wrong to me, that's all.

Hmm...now where did I put that machine gun...

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

It's not like if they brought out a movie where Revan was a guy I'd go on a murderous manic rampage, protest outside the cinema, and take LucasArts to court over it.  I just wouldn't go see it.  It would just feel wrong to me, that's all.

Hmm...now where did I put that machine gun...

That's kind of taking your fantatisism (for lack of a better word) to the extreme is it not?

I, personally, think of Revan as male, since that's what I played as and felt the story made more sense with Revan as male, since the Bastila romance was more indepth than the Carth one.

However, if there was some kind of official statement where they made a television series or movie and deemed Revan to be female, I wouldn't be bothered by it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)