After episode 3...

...Should come Knights of the Old Republic-The movie!!! Imagine that... I think Revan would be a far more interesting movie character than Anakin or Luke ever were. They should make a trilogy of movies out of the Kotor series. Maybe toby maguire could play revan, and katie holmes as bastila, and some bald evil lookin dude to b malak!

kotor movie = :(

if you really want Revan to be a part of it then it should start during The Mandalorian Wars so you can fully grasp what is happening when you get to the original kotor. but if a movie were to be made during the kotor series, how would the ending turn out? :(

There's one problem with this idea: What sex is Revan? It would require the developers to make a decision on Revan's sex unless they can figure out some way of keeping it completely ambiguous for the whole film. And I sure as hell wouldn't see it if they made my Revan into a guy.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Stupid idea. KOTOR games are sufficient in presenting Revan. There's no sense in producing expensive movie with living actors and ILM effects only to repeat what we already knows from games. Besides we know what will be after EIII: TV series directed by Kevin Smith that will show New Jedi Knights and their adventures. Mark Hamill will make few cameos as Luke, who will be a leader of the New Order. This series is intended to be a conclusion of ROTJ, and seems much more interesting and fresh than blurb about how Revan was great.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

That's a somewhat unreasonable stance...

I don't think it is. I'm pretty sure if they decided to make James Bond a woman lots of James Bond fans would refuse to go see it. So, since Revan, who by virtue of me playing the game makes her my character in my eyes, is a woman to me, a film in which she was shown as a man would just be wrong and stupid in my eyes.

And hey, even if it was an unreasonable position to take, since when has the unreasonableness of a position stopped people from taking it? Take a look on the internet for people ceaselessly moaning about Elves at Helm's Deep, for example.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Aside from the fact that a kotor based film would probably suck, revan is a top grade military commander with excellent knowledge of tactics and combat. very few people would buy the idea of that character being a woman.

also i thought the star wars tv series was still rumour, as in there is nothing concrete. If anyone has any contrary evidence please provide it.

I'm pretty sure if they decided to make James Bond a woman lots of James Bond fans would refuse to go see it.

James Bond was a man from the start. So yes, changing him into a woman now would not be a very good idea. But as it stands, that's not a very good comparison.

And hey, even if it was an unreasonable position to take, since when has the unreasonableness of a position stopped people from taking it? Take a look on the internet for people ceaselessly moaning about Elves at Helm's Deep, for example.

Difference being that the elves at Helm's Deep was a completely unnecessary addition. It added absolutely nothing but complications. Determining what gender Revan and the exile is will open the door for books, games, movies, TV-series, toys and a whole lot of things, such as writing a story involving Revan/the exile that's actually satisfying in the end.

Other than that, what other people do is not an excuse for what you do.

I'm pretty sure if they decided to make James Bond a woman lots of James Bond fans would refuse to go see it.

James Bond was a man from the start. So yes, changing him into a woman now would not be a very good idea. But as it stands, that's not a very good comparison.

Why not? Revan was a woman from the start in my games. To me, Revan is as much a woman as James Bond is a man.

Difference being that the elves at Helm's Deep was a completely unnecessary addition. It added absolutely nothing but complications. Determining what gender Revan and the exile is will open the door for books, games, movies, TV-series, toys and a whole lot of things, such as writing a story involving Revan/the exile that's actually satisfying in the end.

Other than that, what other people do is not an excuse for what you do.

I'm not excusing what I'm doing, because I'm not doing anything wrong. And the Elves at Helm's deep didn't add any unecessary complications. Woo, elves at Helm's Deep. Next scene. I don't see any complications. And yes, determining the dender of Revan and the Exile will open the door for books, games, movies, TV-Series, toys and a whole lot of other things, but if they made Revan male, I wouldn't buy them, because they wouldn't be my Revan.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Aside from the fact that a kotor based film would probably suck, revan is a top grade military commander with excellent knowledge of tactics and combat. very few people would buy the idea of that character being a woman.

also i thought the star wars tv series was still rumour, as in there is nothing concrete. If anyone has any contrary evidence please provide it.

It is pretty much speculation atm. GL said, IF they do a TV series it would probably be about the Jedi purge, ya know, the events following Ep III leading up to EP IV. The events following ROTJ have already been written, in EPs VII, VIII, IX. So a TV show based on that timeline would be moot. GL has already admitted to writting episodes 7 threw 9 in the form of a movie script plot outline. Also, GL also said, that he woudl only make the TV series IF EP III did exceptional in the boxoffice, and if the writing was supurb, he didn't want a StarWars TV series to turn out like the Young Indiana Jones TV series.

Well, if ya really really really wanna get technical, if you go by the non-game Extended Universe, Revan was a Lightside Male. This is somewhere in the books or comics, I am nto sure, cause I do not have them on me atm. You do have to remember, that this game is an RPG, and many different people being either male or female, play this game, hence being able to customize your character, it wouldn;t be an RPG if ya couldn't Role play, lol.

I also am of the mind, that having movies based on KOTOR woudl be a bad idea. It WOULD take away from everyones enjoyment of the game and set everythign into stone, and the games would be irrelevant (sp?). There by destroying our Role Playing experience.

I would not mind however, if there was a game or series of games during the Mandilorian Wars where you woudl play a soldier under General Revan and have to go on special Op missions for him with a platoon or some such, or possibly be a Jedi under the same circumstances. You could watch the war unfold before you depending on the success of your missions.

I would not mind however, if there was a game or series of games during the Mandilorian Wars where you woudl play a soldier under General Revan and have to go on special Op missions for him with a platoon or some such, or possibly be a Jedi under the same circumstances.  You could watch the war unfold before you depending on the success of your missions.

Ancient Republic Commando?

Brilliant idea! :lol:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I would not mind however, if there was a game or series of games during the Mandilorian Wars where you woudl play a soldier under General Revan and have to go on special Op missions for him with a platoon or some such, or possibly be a Jedi under the same circumstances.  You could watch the war unfold before you depending on the success of your missions.

Ancient Republic Commando?

Brilliant idea! :lol:

I think I will expand on this idea, I came up with a few more after I read what you had to say. I bet I could come up with an entire story.

I think the TV show was just a rumor.

There will be no more movies, until Lucas dies, he said so himself.

He said there "is no 7-9" and that if someone came to him and asked to make a new star wars movie, he'd say "no" this was on 60 minutes

so I guess we'll just have to wait till he dies and see what happens from there

And yes, determining the dender of Revan and the Exile will open the door for books, games, movies, TV-Series, toys and a whole lot of other things, but if they made Revan male, I wouldn't buy them, because they wouldn't be my Revan.

I just think youre a sexist whore

Ο κώδικας του sίτΗ

Η ειρήνη είναι ένα ψέμα είναι εκεί μόνο πάθος. Μέσω του πάθους κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη νίκη. Μέσω της νίκης οι αλυσίδες μου είναι σπασμένες. Η δύναμη θα με απελευθερώσει. Μάθετε αυτό και θα είστε αντάξιοι της παρουσίας μου.

από μηχανής θεός

1022.gifsterb029.gifsterb025.gif

...Should come Knights of the Old Republic-The movie!!! Imagine that... I think Revan would be a far more interesting movie character than Anakin or Luke ever were.  They should make a trilogy of movies out of the Kotor series. Maybe toby maguire could play revan, and katie holmes as bastila, and some bald evil lookin dude to b malak!

kotor movie =  :p

I would hate it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There will be no more movies, until Lucas dies does some more, he said so himself.

There, I think that's more realistic. >_<

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, if ya really really really wanna get technical, if you go by the non-game Extended Universe,  Revan was a Lightside Male.  This is somewhere in the books or comics, I am nto sure, cause I do not have them on me atm.  You do have to remember, that this game is an RPG, and many different people being either male or female, play this game, hence being able to customize your character, it wouldn;t be an RPG if ya couldn't Role play, lol.

True. I believe we will see some officially-licensed material about Darth Revan and that Revan will end up as a man in the EU. However, they would be wise to wait several years before doing that. Revan is the flavor of the month, he/she will not always be.

If they are going to make EU-type movies (which I doubt they will), then they should go with established EU characters first (like Exar Kun).

LA arts would be wise to milk the ambiguity of Revan for as long as they can.

Why not?  Revan was a woman from the start in my games.  To me, Revan is as much a woman as James Bond is a man.

But the number of people who played Revan as a male probably far outweigh the number who preferred that Revan be female. HOWEVER. Don't discount my post as a flame just yet...

I think that having Revan as either a male or female would work equally well in all practicality. I believe the Bastila/Revan love story would, however, be more appealing to fans than the Revan/Carth one, but this is personal opinion.

Another point, is that in general, very few Sci-Fi Generals/Admirals/Captains are female. In the entire Starwars movie series - 0 females in those three roles. Star Trek - 1 Human (Janeway), a very few Klingon/Romulans/others. Kotor has only Admiral Dodonna (Not including the option of Revan and the Exile). The lack of females of high military rank in fiction may have something to do with the fact that women of every society and era have as a rule neve achieved that status.

If I were making a KOTOR Trilogy, I would probably cast Revan as a man and the Exile as a woman. I personally would love the green light to make Revan (After the Council changes his name) the first Skywalker, providing a unique beginning for Starwars most famous house.

Saying that, Aimo's fanfiction of a female Revan and Exile are among the best I've ever seen.

I don't think there will ever be a KOTOR movie (unless I happen upon a fortune).

Thoughts? I've thought of some pretty cool ways of keeping the audience guessing even though some will know that Revan is Revan, merely as a distraction...like during today, the most boring day in recent memory :thumbsup: