Can't return to Dantooine -- game crashes

This is weird. I've completed the game twice. It crashes all the time (9800 Pro vidcard), but I've been able to just restart before.

But now, when I try to exit the Hawk on Dantooine to confromt the Jedi council, the game goes to a black screen, every time. I can exit the Hawk on any other planet without problems.

This is my first DS playthrough, but I have not killed any of the Jedi masters. I don't know why my LS characters got through this OK. Is there some sort of cutscene?

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Yeah i have this problem too, except im a light character, and i cheated, i dunno if that has anything to do with it, but it also happens if i use the warp command to go to dantooine. so i dunno whats up with that.

And i did uninstall and reinstall of the game and it didnt change a thing.

Yeah i have this problem too, except im a light character, and i cheated, i dunno if that has anything to do with it, but it also happens if i use the warp command to go to dantooine. so i dunno whats up with that.

And i did uninstall and reinstall of the game and it didnt change a thing.

I'm having the same problem with my lightside character; I also tried reinstalling the game.

The screen goes dark when I exit the ebon hawk, the mouse cursor is still visible, but it does nothing. If I exit, it responds with the "Are you sure you want to quit?" dialouge. So it seems the game program itself is still running fine, but the scripting has a nice fat error.

Does going back a few saves resolve this? IE, returning to Onderon and Dxun (last planet I dealt with)?

The only way to get past this bug is rather lengthy process. It is on the Solutions to Problems thread stickied at the top of this forum (I even comment on the method in the very last post).

Basically, what you have to do is ALT-TAB out of the game to Windows, use Windows Explorer and physically delete in-game temp files that are currently running and then go back into the game and leave the Ebon Hawk and it should work.

The problem (as I said in the last post on the thread) is this method resets every single quest you might not have completed if you're returning from a previous trip. If you've already completed these quests... I don't know how that may or may not effect them as I left Dantooine three, four times (for strategic purposes) before finishing everything.

This game is definitely bugged. This is a universal error that EVERYONE, no matter what video card or system spec seems to get when it is time to return to Dantooine and reunite the Jedi Masters. OE hopefully addressed this in the patch, but I have my doubts...

• 11 years later...

I too have this problem. I cannot return to Dantooine. That trick of deleting the temp files while the game is running didn't work for me (did not find any temp files), and I cannot find that stickied thread you guys were talking about. Could someone please help me?

Edited by Anhyzer