Behind the Mask

What do you think Visas actually saw when she un-masked Darth Nihilus?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Visas actually saw when she un-masked Darth Nihilus?

• The Exile's visage
    • Revan's visage
    • A faceless man
    • A smiley face mask
    • A jawa on stilts
    • Trask Ulgo
    • Deadeye Duncan
    • Gluupor
    • George Lucas
    • Chris Avellone

Originally I bet it was supposed to be the Exile.

It accounts for two things. The Exile becoming whole after meeting with Nihilus and how they know about the Exile.

The whole thing is very PST though, so no suprise it was dropped.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Wait...I get it...misspelled "poll".  :D  What a retard!  Thanks English Bloke.

Just butting in... please don't ever use the word "retard" to mean stupid. Not only is it very bad English (retard being a verb, not a noun) it is also extremely hurtful to developmentally delayed people like my beloved son.

Behind the Mask, What did she see?

A little green monkey, who laughed: Tee Hee Hee

10pow13.jpg

Nihilus was Mojo Jojo ??! OMFG!!0101010

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Wait...I get it...misspelled "poll".  :D  What a retard!  Thanks English Bloke.

Just butting in... please don't ever use the word "retard" to mean stupid. Not only is it very bad English (retard being a verb, not a noun) it is also extremely hurtful to developmentally delayed people like my beloved son.

Well, first of all, I apologise for causing any hurt, please for give my offense.

Secondly, it is a term that is widely accepted in certain contexts as meaning someone has acted stupidly, and it should have been clear that I was poking fun at myself.

Thirdly, as a professional in the field of Psychiatric Disorders and Treatments, I would never make fun of someone with a mental disorder. I also find terms like "developmentally delayed" overly-protective and misleading.

Fourthly, it can be used as a noun or a verb, as any good modern dictionary will reveal. (I personally use WordNet 2.0, published by Princeton University)

Lastly, I tend to speak much more casually on gaming forums than in real life, but I suppose I should have used a word with less potential for offense.

It would have been best, I think, to assume I was making a light hearted joke at myself than take it so personally, but I stress my first point. I will try and pick a more neutral word next time.

Sincerely,

FaramirK

Perhaps it was 'just a man' like she said? I don't know, but I think I like to read into things as much as anyone, but I didn't have any reason to read too much into Visas' response when asked what she saw. I just took it almost as a bit of irony that basically that the source of everything that had taken her life from her and forced her into a life of slavery and hatred was "just a man" in the end... no-one special.

- Dan

does visas say different things whenever she pulls off his mask?

as i seem to remember my bro beating him and she said something different, maybe dreamt it :(

By the way, you're right. It just depended on whichever dialogue option the player selected.

If the Exile had said, "Tell me what you saw," Visas Marr spoke of seeing "a graveyard of ships" and the remains of a great battle and atrocity (obviously Malachor V), which she claimed to have seen through the Exile as well.

If the Exile had said, "What did you see when you looked at him?" Visas Marr simply replied, "A man, nothing more."

If there is a KotOR 3 I expect to see Trask as either a Sith lord or sitting half-drunk at a bar telling some incredulous lady about his "daring escape".

Oh, and Kyle Katarn from JK2/JA looks exactly like a non-fat Lucas. It's one of the creepiest bits of corporate adulation I've ever seen.

does visas say different things whenever she pulls off his mask?

as i seem to remember my bro beating him and she said something different, maybe dreamt it :(

By the way, you're right. It just depended on whichever dialogue option the player selected.

If the Exile had said, "Tell me what you saw," Visas Marr spoke of seeing "a graveyard of ships" and the remains of a great battle and atrocity (obviously Malachor V), which she claimed to have seen through the Exile as well.

If the Exile had said, "What did you see when you looked at him?" Visas Marr simply replied, "A man, nothing more."

Good point actually, and on that note, if you do it like I did the first time and don't push her to tell you what she saw (eg: "did you see what you needed to see?"), she says yes, and then basically says her demons have been vanquished and she wishes to learn the light side of the force from you and use it to do good in the galaxy, which I guess is basically her 'officially' turning her back on the dark side and the sith.

The whole "Malachor V" response that she says if you choose the right options is interesting, and I did not know about it... but I still dont subscribe to the beleif that she sees Nihilus in the exile. Perhaps if you were a DS exile then maybe it would make more sense... but outside of that then it doesnt gel with me.

- Dan