dialogue wav file compilations

How do I get their voices into a nice file like yours, LadyCrimson?

Are they in the "Stream Voice" folder? There are lots of files in there, but I can't open them! I mean, I can open them, but Media Player always shows a lentgh of 0 seconds and that's what I get! Nothing!

Yeah, they're in the Stream Voice folder. You have to uncompress them before you can play them. I and most others are using Miles Sound Tools for that. :shifty:

WHat order do the voices go in?

You got it right. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Darth - that picture is huge. :shifty: (hehe he fixed it already)

And does that program let you listen to them too? Cause I don't care about reading them myself. I just like listening to the voices.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Darth - that picture is huge.  :blink:  (hehe he fixed it already)

And does that program let you listen to them too? Cause I don't care about reading them myself. I just like listening to the voices.

Sorry, did not noticed at first that I pasted the link with an IMG tag. The dlg file points you to the sound names so you can listen to them too. But it gives you an idea of the whole dlg in the correct order. You'll find all the details about sound files in this post: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...02entry293002

(edit: oh you already posted this info about sound files)

Ah...well I already have most of the files I want mapped out on paper and uncompressed and stuff....I'm starting to make my own little spliced together ditties for pure amusement now.....heh....but I'll check it out sometime, looks useful.

Thank you very much for your help, LadyCrimson!!

Okay, here is the conversation between Atton and Bao-Dur in German. I'm sorry, it a large file, 2.9mb... Does anyone know how to make it a smaller one but still sounding good?

Edit: 1.4mb file here: http://www.geocities.com/necrofrog82/att-bao-ger2.wav

- Warning: The voices are very different from the English ones!

Here's the text:

A: Habt Ihr mal kurz Zeit?

B: Ich bin ziemlich beschaeftigt, was ist denn?

A: Dauert nur ganz kurz.

B: Okay. Ich arbeite, waehrend Ihr redet.

A: Also...Eure Freundin, die Jedi... Ihr kennt sie doch schon lange, oder? Was wisst Ihr eigentlich ueber sie?

B: Sie? Ihr meint den General? Ja, seit dem Krieg, wenn Ihr's genau wissen wollt. Viel weiss ich aber nicht ueber sie.

A: Mehr als alle anderen auf dem Schiff. Sagt mir einfach Eure Meinung, okay? Und lacht nicht!

B: Ich versuche hier zu arbeiten, Atton!

A: Ich habe mich nur gefragt, ob Ihr denkt, dass sie und ich... vielleicht...

B: Das ist nicht Euer Ernst!?

A: Ihr habt gesagt, Ihr lacht nicht!

B: Es ist Euer Ernst! Atton, sie war ein General, ich nur ein Techniker! Woher soll ich das denn wissen??

A: Und, was denkt Ihr?

B: Ich muss weitermachen.

A: Hey, ich meine es ernst!

Do you use WinXP? You can just use SoundRecorder to make the huge wav's smaller.

Open a finished file and click File/Properties, then 'Convert Now', then pick a format...say save it as/ok, etc...then exit Recorder or try to open another file and it'll ask you if you want to save the changes and you say 'yes' and, the file will magically shrink in size (the name won't change...it'll still say 'something' .wav)....heh

Oh man... How did I not open this thread before now?

"It might take longer than that for some of us..."

"You spend all day thinking up that joke?"

Who knew Disciple was able to deliver a good burn? :blink:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

@ Blue Green: You're welcome.^^

@LadyCrimson: Thanks. :)

I tried to make the file smaller, but I only got it down to 1.4mb, anything else somehow sounded to me as if they were talking over the phone...

(And I had to sign up for new free webspace, I just noticed my old one's full!! O.O)

Okay, here as wav, 1.4mb: http://www.geocities.com/necrofrog82/att-bao-ger2.wav

And zipped 1.2mb: http://www.geocities.com/necrofrog82/atton-bao-ger2.zip

Sorry for the file sizes! :(

I tried to make the file smaller, but I only got it down to 1.4mb

But it's a lot better than the 3-5MB+ they can can start out as, eh? :D Uncompressed/non-streamed sound files are just big for their time-length. Hard to get around that if you want decent quality.

Could I make a request

I'll try to work on something in the next couple days...assuming someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Who knew Disciple was able to deliver a good burn? :)

If the moment is right, anybody can.

I promised myself I wouldn't give Di a lot of credit for anything. :(

EDIT: I've just learned how to make the dialogue files together. (im such a copycat, sorry lady crimson.... i get bored easily :ermm:) i did the handmaiden vs visas one. it didnt take long except i cant find a host.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

No apologies to me for that! Not like I have a patent on the process or something - others better than I were doing it long before me. lol

Just fun to do! :thumbsup:

ripway.com is one option to host 'em.

Can't vouch for their free service myself, but a friend of mine used them a few times. I think they do have a kind of small monthly/daily download-bandwidth allowance for the free accounts but not sure what it is...*shrug

Don't know of any other places, since I never have to use them, I never look for them. :)"

If you get Kotor tool and editortk102's dlg editor you can read the dialogues in a form

So I downloaded it...it doesn't work. It does not 'see' the dialogue file and hence, I cannot open it to look at it. *shrug

I threw up a crappy text link reference page for whatever sound stuff I might do in the future, since 1) I tend to take a while to get around to doing them and 2) topics fall off the radar pretty fast.. Tho any really good ones I'll probably still mention here.

http://crimsonkeep.com/downloads/kotor2sound/kotor2wav.php

For HK fans.

http://crimsonkeep.com/downloads/kotor2sound/hk47-tort1.wav

And btw, whoever asked about HK47/50, I'm not doing 'all' of them. That's 100's maybe closer to a 1000+, files. :D

It doesn't take very long to do one, but that many would get tedious really fast...

The T3/Atton pazaak stuff - mind you, I have no idea what order it's 'supposed' to go in, I just put 'em in an order that worked well for a sound-only file. :p Came out cute tho I think.

http://crimsonkeep.com/downloads/kotor2sou...aak-cheater.wav (335kb)

Pretty sure they're not in the game...there's tons of small bits like that, that weren't used.

It's all set up in the dialog files, but most of the smelly references are only unlocked in subsequent playthroughs. I'm not sure if the PC version updates the playthrough counter variable, so it's possible that they never actually get "unlocked"...

I'm trying to put together Disciple's holocron bits but that's a really large segment...not sure how to go about it yet.

You found the VOs for Disciple's cut holocron lines? (w00t) Could you point me to the folder(s)?

The T3/Atton pazaak stuff - mind you, I have no idea what order it's 'supposed' to go in

If you're interested, you'll find the ordered dialogue in the second and third branches of 003ebo_dlg.erf\A\attt3.dlg (two cutscenes played sequentially)... I've watched it a couple hundred times while testing my additional scene riggings (adding actions), heh. :blink:

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

I'm not sure this is actually in the game or not, or if it was partially cut - I don't remember it being the game at any rate.

Anyway, this is when you're landing on Nal Shadda, and Atton's giving his "here we are" speeches...and then one of the NPC's briefly refers to Atton's bathing habits. So there's two files here - the only difference between them is in the first one, Handmaiden delivers one insult, and the 2nd one, Disciple is the insulter, with each insult being different.

http://crimsonkeep.com/downloads/kotor2sound/not_bathe1.wav  (176kb)

http://crimsonkeep.com/downloads/kotor2sound/not_bathe2.wav  (163kb)

Those are ingame. I've heard them.

It's all set up in the dialog files, but most of the smelly references are only unlocked in subsequent playthroughs. I'm not sure if the PC version updates the playthrough counter variable, so it's possible that they never actually get "unlocked"...

Ah....I see. Well, then it probably doesn't unlock for me. I never get the Atton lines that are supposedly unlocked the 3rd playthrough, either - even tho I was female every time and I'd won the game twice before etc.

As to Disciple's holocron bits...mmm....I just meant the ones in his Global folder...there's a lot of them there (strangely, his 'grunting' noises are not in there that I could find). There are some other ones besides the ones in the global that I heard, but I don't remember what folder they were in at the moment.