A sincere plea to my favorite Developers

Hi there Obsidian!!! Thank you so much for the many excellent products your wonderful people have provided us over the years. Knowing that many of your staff are from Black Isle Studios (and some from Bioware?), I have great respect for your team and the seemingly endless talent and creativity they possess.

I have been reading much about your current latest offering, KOTOR II, and have come to realize that it is yet another great example of your outstanding capabilities as a premier developer.

I had been raving about KOTOR II to my girlfriend and she jumped the gun and bought it for me. I was floored, and quickly became very excited to fire it up and witness your latest work. So, I hopped on the web and proceeded to look for a patch (I do this with every game right when I get it).

Seeing that none was available at the time, I began reading a few threads about it, looking for common problems that I might have so that I could possibly avoid them. It then bacame apparent that LucasArts performed a "Force push" on you guys and made it impossible for you to wrap up many loose ends in the quests and otherwise.

I know it wasn't your fault, and am eagerly awaiting a patch before I play, as I want to experience the game the way you MEANT for it to be experienced, at least the parts you were able to finish. I am not expecting you to finish the work that you had to scrap, but I do want what you did finish to be as good as it can be.

So, I ask humbly that someone from your team gives us a quick heads up in terms of what you know about a possible ETA on the patch. Now, I've read that it's been sent to LucasArts for QA, so I don't know if you've even got the scoop on it yourselves anymore, but I/we would love to hear anything you have on it.

If it's probably just going to be a few more days, then I will wait to play, and if it's longer, I don't think I'll be able to hold out, thus I really want to know.

You've always been really good to us, so, no matter what happens with this game, I will always buy your products. You are one of my favorites, if not my favorite developer.

Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to bringing something truly special to your many fans.

Sincerely,

Adam.

Your wasting your energy typing that. They don't like to listen to us. Wait for the mod...

Correction, they don't like listening to rude and irrational people who just rant and rave and complain.

They may not mind responding as much when the requests aren't so negative. These guys are awesome, and I truly believe they care about their "good" fans.

*now I just hope my avatar doesn't scare them off!*

Hi there Obsidian!!!  Thank you so much for the many excellent products your wonderful people have provided us over the years.  Knowing that many of your staff are from Black Isle Studios (and some from Bioware?), I have great respect for your team and the seemingly endless talent and creativity they possess.

I have been reading much about your current latest offering, KOTOR II, and have come to realize that it is yet another great example of your outstanding capabilities as a premier developer. 

I had been raving about KOTOR II to my girlfriend and she jumped the gun and bought it for me.  I was floored, and quickly became very excited to fire it up and witness your latest work.  So, I hopped on the web and proceeded to look for a patch (I do this with every game right when I get it). 

Seeing that none was available at the time, I began reading a few threads about it, looking for common problems that I might have so that I could possibly avoid them.  It then bacame apparent that LucasArts performed a "Force push" on you guys and made it impossible for you to wrap up many loose ends in the quests and otherwise. 

I know it wasn't your fault, and am eagerly awaiting a patch before I play, as I want to experience the game the way you MEANT for it to be experienced, at least the parts you were able to finish.  I am not expecting you to finish the work that you had to scrap, but I do want what you did finish to be as good as it can be.

So, I ask humbly that someone from your team gives us a quick heads up in terms of what you know about a possible ETA on the patch.  Now, I've read that it's been sent to LucasArts for QA, so I don't know if you've even got the scoop on it yourselves anymore, but I/we would love to hear anything you have on it.

If it's probably just going to be a few more days, then I will wait to play, and if it's longer, I don't think I'll be able to hold out, thus I really want to know.

You've always been really good to us, so, no matter what happens with this game, I will always buy your products.  You are one of my favorites, if not my favorite developer.

Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to bringing something truly special to your many fans.

Sincerely,

Adam.

The developers have already posted on the "Thanks for the patch" thread that they have cleared the patch multiple times and LA has been stalling for at least 2 weeks now (I'm being conservative).

I admire your loyalty, I too am a fan of the KOTOR series and am not going to give up on it just because LA made some mistakes, but I have noticed that on these forums, Obsidian posts much less frequently than other companies (Like Bioware, for example), so don't take it personally if they don't respond.

It could be worse. How? Well, go to Lucas Arts Forums... :p

...and as my NWN character voice of preference always says, "Pray, to whatever gods you worship"...that you make it out of there alive and sane.

To you I deliver a piece of advice, don't wait, start playing. Trust me, no bug in this game makes a patch mandatory.

I'm playing Kotor1 atm, and don't let anyone here say that Kotor1 had less bugs then Kotor2. Kotor1 is actually capable of crashing your PC, something that, try as it might Kotor2 cannot achieve.

I think that if we keep bothering Obsidian, our tenacity may pay off. But really it doesn't matter if they create a content patch or not, because there's a mod in the works to do that. :p

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

To you I deliver a piece of advice, don't wait, start playing.  Trust me, no bug in this game makes a patch mandatory.

I'm playing Kotor1 atm, and don't let anyone here say that Kotor1 had less bugs then Kotor2.  Kotor1 is actually capable of crashing your PC, something that, try as it might Kotor2 cannot achieve.

Is the crash to desktop just a clean crash, or does it give you an error message each time? I am using XP Pro, an XP2500 and a 6800GT. The system has been flawlessly stable with everything I've thrown at it.

I am a bit of a clean freak with my PC, and I just want the smoothest operation out of the game.

It has come to my attention that a developer response was made in the neighboring "you guys suck, where's my patch?" thread, and this is good feedback.

I sure would like to know the current status, however, so hopefully Obsidian can wile the info out of LucasArts. I know for a fact that posting on LA's board is 100% futile. It isn't futile here, however.

Oh, and to a previous poster, no, I will not take it personally if I don't get a developer response. It was worth a shot, but I am sure they have their hands quite full at the moment.

Hi there Obsidian!!!  Thank you so much for the many excellent products your wonderful people have provided us over the years.  Knowing that many of your staff are from Black Isle Studios (and some from Bioware?), I have great respect for your team and the seemingly endless talent and creativity they possess.

I had been raving about KOTOR II to my girlfriend and she jumped the gun and bought it for me.  I was floored, and quickly became very excited to fire it up and witness your latest work.  So, I hopped on the web and proceeded to look for a patch (I do this with every game right when I get it). 

Seeing that none was available at the time, I began reading a few threads about it, looking for common problems that I might have so that I could possibly avoid them.  It then bacame apparent that LucasArts performed a "Force push" on you guys and made it impossible for you to wrap up many loose ends in the quests and otherwise. 

I know it wasn't your fault, and am eagerly awaiting a patch before I play, as I want to experience the game the way you MEANT for it to be experienced, at least the parts you were able to finish.  I am not expecting you to finish the work that you had to scrap, but I do want what you did finish to be as good as it can be.

So, I ask humbly that someone from your team gives us a quick heads up in terms of what you know about a possible ETA on the patch.  Now, I've read that it's been sent to LucasArts for QA, so I don't know if you've even got the scoop on it yourselves anymore, but I/we would love to hear anything you have on it.

You've always been really good to us, so, no matter what happens with this game, I will always buy your products.  You are one of my favorites, if not my favorite developer.

Sincerely,

Adam.

damn noob shootin the gun sayin thanx n shootin them in the back

Sincerely,

Adam.

damn noob shootin the gun sayin thanx n shootin them in the back

Not so veteran yourself, SW fan...100+ posts is nothing. Yes, that includes me. He appears to be genuine.

Not so veteran yourself, SW fan...100+ posts is nothing.  Yes, that includes me.  He appears to be genuine.

Read his other posts. He just tags random rubbish on the end of a thread.

I am genuine, and also wonder where you are getting the "random rubbish" thing from my 5 (now six) quality posts?

Enlighten me, would you?

<edit> Apparently my avatar is intimidating some people, therefore I have changed it to my daily driver.