KOTOR 3 - Truth or speculation

I think he simply wondered if KotOR 3 would be released on Xbox 360 (Xbox 2) or Xbox, in addition to the PC release.

The game is coming to PC, of course.

both K1 and K2 were released on Xbox before being released on PC. I think it is quite likely that K3 will be done the same way. In fact, MS might even try to get LA to go next-gen console exclusive with this.

As most of us know, LA started pre-production of K3 but were forced to drop the project due to financial cutbacks. No game has ever risen again after being dropped so the chances of us seeing it are minimal to nonexistant.

that's totally not true at all. perfect example- red dead revolver, which was one of 2004's best selling titles in the US.

x-box 360, folks. it makes sense.

Erm.. just heard that LA maybe considering *ahem* microsoft *cough* to program KOTOR III for xbox 360 only *bleurgh*.  Could be worse, could be DICE, EA or many others, and dare I say it Obsidian. ;)

sounds like a winner to me. it means:

* manpower and other resources shouldn't be a problem.

* this developer ain't being strongarmed by nobody. :D

of course, they would be wise to try to sub out the story aspect to Obsidian, IMO.

I think we'd all agree Lord Satasn that the only way K3 will make all gamer happy is if there were 3 interconnected campaigns, one where you play Revan, one the Exile and one a noobie. That way the gamer plays as who he/she wants and even still has the opportunity for many a replay as you only see one side of the three sided story in each campaign, moreso with gender and alignment variations for each set at the beginning.

Course that's just a fabrication never will happen. Too bad, I think that'd make K3 live up to the potential it should have.

I think it is perfectly feasible to have three options at the start of any third KotOR game. Play as Revan, the Exile, or another character. Play them from different geographical and ideological locations; have the new character set out from Coruscant to find the others ...

I am thinking of Alien Versus Predator, where you can choose the other viewpoints. Or the new Bioware Dragon Age game; where you can start as one of half-a-dozen characters with different backgrounds, baggage and asperations.

Feasible but improbable.

More likely LA will spit out a clone of K2 as expediently as it can, to rake in Return on Investment on the first title.

Then invest some capital in a new series. (I dodn't say it was smart, I am just identifying their behaviour.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Speculation: We probably won't hear anything at all about KOTOR 3 until XBOX 2 comes out. It makes sense to develop kotor 3 for the next gen xbox, and all information reagarding development of XB2 games are held under the strictest of security.

definetly for The Xbox2 but will it be published also for Xbox1 cause i am not willing to buy a new xbox till maybe 2007 or 2006 cause bill gates announced that there wil be further xbox publications until 2007! :)

You will find articles about xbox360 on www.ign.com !^^)