I can't wait any longer

I think I have been patient in waiting for the patch but it is VERY obvious that OE AND LA don't give two sh1ts, so, enough is enough. I've uninstalled KotORII and it's going to the trade-in bin. What does this mean? I will NEVER buy ANY product from either Obsidian Entertainment OR LucasArts EVER again. That includes the much anticipated NwN2.

These guys (at OE) used to be 'good' developers but now it seems they are the cancerous castoffs from a forgotten era. There are MANY more companies out there that will certainly earn my money more then this blatant money grub.

So, your silence has spoken in roars. You simply don't care about us (the customer) or your half-assed product. So long Interplay, err, I mean Obsidian.

How come there's been no announcement or change to the front page to reflect this?

I have to agree with Xaeryth, I too am pretty sick of all this waiting. I understand that games development can be an unpredictable and trying process, but do OE or LA know this? They made an anouncement that the patch would be forthcoming. That it would be 'soon.' Soon has long since passed. They also released a product that was deeply flawed. They could at least have enough respect for their customers to keep us appraised of what's going on.

It's not like we don't want to release the patch. We, of course, want to help the people having problems with the game as much as possible and as soon as possible. There have just been a series of problems with the release. We are doing everything we can to have it ready and keep it ready for release on our end.

And for the "soon" thingy:

It's not that at all. The patch has been considered packaged and ready to go several times by us. But so far every time something happens and we are forced to redo one aspect of it or change something. The honest truth is that for the past few weeks it has been "yeah, it'll be this Monday" for us as well. Silence does not equal distain.

There. Now you know too.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Whole lot of Q&A for the patch, considering we've done all the Q&A on the game unpaid...

This patch better be worth it.

That is all I can say.

It better have engine optimizations, re-compiled maps (if that is the cause for slow downs) and other assets -- Not necessarily added content like re-econded music tracks, or cut-content -- And things that make this worth waiting for because this will probably be the make-or-break patch for a lot of gamers still on the fence as to whether ot not they are going to keep the game and or still going to buy it if they haven't already.

Xaeryth, well said!

It was completely thoughtless to release such a buggy (and for me, entierly UNUSEABLE) product to the customer, then keep us waiting so long. Like I said in a different post, they shouldn't rush, but they should work harder to get it finished. They need to fix the error of that premature release. Thought I am a HUGE Neverwinter Nights fan, I am actually considering not buying the second game.

I will NEVER buy ANY product from either Obsidian Entertainment OR LucasArts EVER again. That includes the much anticipated NwN2.

I will just get Dragon Age instead. I realize some people don't like Bioware's storytelling but they would never do this to their customers, publisher be damned.

I think Obsidian's biggest mistake, other than the poor contract they are in has been announcing the patch in the first place. They should have just worked on it and let it be released, not announced it. They announced it hoping to please the fans, instead they have caught nothing but feces.

i think Xaeryth will be a bit fracked if the patch is released now dont you think?

i say they remove the soon, we've waited too long, and tempers are only going to fray if we dont get something soon, even if its just a dev sayin whats happenin

I waited a month after the game came out to buy it so a patch would be ready to install. What do you know, no patch, but i was able to finish the game with only one minor problem that I fixed within one day. I was able to finish the game with only minor issues, so the patch is totally worthless to me now. I mean Christ! Silver Style Entertainment flipped out 7 patches in 6 months. I think this is all the fault of Lucas Arts since they pushed Obsidian hard to get the game out in 12 months. Of course, OE did agree to these terms... :p" Just iIn case you want to see a totally awsome game that is a cross between Max Max and Fallout, go here:

The Fall: Last Days of Gaia

The English language release will be out sometime in Q2. :D