because there are about 4 main different accents

Scottish, English, Welsh and Irish

All very different!

Well you could argue Ned's have an accent of their own as well, lol

because there are about 4 main different accents

Scottish, English, Welsh and Irish

All very different!

Well you could argue Ned's have an accent of their own as well, lol

Hoe! Whut yoo sain yi coupel ah fannies!!!

That's not an accent, that's a completely different language. :wub:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Guest Dowie100

Yeah thats true, its not even English

Lol, neds are so funny, "Ill bottle yee",

Yeah but I unlike you have the intelligance to string two words together, (note not including swear words)

*ned stares blankly

Hours of Fun :devil:

Are Neds ppl from glasgow? if so how did they come to be named thus?

Neds can be from any Scottish city, but I suppose we get the honour of being the city where they are considered to "come from". They aren't people from Glasgow, though, since plenty of Glaswegians aren't neds.

Neds are creatures that look in some ways similar to humans but are in fact a form of life lower than pond scum. To use an example from Star Wars, imagine if Darth Nihilus fed on people's misery, and wore a burberry cap and white tracksuit instead of a mask and robe, and carried a bottle of Buckfast wine instead of a lightsaber. And instead of destroying planets, he steals from shops, keys people's cars, assaults people on the street at night and just generally makes a complete and utter **** out of himself. Voila, instant ned. Best served deceased.

As to how they came to be called neds, some have speculated that it is a corruption of "Teddy Boy", an old term for annoying youths of some subculture or another. Teddy Boy -> Teddy -> Ted -> Ned. A popular myth is that it is an abbreviation of Non-Educated Delinquent, but that is a case of the phrase being invented to fit the supposed abbreviation than the other way around.

Truth is, I don't rightly know. But the corruption of Teddy boy is the best explanation I've heard.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Hoe!  Whut yoo sain yi coupel ah fannies!!!

You mean a cute american word for butt? :D

Gosh, I love that word! I remember visiting my Grandparents in for the first time in Florida and hearing them say that in reference to your butt and almost had a heart-attack. Funny how things change over the pond...

I did quite a bit of searching, but found no info on who played Tobin. Did find some info on real, live colonels named Tobin, though.

That said, nobody can beat David Warner as Irenicus in BG II.

Well I'm no closer to knowing who the voice actor for Tobin is, but I'm pretty sure the same person also does the voice of of some of the 'wandering townsfolks' in Telos, and one of the NPC influence-encounter oppurtunities in Telos.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts