Bugged Force Powers!?

I didn't know any of them were bugged....at least not so you'd notice in gameplay. Maybe there's something technically bugged with them, like dmg numbers or something?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

IIRC the "force shield" & force speed powers don't actually increase your defense, at least on X-Box.

On PC Force Shield and Force Speed gives Def. Bonusses.

Only if these 2 are put together they get 1 less Def. than seperate (Normal 6(Armor) and (Normal 4(Speed)) (=10, together 9)

IIRC the "force shield" & force speed powers don't actually increase your defense, at least on X-Box.

On PC Force Shield and Force Speed gives Def. Bonusses.

Only if these 2 are put together they get 1 less Def. than seperate (Normal 6(Armor) and (Normal 4(Speed)) (=10, together 9)

Hm... never noticed that they give one point less defence if activated together <_<

But cant chek this right now .... :p

is it just bug,or feature?

Auras don't grant bonuses to defense, only saving throw.

[PC] They Do work (no saving throw, so what do you mean?)...

[PC] Also Force Valor Work like it shoudl

Hm... never noticed that they give one point less defence if activated together   

But cant chek this right now ....

I was wrong about the 1 point less defense

IT IS WORSE

Instead of giving Speed Def+Armor Def it ONLY gives the highest Def as bonus (in this case the 6 of Armor)

Also happens with Force Enlightment...

EDIT: And then to think it is still That easy, sigh >_<

This isn't really a bug, but Force Sight (the alignment overlay/highlight thingy) doesn't work on older graphics cards, or at least mine and some others who also said it. I'm not sure what the exact required feature is though - probably some sort of shader but that's a guess.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Hm... never noticed that they give one point less defence if activated together   

But cant chek this right now ....

I was wrong about the 1 point less defense

IT IS WORSE

Instead of giving Speed Def+Armor Def it ONLY gives the highest Def as bonus (in this case the 6 of Armor)

Also happens with Force Enlightment...

EDIT: And then to think it is still That easy, sigh :thumbsup:

I wonder if KotOR 1 had same bug...

Ah, yes, it has...

Also Force Armor in Kotor1 gives 5AC instead of the 6 in the description (and like in KOTOR2)

Thus Force Armor is USELESS in both Kotor1 and 2 as you rather have Master Speed (4 def and 2 extra attacks) I think...

And if you want Force Armor you have to spend 3(!) Force Powers for an extra 2 Def above the 4 of Speed...

Aditional Info: All the KOTOR1 Experiments were done on the Cat...But it should be the same for Revan...

Ah, yes, it has...

Also Force Armor in Kotor1 gives 5AC instead of the 6 in the description (and like in KOTOR2)

Thus Force Armor is USELESS in both Kotor1 and 2 as you rather have Master Speed (4 def and 2 extra attacks) I think...

And if you want Force Armor you have to spend 3(!) Force Powers for an extra 2 Def above the 4 of Speed...

Aditional Info: All the KOTOR1 Experiments were done on the Cat...But it should be the same for Revan...

Hm,well,looks like it useless indeed....

Its really sad that there many Force Powers that never used in K1/2..... like energy resistance,force barrier,sabre throw...... and now force armour..... never found much use of force push either...... hope they find some use in k3/ k2 patch..... make force barrier/energy resistance lvl dependable,or something....

I wish there would be more assault LS powers,coz charisma modifers are nice,but you cant create pure LS consular this way-you have to invest in some DS powers anyway....

The stupid "Force Breathing" (or whatever it is) that you get from Kreia when entering the Jar Jar Pit after Mira doesn't work anywhere else -- try it on Malachor V and Korriban, for example, with the poison gas mines dotted about the place ...

:rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The stupid "Force Breathing" (or whatever it is) that you get from Kreia when entering the Jar Jar Pit after Mira doesn't work anywhere else -- try it on Malachor V and Korriban, for example, with the poison gas mines dotted about the place ...

what makes you think it was meant to work anywhere else?

you should have an item that gives you all sorts of immunities including poison......but i have yet to encounter any bugged powers, but i ain't a force power hog that relies on it too much.

what makes you think it was meant to work anywhere else?

you should have an item that gives you all sorts of immunities including poison......but i have yet to encounter any bugged powers, but i ain't a force power hog that relies on it too much.

Without quoting verbatim et literarium, the gist of the Force Power is to allow you to hold -- or "regurgitate" might be a better word -- your last breath for 240 seconds whilst you carry on fighting in the acidic atmosphere of the Jar Jar Pit -- which you can run around in quite confortably with a poison mask on (as well as the space suit).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

:)

either it was my huge save throws,or force breathing actually works..... I used it to sweep mines on malachor V :D

No, the Malachor V mines have a ridiculious low save trow requirement...

Almost 90% of the time you walk over them nothing happens (with low saves)

The difference is easy to see in the combat feedback log. With the Breath Control power active you get a line like "Munchkin is immune to poison" and without it you see the Fortitude save roll.

The DC of the poison 'mines' on Malachor (DC25) is normal for poison, it is the same almost everywhere from Peragus to Malachor. What's ridiculous is the character level and associated stats, plus all the boosts from items. After a campaign like TSL you'd normally be more like level 8..10 but Obsidian used hyper-inflated XP values for everything so that the player is around level 30 instead of 10 near the end of the game. This is not necessarily a problem if the rest is adjusted to account for the god-like abilities of a level-30 character.

Be that is it may, in my experience the Breath Control power does work everywhere as advertised. The only exceptions are sloppily scripted scenes - like the 'Poison Room' in the Iziz palace - but even there the power works insofar as it has the exactly same effect as poison immunity from an item.

No, the Malachor V mines have a ridiculious low save trow requirement...

Almost 90% of the time you walk over them nothing happens (with low saves)

The difference is easy to see in the combat feedback log. With the Breath Control power active you get a line like "Munchkin is immune to poison" and without it you see the Fortitude save roll.

The DC of the poison 'mines' on Malachor (DC25) is normal for poison, it is the same almost everywhere from Peragus to Malachor. What's ridiculous is the character level and associated stats, plus all the boosts from items. After a campaign like TSL you'd normally be more like level 8..10 but Obsidian used hyper-inflated XP values for everything so that the player is around level 30 instead of 10 near the end of the game. This is not necessarily a problem if the rest is adjusted to account for the god-like abilities of a level-30 character.

Be that is it may, in my experience the Breath Control power does work everywhere as advertised. The only exceptions are sloppily scripted scenes - like the 'Poison Room' in the Iziz palace - but even there the power works insofar as it has the exactly same effect as poison immunity from an item.

I forgot about the poison room : yeah, that was one of the places I experimented with the power.

I didn't bother checking the combat log: good point.

So it does work? Then by that measure you should still be affected (infrequently) in the Pits. Which didn't happen to me at all, and I killed every single hostile Gand in the place (which took a few invocations of the power).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT