Two-handed vs. Two weapons

Unlike NWN, I can't find how many attacks / round my guy gets in KOTOR2. So I figured maybe someone here could help me --- I'm level 21 and have all 3 two-weapon fighting feats (none of the advanced prestige-class two-weapon feats). Is there any difference in the number of attacks I get using a double-bladed saber vs. wielding a single lightsaber in each hand? Thanks!

Unlike NWN, I can't find how many attacks / round my guy gets in KOTOR2.  So I figured maybe someone here could help me --- I'm level 21 and have all 3 two-weapon fighting feats (none of the advanced prestige-class two-weapon feats).  Is there any difference in the number of attacks I get using a double-bladed saber vs. wielding a single lightsaber in each hand?  Thanks!

No, Dual-bladed lightsabre gives you one extra attack as does the off-hand lightsabre.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

with 2 sabers you can inflict more dmg 'cause you can add more upgrades than with a double-bladed saber :cool:

Thats not true.

A Double bladed lightsaber starts out as having a higher damage than regular lightsabers (which is pretty annoying). Then you can put your very best upgrade crystals in the lightsaber and the bonuses work for both hands.

Two regular sabers are more -versatile- because you can but different bonuses such as stun and attribute modifiers since you have more slots, but for pure damage, doublesabers are the best (unfortunately, since I like the look of two singles better).

with 2 sabers you can inflict more dmg 'cause you can add more upgrades than with a double-bladed saber :cool:

Wrong. First, double-bladed lightsabres have higher base damage. Second,

with doubled-bladed weapons the STR damage bonus for the main hand is multiplied by 1.5. Around level 30, these two factors alone give you an additional +10 damage per main hand attack. Third, upgrades in a double-bladed weapon count for both 'ends' (i.e. for both main hand attack and off-hand attack) and so you can make better use of high-damage crystals like the Barab Ore Ingot (2d6 or 2d8, forgot which it was). These crystals are rare and you'd be lucky to find even one.

Normal keened lightsabres can do higher damage, but only because of their doubled critical threat range compared to double-bladeers. Use with Master Power Attack or Master Critical Strike and with a suitable form like Shien or Juyo. Base damage is clearly lower.

I prefer double-bladed weapons combined with Master Speed, Master Flurry and Juyo (6 attacks per round). Average damage output is marginally lower than dual-wielding single-bladed keen sabres for criticals, but the results are more dependable because they do not vary wildly from round to round like those that depend on criticals.

There are some arguments pro and con singles+critical and double+flurry in this recent thread on the Bioware boards.

on the subject of lightsabers, notice how in the kotor games the devs are boring and gave every sith lord from malak to

traya

single lightsabers,

not that that could be helped in the latters case

But they should go out of their way to give atleast one guy some identifiying feature about his lightsaber, or make the way they fight a bit more interesting like in the clone wars with dooku

the former was kinda of a lame attempt to try to make the last fight more interesting which for me just fell on its ass, i would prefer the person to actually fight with the said sabre in their hands lol

Don't remember the part

with revans ghost using two sabres