Console exclusives

PC games will be always for more sophisticated people who like to mod and improve them instead of just playing them on TV screen and throw them away after. All old PC games are still praised and are very alive while console games even as good as SW Bounty Hunter are lomg forgotten and not part of the gaming history.

Must be nice to live in your dellusional little world.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

^^ thats totally not true, theres a chain in Austin called GameFellas, and the owner told me that a little less 60% of the business they do are old games for out of date systems. They're cheap and fun.

Oh ya and people get fringe benefits, not french benefits

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"All old PC games are still praised and are very alive while console games even as good as SW Bounty Hunter are lomg forgotten and not part of the gaming history."

Really? Tell that to Pac Man, Tetris, Mario, and a host of other games.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The last time I saw figures(in the UK) of this they estimated that Xbox piracy has the lead over PC piracy by 60-40. Counterfeit console games, pressed in Asia are  vastly more common than PC software. They couldnt be more wrong if they believe consoles is a way to beat the pirates.

Well thats something you would have to take up with Microsoft. But console sales are still much less impacted by piracy than PC sales.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

PC games will be always for more sophisticated people who like to mod and improve them instead of just playing them on TV screen and throw them away after. All old PC games are still praised and are very alive while console games even as good as SW Bounty Hunter are lomg forgotten and not part of the gaming history.

First of all, while I, personally, liked Bounty Hunter, it wasn't exactly an A+ title. Second of all, I'm a definite PC enthusiast........but even I think that's going just a smidgen overboard. It comes down to personal preference, after all.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

"All old PC games are still praised and are very alive while console games even as good as SW Bounty Hunter are lomg forgotten and not part of the gaming history."

Well put! :geek:

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

PC games will be always for more sophisticated people who like to mod and improve them instead of just playing them on TV screen and throw them away after.

ROFL. "I play PC games. Son of Jor-El... Kneel before Zod!".

If you think that playing computer games makes you one of special "elite" species, I pity you.

Ahem... Any mods you've done so far?

All old PC games are still praised and are very alive while console games even as good as SW Bounty Hunter are lomg forgotten and not part of the gaming history.

Old games become part of the history, both PC and console. Do you even remember first old great Atari games?

R00fles!

Tetris? I am now remaking a DOS game Supertetris for Windows. :cool:

The implementation is gone but the concept is alive. There are things like online Java applet based tetris arenas now. Some old things get forgotten, then recycled and rereleased.

To get to the point:

Does anyone know a good Xbox emulator?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I you want 3d video and eye candy graphics, I think it is probably just easier to program for a specific console. After all, everyone has the same video card and sound card! Then, if the publisher wants to port it over to PC, fine.

Basically, you are starting off in a more controlled environment and porting to a more variable environment.

One of the big limitations with the Xbox (in the area of RPGs anyway) is the controller. I think the KOTOR games pushed the limit for a game with a significant amount of text in a console with console controllers.

However, rumor has it that there will be 3 different types of next gen Xboxes and that the top of the line is essentially a PC in Xbox drag. This should allow for even more RPG titles to start off on Xbox.

With regard to personal computers, I think we have come full circle. We have gone from "thin client" to fat client and now back to "thin client" or, perhaps more correctly, "specific client". If all you use your PC for is to game and send email, you need just as much resources as the guy using Autocad but you need it layed out differently (for optimal effect).

The next gen Xbox PC is just that: a powerhouse for people who game, send email and listen to MP3s. It is probably not what you would want for Autocad.

To get to the point:

Does anyone know a good Xbox emulator?

There aren't any good ones. The ones that exist target the MS x-box devolpment API. This look like a mistake, since there are many versions of it and since the only one that can run a games runs only 1 or 2. Most emulation authors are not attracted to a so recent platform platform (and there is specialiazed not-reverse enginnered hardware i think).