Dark?Light Side differences

I'm playing through the game for the first time (so no spoilers please) as Guardian on the Light Side. I was wondering if the gameplay and the game itself would be drastically different if I play doing all the stuff for the Dark Side? Is it worth replaying?

Some dialogs will change of course :ermm: You will also have alot of cash when you threaten/kill people all the time, you will have more fun cause being evil is fun .. Also you do not have to worry about what other people think of you .. Gives you more freedom if ya ask me

Yes it is worth it. THere are items you can only use as Dark or light, not both. THere are different NPC's. There are different missions. THere are different dialogue options. THe whole outcome of several of the worlds you can visit change. Its well worth it.

Yes it is worth it.  THere are items you can only use as Dark or light, not both.  THere are different NPC's.  There are different missions.  THere are different dialogue options.  THe whole outcome of several of the worlds you can visit change.  Its well worth it.

What he said.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Different missions too of course

Well, being evil isn't my kinda thing, but i tried it, but lost the stomach for it on Nar Shaddaa...but from my experiences until then is that you don't get any different missions, its the same missions, just from a different point of view, with dialog changes and minor objective changes.

Well, for example:

For the Lightside you will be asked to save someone, but the darkside would be to kill them instead. (but there are no different missions, they are just finished in a different point of view)

If there are any, point them out please. :-

Well, i would say, 2 LS and 2 DS (2 Male and 2 Female)

other then that, no replay value.

But you can use different builds, but don't see the point.

I don't see the point in playing on a higher difficulty then Easy, since you don't get any special bonuses for it. (more XP or more rewards without DS points if you are playing LS)

But everyone has their own opinions...right guys?

It's definitely quite different for most of the game, and worth playing both sides at least once.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Different missions too of course

Well, being evil isn't my kinda thing, but i tried it, but lost the stomach for it on Nar Shaddaa...but from my experiences until then is that you don't get any different missions, its the same missions, just from a different point of view, with dialog changes and minor objective changes.

Well, for example:

For the Lightside you will be asked to save someone, but the darkside would be to kill them instead. (but there are no different missions, they are just finished in a different point of view)

If there are any, point them out please. :sorcerer:

Well, i would say, 2 LS and 2 DS (2 Male and 2 Female)

other then that, no replay value.

But you can use different builds, but don't see the point.

I don't see the point in playing on a higher difficulty then Easy, since you don't get any special bonuses for it. (more XP or more rewards without DS points if you are playing LS)

But everyone has their own opinions...right guys?

Well on Telos, you can help smuggling weapons etc. and you wouldnt do this if you were a good guy. There's alos something with the dancer, but thats a dif story :ninja:

Not worth it since I've done both -- rent the game, play one side and give'er back. The 'smuggling' operations that Dobo gives quests for on Telos does hardly anything to your alignment if you do Light Side, so its not bad since the only guys you kill don't give Dark Side points.

As for 'different missions' -- they're different perspectives. As for 'different NPCs' there's only one switch that can be made concerning alignment. There are different dialogue options -- ya, amazing ones considering the game can't even keep coherence when referring to the previous game. She to he, half way through -- awesome!

I liked the first reply where you get 'a lot' of credits for doing Dark Side. I had 60,000 credits by the time I left the first of the four planets and I was playing Light Side (and difficulty if that matters) so you don't have to lie to make the game seem good.

Its not. Its stagnant and incredibly easy -- for 'true' gamers, it'll be a disappointment.

Because its a Knights of the Old Republic forum, genius, and I like the brand -- the same idealogy yields the following: 95% of the people who like Star Wars hate the prequels and since they do, they shouldn't watch Star Wars or interact with anything Star Warsy.

Please, its a Star Wars forum with General Star Wars discussion and general KoTOR discussing taking place.

Thanks for the replies. And Lord, for someone who clearly despises the game so much, it's a wonder you're here on the forums posting.

Well on Telos, you can help smuggling weapons etc. and you wouldnt do this if you were a good guy. There's alos something with the dancer, but thats a dif story :)

There's also helping out the Czerka vs. helping out the Ithorians.

On that basis alone, I thought that Citadel Station was almost completely different. While I don't generally like playing DS, I did develop a bit of a taste for the DS force powers. :p I felt so... evil. And my character started looking like this crazy goth chick... and I dragged Atton down with me! :devil:

So yeah, it's pretty different... not like it's a completely different game of course, but different enough to be worth replaying. And if you want it to be even more different, you can always select a different gender for your Exile.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Because its a Knights of the Old Republic forum, genius, and I like the brand -- the same idealogy yields the following: 95% of the people who like Star Wars hate the prequels and since they do, they shouldn't watch Star Wars or interact with anything Star Warsy.

You sir, are a total idiot. If they dont like the prequels they don't go to the message board and rack up posts and jump into discussions about the movie.

Because you like the brand but hate the game you're here answering questions about a game you find "stagnant and incredibly easy"?

All I said initially was that I found it surprising that you're here given the above reasons, but you are obviously making a very lame attempt to flame me, but go ahead it's cool, I've dealt with your kind already.

'Your kind' -- incredibly cute.

I'm glad the major point of the post went over your head, proving your lack of comprehensive and intellectual skills -- I am here because this forum not only discusses Knights of the Old Republic 2 but Knights of the Old Republic; that its a forum where the most civilised discussion takes place with the possible third game is a plus.

I can say the game sucks and stay here because I've played it and I have every right to. Not only that, its a general Star Wars discussion forum. Furthermore, I find it entertaining to see people come up with flimsy 'proof' or situations within the game that portray it as this awesome and well worth

Step down, Lord Tarondor. Your attemps of argumentation would hold its own in an academic - or as you say, intellectual - discussion. You can't use "95% of the people who like Star Wars hate the prequels" as an argument, because it is clearly not true, you're just snatching numbers out of thin air.

As for the other aspect of this discussion, of course you're allowed to post here, I just don't know why you'd bother.

That's why I used the word idealogy and did not state it as fact.

As to the second part: I said its entertaining to read, kind of like those extremist columns on either side of the political parties; you don't have to be involved or a member but you can enjoy it and shoot it down with a simple one sentence response. It generally causes mass rioting of course and everyone rushing to defend -- for instance, this horrible game -- and I do want to bother. I don't spend too much time here but why not get a few kicks?

As for 95%, I know its not true -- I liked the prequels because my nieces and nephews enjoyed them and since thats its target audience and since they and many other kids enjoy it, I think its fine; I mentioned it as simply a hypothetical situation but sure, whatever. :)

That's why I used the word idealogy and did not state it as fact.

As to the second part: I said its entertaining to read, kind of like those extremist columns on either side of the political parties; you don't have to be involved or a member but you can enjoy it and shoot it down with a simple one sentence response. It generally causes mass rioting of course and everyone rushing to defend -- for instance, this horrible game -- and I do want to bother. I don't spend too much time here.

Well, I find it a waste of time.

I also find your use of the word "ideology" (there's not a real word called "ideaology", and I can say that with a good deal of conviction) a bit strange. An ideology is a way of thinking, certain ideas or characteristics in a person or group of persons that forms the basics of a political or economic system. Like Marxism, Utilitarianism, Capitalism, etc.

Care to clear up, a bit?

Read my post again, clever boy. I was making fun of your misspelling of the word.

As you seem to have found out, it is spelled "ideology", not "ideaology".

You still haven't explained the way you used the word, because the way you used it doesn't rhyme with the definitions that both you and I have given.

I used it in such a way as to convey that if you believed how I posted here was wrong since I didn't like the game it is tantamount to believing I cannot post anywhere were I to be amongst the hypothetical amount -- 95% percent -- of people who disliked the first three episodes.

Ideology being -- If you dislike it, you cannot involve yourself, comparable to if you did not vote, you cannot complain.

As for ideology, you are correct; nonetheless, I used both idealogy, which is also correct, and ideaology but simple spelling mistakes are not uncommon amongst forum-goers and certainly not uncommon amongst those who are really intelligent.

Note, I am not saying I am.