Has anyone seen the new Mountain Dew ad?

jaguars4ever

I don't like cofee, so I live on diet Mt. Dew.

At least I don't have to go to Starbucks.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here's a question: what the HELL is the point of "diet" fizzy drinks? If you were on a diet, you wouldn't drink coke or dr. Pepper etc at all, for eff sake!!! All it is is people fooling themselves into thinking they are being healthy. Like chav-mums when they buy their kid chocolate fudge yoghurt. "Will, it MAST be good for'im, coz iss liiiiike yoguht innit".

It's called too much liquid sugar makes my tummy go 'ugh', but I get tired of water and most fruit juices also make my tummy go 'ugh' (I'm extremely acid-sensitive).

Diet soda's still have acids, but they don't seem to bother me like fruit juices.

Also, diet sodas don't make your teeth feel like they have fuzzy jackets on, and are more thirst-quenching since there's no after-drink sugar coating..

And lastly - at 150-200 calories a can (this is true for for a lot of drinks, not just sodas), even if you're not worried about weight persay, it's not like I need the extra 800-1000 calories a day I'd consume if I drank the sugar sodas. If your average intake in terms of food is about 1500-1800 calories, soda (and other drinks) can boost that up to near 3000 (way more than the average person should probably have, even if you're not on a diet) - with absolutely no value to those calories at all.

So I'll avoid that, thanks.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I drink somewhere betweens 4 and 10 cups of coffee a day, and manage to find time to sneak a coke in there from time to time.

I don't touch the mountain dew anymore. Back when I was a "drug addict" mountain dew and Camel Reds where the mainstay of my diet, with the occasional bean burrito, but part of coming "clean" for me was getting rid of the mountain dew.

I once worked with this girl who drank nothing but mountain dew and red bulls for two days and got an irregular heartbeat for her trouble.

So don't do that

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Oh gawd, I used to be a horrible caffeine addict. Never seems to bother me much physcially tho - but some people are more sensitive to it than others. My cousin-in-law has pretty severe reactions if she even has one Coke.

These days tho I confine myself to 2-3 cans of the dew and 3-4 cans of diet root beer, plus lots of water. :thumbsup:

And 10 cups of coffee is a lot - well, depending on the size of the cup. heh Coffee still has more caffeine in it than Dew, btw - depending on how it's been brewed, of course.

Here's a question: what the HELL is the point of "diet" fizzy drinks? If you were on a diet, you wouldn't drink coke or dr. Pepper etc at all, for eff sake!!! All it is is people fooling themselves into thinking they are being healthy.

Most modern day 'diets' have little regard for what's considered 'healthy', but are more concerned with caloric content - and the fact remains that a diet soda has neglibilbe effect on one's blood sugar level, thereby negating a conversion of carbohydrate energy-->fat derived from the aforementioned consumed beverage. :p

manthing2.jpg

Here's a question: what the HELL is the point of "diet" fizzy drinks? If you were on a diet, you wouldn't drink coke or dr. Pepper etc at all, for eff sake!!! All it is is people fooling themselves into thinking they are being healthy. Like chav-mums when they buy their kid chocolate fudge yoghurt. "Will, it MAST be good for'im, coz iss liiiiike yoguht innit".

Huh? I believe the point of having diet soda is to have a drink that tastes decent and has no calories. I can think of many different reasons why someone would want to consume diet drinks and some of them do not require the drinker to be on a "diet." Now if you said that in observation of people who drink twice as much C2 because it has half the calories, then you'd have an extremely potent point.

OT: That ad was good. The best ad I have ever seen for a drink was the Fanta Shokata build-your-own-Bollywood-movie promotion! Hilarious!

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

lol, probably, but given your name is JellyBelly, then who are you to judge? ;)

[EDIT] Altho' it kinda proves my point made at LadyCrimson- diet fizzy drinks are for people who like to think they are on a diet/are healthy. If you were healthy you wouldn't drink fizzy at all, or hardly ever (and if you drink it hardly ever, then it doesn't matter if you have non-diet fizzy because it is drunk so infrquently as to not affect your health anyway) :)

Excuse me? I never said anything I did was healthy. I simply said that compared to what my habits used to be, I now confine them to something less.

I don't judge or make assumptions what other adults choose to do to their bodies, be it booze, meat, Atkins, Weight Watchers, Twinkies, lead-laden fish, homemade ink tattoos, or 100 body piercings. Believe what you want and live how you want - others will do the same thing, and y'know what? Most of us will still live about the same damn amount of time.

Damn I get tired of listening to people holler just because I like to drink something other than water.