Sith Marauder or Sith Lord?

I've already beaten the game once as a Lightside Jedi Sentinel/Weaponmaster, and now I'm thinking about replaying the game on the Darkside. The one question I have is which Prestige class should I pick: Sith Marauder or Sith Lord? What are the advantages and disadvantages to both?

I like lightsaber combat and using force powers, and I remember being pretty powerful as a Weaponmaster with both. I realize the Sith Marauder is basically the evil version of the Weaponmaster, but the idea of being a Sith Lord intrigues me.

So for those who've played either or both, I'd appreciate your comments and/or suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time. :rolleyes:

I've already beaten the game once as a Lightside Jedi Sentinel/Weaponmaster, and now I'm thinking about replaying the game on the Darkside.  The one question I have is which Prestige class should I pick:  Sith Marauder or Sith Lord?  What are the advantages and disadvantages to both? 

I like lightsaber combat and using force powers, and I remember being pretty powerful as a Weaponmaster with both.  I realize the Sith Marauder is basically the evil version of the Weaponmaster, but the idea of being a Sith Lord intrigues me. 

So for those who've played either or both, I'd appreciate your comments and/or suggestions. 

Thanks ahead of time.  ;)

The Combat Fury or whatever of the Marauder is not working properly -- meaning that you do not get the bonus attacks you are supposed to receive. Otherwise, they were pretty neat. I'm trying a Weaponmaster out now in my current playthrough to see what they're like.

I preferred the Sith Lord -- more Force points and more powerful Force punches (so to speak), your alignment bends your party more towards your dark leanings (and thus they easily get the bonuses of being max darkside for their respective Jedi classes), Crush Opposition erodes opponents' "to hit" and such, etc.

But, really, Force Crush is going to be your bread and butter after you return to Dantooine, which you get no matter which Prestige class you picked as a Darksider. :rolleyes:

evil_twin.jpg

All prestige classes and starting Jedi classes have their good things. If you later on want to try a Sith Assasin or Jedi Watchman I could advise you to pick the Guardian or Consular as your starting class. The Guardian has this Force Jump while the Consular have these Improved Force Focus feats. Both are great to have.

Master Vandar lives!

So if I pick Sith Lord, should I choose Jedi Consular or Sentinel as my starting class? Both have some good and bad points to them.

As I said in the first post, I used a Sentinel the first time around. I'm just wondering if it's better to use a Consular if I'm going to go the Sith Lord route, or if I should stick with the Sentinel.

So if I pick Sith Lord, should I choose Jedi Consular or Sentinel as my starting class?  Both have some good and bad points to them. 

As I said in the first post, I used a Sentinel the first time around.  I'm just wondering if it's better to use a Consular if I'm going to go the Sith Lord route, or if I should stick with the Sentinel.

The Sith Lord follows on logically from consular, as both are pure force manipulators. so if you want the most out of it I'd start consular, but the advancement system changes recommended advances on the basis of your new class, so in the end you'll adapt towards your new character type, if you tend to follow suggestions. I don't apart from on Attributes.

All prestige classes and starting Jedi classes have their good things. If you later on want to try a Sith Assasin or Jedi Watchman I could advise you to pick the Guardian or Consular as your starting class. The Guardian has this Force Jump while the Consular have these Improved Force Focus feats. Both are great to have.

Hey, you stole my avatar... no fair! :)

i made that :p

Haha yeah I remember back in the day b4 K2 came out, when me and the other old schoolers that were on this forum b4 the "heards" came, someone had copied my sig...which makes no sense cuz it says My name, and etc. and is customized to me...haha...I thought it was funny/creepy

Damnit! :)

I guess it doesn't bother me that much.... its cool that someone else liked what i'd done enough to use it. It's just that when I would scroll through threads I related it to me, and now there is another... stealing my virtual face! :ermm:

• 9 years later...

Look, all the BS about being the "top Sith Lord" or being something less like "Darth Maul" doesn't apply. If you want to be a fierce lightsaber warrior, be a Jedi Guardian, the go Sith Marauder (which is best for me) because almost every time I hit ANY enemy once, it kills them, or takes down there health to almost zero. (But i will say, you need to pick the right feats: Master two handed weapon fighting, Flurry, Critical attack, lightsaber finesse, lightsaber focus, and The Blademaster/Sith Marauder two handed mastery feat. Make sure your attribute "strength" is hight. You also come across strong damage causing lightsaber crystals, focusing lenses, and cells. Buy the ones that cause the most damage. Also strength amplifier belts, and "dominated gauntlets/gloves. If you do all of what I just said the game will be TOO EASY. Against Jedi Masters and Sith Lords. I even killed the "Greater Storm Beast" on Malachor V with one hit! And Once you learn the Lightsaber form "Juyo", keep it on Juyo at ALL times. I don't care what the game says it's "disadvantages" are. I've beaten it and Kotor 1 more than I could ever count. And Juyo will slaughter EVERYTHING.

Sith Lord is a master of the Force. Your best bet is Sith lightning (Force Storm) Force Drain (Death Field), Force Push (Force Wave) and force speed. I would still advise starting off as a Jedi Guardian though, because if not, in Melee combat you will SUCK! And all the Jedi masters and Sith Lords use Melee combat. You will suck in lightsaber combat, on the flip, your force lighting, drain, and force wave will kill most enemies with one or two times.

The Sith Murauder is the overall master. You still have good force powers and force regeneration, and you are a beast in lightsaber combat. The game even says "unparalleled skill" in lightsaber combat. Follow my directions exactly as I say, and the game will be so easy it will be boring. Seriously, I did the flurry attack on Darth Nihilus 3 times, and killed him. And Sion couldn't even cause me damage, because every time he regenerated, I did flurry on him and killed him again. Also, I almost forgot. When in combat use force speed, you cause more damage. Like I said, it'll be too easy. So if you wanna have fun, and have a challenge, only do a little of what I said. Good luck. If you have anymore questions hit me up.