Thanks for the Patch!

Well its been 2 months, if they don't have something to tell us yet then they really do not deserve to call themselves developers, more like timewasters

And you don't deserve to call yourself poster, more like trolling spammer. But you don't see me complaining, do you? :blink:)

dude its not like i am asking obsidian to part the heavens or anything, like one guy with a one sentence post to explain roughly when the patch will be out and/or how it is coming along is not asking alot

i'm thankful one of the devs actually answered the question, i don't think it was that hard for him or that it took up too much time

It's quite obvious by now that obsidion and LA have moved on to other things. LA made their money and that's all they care about. Obsidian did the job they were paid to do by La and they have moved on as well. If and when the patch is ever released don't plan on getting a second one. It's getting much easier to tell the difference between quality developers nowadays.

Irrational recently released a new patch for Freedom Force, a game that was released in 2002 because of problems with Windows XP service pack 2. There is a developer that is definately worthy of the praise and support of the gaming community.

It's quite obvious by now that obsidion and LA have moved on to other things. LA made their money and that's all they care about. Obsidian did the job they were paid to do by La and they have moved on as well. If and when the patch is ever released don't plan on getting a second one. It's getting much easier to tell the difference between quality developers nowadays.

Irrational recently released a new patch for Freedom Force, a game that was released in 2002 because of problems with Windows XP service pack 2. There is a developer that is definately worthy of the praise and support of the gaming community.

So have you actually played the game yet? Seen for yourself whether YOU will actually need a patch or not? Or are you still using other people's opinions as yours to try and prove a point? Just curious.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Obsidian and LA have no intention of releasing any kind of "Content Patch", according to official sources.

:huh: Wait a tick... I was sure I read on the forums (from a developer) that Obsidian had made some intention of wanting to release a content patch, but wasn't sure if LucasArts would go for it. Has a new development occurred?

Hey, mr Ass prod (lol no offense meant), could you give a list of some of the changes?  I need to know badly what was changed... Also, will you guys be putting in the dialogue you cut out later, like in the next 4 months or so, if u read this plz answer yes yes

Last I checked, the list of fixes won't be released until the patch is actually released.

This is true.

SiO2

Everything I have read leads me to believe that Obsidian views the game as done.

The game is officially complete, yes. But there was a post from Chris Avellone stating they had asked LA for permission to do a "content" patch. The extent of the changes such patch would effect is unknown. That post lasted a day or so before the whole thread was deleted.

Don't hold your hopes too high.

Rejected and subject was closed.

SiO2

Anyone else notice that on the lucasarts support section there is a patch for all of the international versions already but none for the US????

It's a tiny little patch which mostly fixes the manual pdf file. You're not missing anything.

True. This was a Day-One patch to fix a problem that the international publisher had with the manual.pdf's

SiO2

Everything I have read leads me to believe that Obsidian views the game as done.

The game is officially complete, yes. But there was a post from Chris Avellone stating they had asked LA for permission to do a "content" patch. The extent of the changes such patch would effect is unknown. That post lasted a day or so before the whole thread was deleted.

Don't hold your hopes too high.

Nothing to be suprised about. Thanks for telling us though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

All technical support goes through LucasArts so it's up to them what we fix, what we don't, and how many patches we work on and release.

SiO2

All technical support goes through LucasArts so it's up to them what we fix, what we don't, and how many patches we work on and release.

Well, I'm not angry at you guys. I just want to wait and buy the game after the patch comes out. I believe that once I play through it, I'll find that some of the moaning on this forum was uncalled for. I hope you guys do KOTOR 3 with no unrealistic limits on your back.

Well, I'm not angry at you guys.  I just want to wait and buy the game after the patch comes out.  I believe that once I play through it, I'll find that some of the moaning on this forum was uncalled for.  I hope you guys do KOTOR 3 with no unrealistic limits on your back.

Ditto.

*goes back to lurking in the corner*

:)

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

It's not that at all. The patch has been considered packaged and ready to go several times by us. But so far every time something happens and we are forced to redo one aspect of it or change something. The honest truth is that for the past few weeks it has been "yeah, it'll be this Monday" for us as well. Silence does not equal distain.

Definitely not. And I know it must be rough on any of you guys who read forums, because forum-goers tend to be very passionate about games--especially games with any sort of flaw.

You probably already know this, but let me say it anyway, just to reaffirm--people only waste hours of effort in complaining if they're complaining about something they love. I haven't heard anyone saying they thought the game unworthy of being in the series, just that they wish it had been so much more. And, having seen Thief 2 become a victim of time constraints, I'm all too familiar with publisher syndrome.

Fans just have to realize the number one rule of rushed games: It's Not. The. Developer's. Fault. Developers tend to be passionate and if they have a flaw, it would be that they want to remain at 99% for a few extra years until their baby is perfectly what they wanted. It's so much harder to finish everything and do what your ambitions led you to plan when you're on a ludicrous deadline. While Lucas Arts has some great titles to their name, they pushed TSL way too much this time around. I was shocked to hear it was out so soon.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and for games, a year is the equivalent of a day. Publishers REALLY need to learn that. I only pray that LA doesn't go the way of Eidos and fall to the dark side of rushing unfinished games out the door instead of taking the time to make something so memorable and polished that the reputation of both publisher and developer are boosted for years to come.

I have no doubt Obsidian could do the job right. But not on a time scale like 13 months. That's crazy.

Ah, it's good to know. Thanks for the reply.

That is why you need to find a right combination of publisher and developer to get a properly made and properly maintained and supported game.

a.k.a. utopia. :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I"t's not that at all. The patch has been considered packaged and ready to go several times by us. But so far every time something happens and we are forced to redo one aspect of it or change something. The honest truth is that for the past few weeks it has been "yeah, it'll be this Monday" for us as well. Silence does not equal distain."

Yet, people had the gall to say I was wrong. I told them that LA wasn't just playing tiddlywinks with the patch. It should have been obvious to everyone the reasonw hy the patch isn't finished is simply because problems with the patch was found and was sent back to Obsidian for more fine tuning. Duh. I win as per usual.

"Developers make the game and its the Publisher's job to support it. If KotOR 2 isn't properly supported I blame LA, not Obsidian. "

False. It's both their jobs to support it. And, theya re. Afterall, if it was just LA's job than why is Obsidian the one doing the patch work, hmm?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Noooo, Damned Lucasarts <_<

Wow, it's almost as though you're surprised it was rejected.

I had pretty well assumed all along that this would be the case.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Guest Dowie100

Noooo, Damned Lucasarts <_<

Wow, it's almost as though you're surprised it was rejected.

I had pretty well assumed all along that this would be the case.

No I wasn't surprised at all, Content Patches are very rare

Only Operation Flashpoint, and Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne that I have heard of