Thanks for the Patch!

I agree faramirk, I believe that this is one project Obsidion should have passed on. Hopefully it turns out to be a positive learning experience for both the devs and the consumers.

Lesson for the devs...don't bite off more than you can chew. Oh yeah, one more thing stay away from Lucasarts. They have proven themselves to be nothing more than money hungry whores.

Lesson for the consumers....Caveat Emptor

If you haven't even played it yet (I'm assuming since you say you're waiting for the bargain bin), then why are you constantly posting in these threads attacking (for lack of a better word) Obsidian?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I agree faramirk, I believe that this is one project Obsidion should have passed on. Hopefully it turns out to be a positive learning experience for both the devs and the consumers.

Lesson for the devs...don't bite off more than you can chew. Oh yeah, one more thing stay away from Lucasarts. They have proven themselves to be nothing more than money hungry whores.

Lesson for the consumers....Caveat Emptor

Thats Faramir"K" to you :p (j/k)

I agree with everything you said, with the exception that i will happily buy LA products again if they are of high quality. I haven't bought KOTOR 2 yet, but I will once the custom mod and patch are released, and will not feel like I have wasted any money, since the game will probably only be $20-30 by then.

If you haven't even played it yet (I'm assuming since you say you're waiting for the bargain bin), then why are you constantly posting in these threads attacking (for lack of a better word) Obsidian?

I haven't played it yet either...don't see why that means I can't take part in the communtiy forums out of interest. I'm just waiting.

No I understand that. I mean how can someone critisize the quality of the game when they themselves haven't even played it, and thus have no clue if they would even experience the problems.

I'm just as awed by people who would say they love the game and that the game is perfect, even if they've never played it.

It's one thing to know a game has bugs, it's another to assume it will without actually playing it.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No I understand that.  I mean how can someone critisize the quality of the game when they themselves haven't even played it, and thus have no clue if they would even experience the problems.

I'm just as awed by people who would say they love the game and that the game is perfect, even if they've never played it.

It's one thing to know a game has bugs, it's another to assume it will without actually playing it.

Oh, ok. Yeah, the only reservations I have stated so far (to my knowledge) are if I've read that a vast majority of owners have reported, like the cut stuff, which I thin ksounds bettter than the ending the others have described.

Still, I'm definately going to buy it. I guessed the patch would come April 7 on the guess the release date thread, maybe if I'm right they'll give me a free copy :p

I actually experienced very few bugs while playing kotor 1 so who knows, kotor 2 may actually run almost flawless on my system. It's not the bugs that bother me, it's the fact that the game was released in a poor, rushed state and I refuse to pay full price for it. I have stated before that obsidion is almost as much of a victim of Lucasarts as the consumers are. They, however, did accept the project and as such must have known from the beginning that they would have been working under serious time limitations. I believe obsidion is a victim of their own ambition.

it's the fact that the game was released in a poor, rushed state and I refuse to pay full price for it.

Please explain how you have arrived to that conclusion without experiencing it yourself.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's not the bugs that bother me, it's the fact that the game was released in a poor, rushed state

I think The Ghost-man's point was that you can't comment on how much of a poor, rushed state it was released in, because you haven't seen it for yourself. I don't think that its going to be a poor game when I play it, I just think it probably could have been better than it is (speaking tenatively), especially if the theory about them dropping the "Kreia is Handmaiden's mom story" is true.

I forgot to mention that the lack of responses from obsidian themselves to questions on their own message boards is very dissapointing to say the least. I realize that they are busy and working on other projects but come on. How long does it take to scan the forum, 5 minutes? Try checking out the terminal velocity forum for bloodrayne. The devs are constantly posting there and interacting with the forum members and they have already moved on to other projects.

it's the fact that the game was released in a poor, rushed state and I refuse to pay full price for it.

Please explain how you have arrived to that conclusion without experiencing it yourself.

You really are "Too elite for me", by the time my post registered, you had posted and made my comment look like the redundant mewings of a copy-cat.

:">

I forgot to mention that the lack of responses from obsidian themselves to questions on their own message boards is very dissapointing to say the least. I realize that they are busy and working on other projects but come on. How long does it take to scan the forum, 5 minutes? Try checking out the terminal velocity forum for bloodrayne. The devs are constantly posting there and interacting with the forum members and they have already moved on to other projects.

Now that is an excellent reason for concern. As a Bioware fan, I am shocked how much more their devs post than here at Obsidian. CHeck out the Jade Empire forum to see what I mean.

Now that is an excellent reason for concern.  As a Bioware fan, I am shocked how much more their devs post than here at Obsidian.  CHeck out the Jade Empire forum to see what I mean.

Wow I'm coming across as the definition of a fanboy, however regarding this one point I will defend Obsidian in that they used to post quite a lot (and quite indepth about info as well) during the time the game was still in development. They've just stopped posting much since the release.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in regards to comparing the pre-release Jade Empire discussions that the devs post in.

Hmmm, I think I based my opinion on the fact that many people have posted about the cut ending, the impossible to finish quests, the quests that go nowhere, the disjointed story, the soundtrack recorded in mono and so on and so on to know a hatchet job when I see one.

Now that is an excellent reason for concern.  As a Bioware fan, I am shocked how much more their devs post than here at Obsidian.  CHeck out the Jade Empire forum to see what I mean.

Wow I'm coming across as the definition of a fanboy, however regarding this one point I will defend Obsidian in that they used to post quite a lot (and quite indepth about info as well) during the time the game was still in development. They've just stopped posting much since the release.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in regards to comparing the pre-release Jade Empire discussions that the devs post in.

Valid point. I wasn't aware of that fact. Also, I bet Bioware has a bigger staff too huh? Or maybe just more single staff :p"

I sure appreciate the update. I've played through the light side and have been waiting patiently for the patch to play through the dark side.

Err, and since you seem to still be reading this thread....is that unannounced project (hopefully) KOTOR 3?

lol, I know, but I had to ask anyway.....

Hmmm, I think I based my opinion on the fact that many people have posted about the cut ending, the impossible to finish quests, the quests that go nowhere, the disjointed story, the soundtrack recorded in mono and so on and so on to know a hatchet job when I see one.

The cut ending doesn't make a disjointed story. The soundtrack recorded in mono is not nearly as bad as they might want you to believe (in fact I didn't notice at all), and the fact that I don't remember any "impossible to finish" quests is a testament to that if there are indeed any (which I'm not denying), it isn't as bad as people claim. In fact the worse problems this game suffers from are balance and game mechanics, but I don't see nearly as many people complaining about that.

But anyway, it's not a very smart thing to do to have an opinion based on other opinions. They could be exaggerating to make a point, you know. My opinion is that this game as it is now is well worth its full price, but again, that is my opinion. An informed opinion, mind you.

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion. However, there is definitely something wrong with borrowing other's opinion and making it your own.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You put up an excellent argument 213374U, but I am afraid that this is one instance where I have to go on the opinion of others. If I was in the position I was recently with plenty of disposable income I almost certainly would buy it now regardless of what I have heard about it. I love the pc gaming industry and I am always happy to support the devs with my money when I purchase their products. Unfortunately I cannot afford to just blow $50 on every game that comes my way anymore. I'll probably get it when the price drops by 10 or 20 bucks. I am anxious to see what all the fuss is about, especially when a game is so loved by some of the consumers that they are willing to spend their own free time making the game realize it's full intended potential by modding it.