Thanks for the Patch!

People, just be patient. You are critisizing Obsidian for not releasing a patch quickly, but also you say you want the issues fixed? Just let the people do their job, and decide what you think when the patch comes out.

Cheers

Dan

YES.

I don't know why people seem to think that whining will get them what they want faster. I know if I worked for Obsidian, at this point I'd be considering not releasing the patch at all, purely out of spite. And I'm not even close to being a spiteful person.

So stop complaining, already! The patch will get here when it gets here!

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

the fact that obsidian are so tight lipped about the patch is a joke, seriously, how much could it hurt to ****ing inform people as to how close the patch is to release or atleast how its coming along

Its not like one guy working on the patch or somebody with knowledge about the subject couldn't go to the forums and take 5 minutes out of his life to tell all the fans and people they have let down who've been waiting for the thing for months

@ the thread originator....

LOL! Sarcasm is your friend....thanks for the chuckle.

I haven't had too much trouble w/the game - a patch would be welcome but not really needed for me...still, that was funny...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

the fact that obsidian are so tight lipped about the patch is a joke, seriously, how much could it hurt to ****ing inform people as to how close the patch is to release or atleast how its coming along

Its not like one guy working on the patch or somebody with knowledge about the subject couldn't go to the forums and take 5 minutes out of his life to tell all the fans and people they have let down who've been waiting for the thing for months

Maybe there's stuff happening they can't talk about ...diclosure agreements and all that. *shrugs* either way I said it before and I said it again. Constant updates still won't keep some people happy. They'll still be unhappy because it wasn't released the day they had a problem, and a daily repeat of 'its not coming out yet, it will be soon' is only going to make them more annoyed, invite flame attacks against devs. and generally fuel the fires.

If I were the devs, I'd probably keep fairly quiet until I have something to actually tell the customers. :sorcerer:

Maybe there's stuff happening they can't talk about ...diclosure agreements and all that. *shrugs* either way I said it before and I said it again. Constant updates still won't keep some people happy. They'll still be unhappy because it wasn't released the day they had a problem, and a daily repeat of 'its not coming out yet, it will be soon' is only going to make them more annoyed, invite flame attacks against devs. and generally fuel the fires.

If I were the devs, I'd probably keep fairly quiet until I have something to actually tell the customers.  :sorcerer:

Well its been 2 months, if they don't have something to tell us yet then they really do not deserve to call themselves developers, more like timewasters

I believe there was a post about a day ago saying it is still on its way. in the end there have been updates, probably one per week or two but its hard keeping abreast of them in the quagmire of speculation about 'how crap the patch' is going to be and 'obsidian sucks' etc ad finitum.

Thing is the post was as before, 'sorry we are working on getting it released but its really in LAs hands now.'

Which to some of us is, albeit a little dissapointing, an acceptable answer.

To others this translates as 'screw you Mr Customer, we have not moved mountains in order to placate your righteous fury at being sold a steaming dog turd, one which we have forcefed you without chutney no less.'

Well, it would be rather funny if all they were doing correcting spelling and grammer mistakes and leave everything else alone. lol

You mean like when they spelled Carth's last name "Onassi"?

I don't know why it made me laugh so much, but it did. It also kind of took away from the melodrama of the scene. :p

Actually this was a source of humor on our end as well since while we were writing those parts, we noticed that in the reference material we had it was spelled both ways! >_< But the above is still a bug because we tried to make the spelling consisten throughout the game.

SiO2

It's not that at all. The patch has been considered packaged and ready to go several times by us. But so far every time something happens and we are forced to redo one aspect of it or change something. The honest truth is that for the past few weeks it has been "yeah, it'll be this Monday" for us as well. Silence does not equal distain.

SiO2

It's not that at all. The patch has been considered packaged and ready to go several times by us. But so far every time something happens and we are forced to redo one aspect of it or change something. The honest truth is that for the past few weeks it has been "yeah, it'll be this Monday" for us as well. Silence does not equal distain.

thanks for update buddy

and no silence doesn't equall disdain but it's not 'golden' either, especially not on message boards

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

Thank you. Its nice to finaly know whats going on. Perhaps some one could have told us the honest truth a bit earlier but hindsight is always 20/20 Thanks again for saying somthing.

Thank you. Its nice to finaly know whats going on. Perhaps some one could have told us the honest truth a bit earlier but hindsight is always 20/20 Thanks again for saying somthing.

Indeed, nice to hear from the devs. But it irritates me that so many of the fans expect the devs to be constantly relaying information regarding the internal operation of the company regardless of any detriment a lax public relations policy might do to the company and its relationship with its publishers.

Obsidian Entertainment is a very visible company within its industry, whose public relations policy cannot consist of developers randomly blabbering about every single thing going on inside the company to the public, for better or worse.

This idea some people seem to have, that the mechanics and politics of internal operations and Obsidian's interaction with Lucasarts, especially during this patching process, should just be a big huge public spectacle is baffling to me.

Well its been 2 months, if they don't have something to tell us yet then they really do not deserve to call themselves developers, more like timewasters

And you don't deserve to call yourself poster, more like trolling spammer. But you don't see me complaining, do you? :))

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Don't you ever get tired of accusing everyone and his goat of being trolls and/or spammers?

And don't you ever get tired of asking me the same questions? Because I sure am tired of reading them.

Also: what ghostie said. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And don't you ever get tired of asking me the same questions? Because I sure am tired of reading them.

Not really. But I get tired of your posts in general. It's always about accusing people of being trolls, it's always about being a rude a-hole.

How about you let the moderators decide who is a troll and who is not? If you don't like what people write, then ignore it and stay out of the threads.

Not really. But I get tired of your posts in general. It's always about accusing people of being trolls, it's always about being a rude a-hole.

How about you let the moderators decide who is a troll and who is not? If you don't like what people write, then ignore it and stay out of the threads.

And how about you add me to your ignore list and STFU? :thumbsup:

Don't be such a hypocrite of accusing me of vigilanteism while you do it at the same time.

Thank you for the update.

I shall lurk less agitatedly now.

If I were the devs, I'd probably keep fairly quiet until I have something to actually tell the customers.  ;)

Bingo. :thumbsup:

John-

Thanks for the update. You've restored my faith in Obsidian. I shall go back to waiting quietly in the corners now :)

:geek:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Indeed, nice to hear from the devs.  But it irritates me that so many of the fans expect the devs to be constantly relaying information regarding the internal operation of the company regardless of any detriment a lax public relations policy might do to the company and its relationship with its publishers.

Obsidian Entertainment is a very visible company within its industry, whose public relations policy cannot consist of developers randomly blabbering about every single thing going on inside the company to the public, for better or worse.

This idea some people seem to have, that the mechanics and politics of internal operations and Obsidian's interaction with Lucasarts, especially during this patching process, should just be a big huge public spectacle is baffling to me.

suck it nellie

it's nice to hear from the devs but it's rude to ask for info? you f***ing pushover

the front page is saying 'patch is coming soon' for two months and you accept that because "Obsidian Entertainment is a very visible company", bah

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!