Thanks for the Patch!

As time goes by, it matters less and less to me what the patch contains. Mods and the unofficial content patch are far more important, now. I mean, most of us have come up with workarounds for all the major problems in the meantime, while waiting for the patch. I finally eliminated intermitent crashes by underclocking my video card once I'd tried everything else. That's after having unpacked the ATI Cat 4.11 OGL driver into my directory to prevent even more frequent crashes which I originally had occurring. I found a separate Catalyst version which allows cinematics to run without crashing if installed as my primary display driver (with the Cat 4.11 OGL driver in my KotOR directory). And I know how to avoid whatever else is broken now, or how to fix it on my end.

Actually, I've gotten adequately used to all the problems with the game that if they all get fixed, it's going to feel like I'm not playing the same game. All the challenge of avoiding and fixing the broken bits will be ruined! :ermm:

I have a feeling we will all be distinctly underwhelmed when the "official"patch is released.

If it turns out that all the patch does is fix something minor like spelling errors, then how angry would you all be?

I doubt any of the rational fans will be angry absolutely regardless of what the patch ends up containing. We already know its a fix patch, not a content patch, so anyone who complains when they find out the patch doesn't contain new content is just being a twit. And furthermore, virtually everyone who had game-breaking problems and was willing to try the known fixes has managed to fix the major bugs already on their own end, so it won't really change much of anything for the PC fanbase: the bugs which we've already worked around no longer need the workarounds we already have in place? Terrific. Changes nothing. Maybe they'll fix the Telos swoop race and get rid of the 'jump' bug and things like that. But since we know how to get around that, and most of us can beat it as is, what difference does it make. I view the patch as a non-event, really, for fans who bought at release and found their fixes already.

All generalisations and oxymorons aside, the reason i ask ppl's potential reaction is that there is loads of b*tching and whining about the problems with the game on these forums and it is largely justified.

So an unsatisfactory patch would be amusing. A crappy patch would also be a huge "f you" to everyone who bought the game. I am personally not bothered either way for reasons i will not mention here.

All generalisations and oxymorons aside, the reason i ask ppl's potential reaction is that there is loads of b*tching and whining about the problems with the game on these forums and it is largely justified.

So an unsatisfactory patch would be amusing. A crappy patch would also be a huge "f you" to everyone who bought the game. I am personally not bothered either way for reasons i will not mention here.

New girlfriend? :p

Jesus people you boughta product "as is". You knew the consequences from the US X-Box release, now deal with it.

Next time you have something to say that isnt constructive but more sarcasm or flame baiting why dont you just shut up hmmm?

It's pretty damn funny to see all the hype building up around the release of the patch. It reminds me of the hype that was created around a certain game, sequel of a GotY, which, despite being a great game, failed to rewrite The Book of CRPGs as we know it. You see, when the game was released, fans everywhere were disappointed because it was just another game. I have a feeling this patch will be just another patch in that it will just fix some of the game's issues, but not all of them, and it will not greatly improve the game's overall quality.

Due to the overhype, fans everywhere will feel disappointed again and the tide of posts demanding some random stuff from OE or LA will resume. Ah, the busy life of a hater...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Personally I don't have any problems with K2 and I run a pretty standard system with a

P4 2.4

1G of RAM

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128m

Soundblaster Audigy 2

I mean those parts are pretty standard right?

So I'm looking forward to the unofficial content mod more.

It's pretty damn funny to see all the hype building up around the release of the patch. It reminds me of the hype that was created around a certain game, sequel of a GotY, which, despite being a great game, failed to rewrite The Book of CRPGs as we know it. You see, when the game was released, fans everywhere were disappointed because it was just another game. I have a feeling this patch will be just another patch in that it will just fix some of the game's issues, but not all of them, and it will not greatly improve the game's overall quality.

Due to the overhype, fans everywhere will feel disappointed again and the tide of posts demanding some random stuff from OE or LA will resume. Ah, the busy life of a hater...

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

If I hadn't ramped up my expectations to totally unreasonable levels during the "superhype" period, I'm sure I would have been more satisfied with TSL.

I sincerely doubt that a mere "patch" is going to blow your minds, folks, because the list of content you want restored and issues you want resolved seems more in line with an expansion pack. Maybe there is a precedent for including that sort of thing in a patch, but please, keep those expectations low - it's for your own good.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

For me, the excitement has blown over. TSL was a good game, I finished it, and now I've moved on. I'll probably load up the patch anyway, just to see how much got fixed, but the only thing that'd turn me into a raging fanboy again is the content mod :D

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

If I hadn't ramped up my expectations to totally unreasonable levels during the "superhype" period, I'm sure I would have been more satisfied with TSL.

I sincerely doubt that a mere "patch" is going to blow your minds, folks, because the list of content you want restored and issues you want resolved seems more in line with an expansion pack. Maybe there is a precedent for including that sort of thing in a patch, but please, keep those expectations low - it's for your own good.

I don't think so, I think that after you've gotten this patch, you soon discover that every other patch you've ever gotten......IS A LIE

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

People, just be patient. You are critisizing Obsidian for not releasing a patch quickly, but also you say you want the issues fixed? Just let the people do their job, and decide what you think when the patch comes out.

Cheers

Dan

Well, it would be rather funny if all they were doing correcting spelling and grammer mistakes and leave everything else alone. lol

You mean like when they spelled Carth's last name "Onassi"?

I don't know why it made me laugh so much, but it did. It also kind of took away from the melodrama of the scene. :)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital