Thanks for the Patch!

and thanks for keeping us posted during the develeopment of said patch, I really appreciate it!

When it comes to interacting with the fans your company is clearly no 1. The "patch coming soon" message on your frontpage now serves as a reminder of the monumental effort it took to keep us, the small people, happy and up to date. The message still has that soothing effect it had two months ago and i couldnt be happier

thank you

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

and thanks for keeping us posted during the develeopment of said patch, I really appreciate it!

When it comes to interacting with the fans your company is clearly no 1.  The "patch coming soon" message on your frontpage now serves as a reminder of the monumental effort it took to keep us, the small people, happy and up to date.  The message still has that soothing effect it had two months ago and i couldnt be happier

thank you

Are you mental?

they haven't done a thing about a patch.

just saying 'coming soon' for months and from what i hear, it has been done for ages and is waiting for Lucasarts to get off their asses and release it, but i doubt it will fix anything.

Guest Dowie100

Someone actually got a reply from the composer that the patch would actually upgrade the quality of all the music..

Guest Dowie100

yeah its quite sad actually

In the "old" days we never had to finish games, did you see people adding the endings to Starcraft, Tiberian Sun? or even Kotor1

And the Content Mod is going to be 100x better than this patch will probably will either never come out, or not fix anything

The funny thing is that in my experience with pc games I have seen that quite often games will recieve more support from the fanbase than from the actual developers or publishers in the form of user made addons and user made patches.

The funny thing is that in my experience with pc games I have seen that quite often games will recieve more support from the fanbase than from the actual developers or publishers in the form of user made addons and user made patches.

That should hardly be suprising. Volunteers do it in their spare time. They are also rarely hassled about timeframes and no one gets overly upset if the project falls through, which happens a lot.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yeh, an example is Vampire - Bloodlines

Activision just says its our machines that are not good enough. lol

My Brother couldn't run it any faster then i could.

I have:

AMD AthlonXP 2600+

1024MB DDR PC2700

ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128MB

My Brother has

Intel Pentium IV 2.8Ghz (HT)

1024MB DDR PC3200 (Dual Channel)

Nvidia GeforceFX 6800Ultra 256MB

I find it funny that we both get the exact same performance. (crap performance)

But where is this unofficial content patch thingy? (a website perhaps?)

That should hardly be suprising. Volunteers do it in their spare time. They are also rarely hassled about timeframes and no one gets overly upset if the project falls through, which happens a lot.

Exactly. User modules can be done in their spare time and they can use the "it's done when it's done" excuse and no one will badger them or make multiple threads about how the mod maker lied to the public about releasing the mod soon.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It sounds to me like game developers need to find new full time professions and try game development in their spare time.We would probably see some truly amazing games then! (w00t)

It's one thing to mod something. But quite another to create it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It's not like we don't want to release the patch. We, of course, want to help the people having problems with the game as much as possible and as soon as possible. There have just been a series of problems with the release. We are doing everything we can to have it ready and keep it ready for release on our end.

SiO2

It's not like we don't want to release the patch. We, of course, want to help the people having problems with the game as much as possible and as soon as possible. There have just been a series of problems with the release. We are doing everything we can to have it ready and keep it ready for release on our end.

Everytime I see your title under your name I laugh.

Someone at Obsidian has a cruel sense of humor. Either that or there's something disturbing about John in his personal life. :rolleyes:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hey, no problem, just glad to hear a update and to find that progress is still being made.

You folks would find that 90% of all the negativity expressed on this board and elsewhere concerning this game would vanish if only an occasional update on progress such as this one were made with some frequency. We understand that overcoming the problems caused by the time constraints imposed by LucasArts is a formidable task to say the least, we customers just want to be kept informed. :rolleyes:

Everytime I see your title under your name I laugh.

Someone at Obsidian has a cruel sense of humor. Either that or there's something disturbing about John in his personal life. :ermm:

*spits tea over the screen*

Damn Now I'm gonna have to buy one of those TFT cleaning kits (w00t)

Hey, no problem, just glad to hear a update and to find that progress is still being made.

You folks would find that 90% of all the negativity expressed on this board and elsewhere concerning this game would vanish if only an occasional update on progress such as this one were made with some frequency. We understand that overcoming the problems caused by the time constraints imposed by LucasArts is a formidable task to say the least, we customers just want to be kept informed. :)

Yeah maybe. Honestly though i think even with regular updates if those updates were 'well we're still having problems, but we are definitely getting it released, still can't tell you when yet, sorry, but just be patient and all will be well in time' there will still be a large percentage of people who will not be happy. Some people thrive on not being happy, and like others to know they are not happy, and meet unhappy people like them. If there are not enough unhappy people around then they will spare all their efforts into making happy people unhappy too. :blink:

I think the phrase is 'Misery loves company' :p

plus.. I reckon you just made that 90% statistic up :ermm:

In the "old" days we never had to finish games, did you see people adding the endings to Starcraft, Tiberian Sun? or even Kotor1

Actually, there is the Carth Redemption ending modded on for KOTOR1, since it wasn't finished by the developers in time for release.

bg.

Yes there was, but was you blowing up with Carth really that great? :ermm: The stuff the modders are putting in now is great storyline stuff that should of been in the game from the get go. Without those scenes the ending is funky.