Jedi Apprentice Series

I was just curious if anyone else has read the Star Wars Jedi Apprentice series. It takes place before Episode I and explains how Obi-Wan became Quigon's apprentice, and goes into detail about what missions they conducted for the Jedi. My only complaint about the series is the fact that the writing is aimed towards a middle school level, but it's still a good series none the less because it gives you a chance to know the two characters a little better.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Not bad, but I like Young Jedi Knights better.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Its not part of a series that im aware of, but i do have a book pre-dating EP:I by a few years called:

Cloak of Deception.

Its all about Sideous gently manipulating terrorist factions, terrorists, and the Republic all at once, whilst Supreme Chancellor Valorum is having assassination attempts on his life.

Its up to Obi Wan and Qui Gon to figure out who is trying to kill him before its too late.

(the ending marks the rise of the Trade federations army, and Sideous telling them to make a blockade at Naboo :devil: )

Sounds like a good book. I think I'm going to pick up a copy :cool:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Product Description:

From New York Times bestselling author James Luceno comes an all-new Star Wars adventure that reveals the action and intrigue unfolding directly before Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

Mired in greed and corruption, tangled in bureaucracy, the Galactic Republic is crumbling. In the outlying systems, where the Trade Federation maintains a stranglehold on shipping routes, tensions are boiling over?while back in the comfort of Coruscant, the hub of civilized space and seat of the Republic government, few senators seem inclined to investigate the problem. And those who suspect Supreme Chancellor Valorum of having a hand in the machinations are baffled?especially when Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi foil an assassination attempt on the Chancellor.

With the crisis escalating, Valorum calls for an emergency trade summit. As humans and aliens gather, conspiracies sealed with large sums of money run rampant, and no one is entirely above suspicion. But the greatest threat of all remains unknown to everyone except three members of the Trade Federation who have entered into a shadowy alliance with a dark overlord. While the trio will be content with more money and fewer problems, Darth Sidious has grander, far more terrifying plans.

It is a time that tests the mettle of all those who strive to hold the Republic together?none more so than the Jedi Knights, who have long been the galaxy's best hope for preserving peace and justice. Yet despite their most valiant efforts, the meeting will explode into fiery chaos beyond everyone?s worst fears . . .

The online review, just incase you were indeed considering getting it.

Cloak was great. It vastly improved TPM story.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

I enjoyed Cloak of Deception, too. One complaint from other people was that there was too much political stuff, but IMO, that's what made it fun. I enjoyed reading more about the backstabbing politicians that were, even superficially, involved in the early stages of the crisis that manifested during AotC.

Oh and no I haven't. I was tempted to pick them up, but I always get weary when a book is labelled for a target audience of "young readers". That's why I had problems with the Young Jedi Knights series. The books were shallow to the target audience.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The only rhing that annoyed me in Cloak was captain Cohl...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I might check out CLoak...it sounds alright...but I mean we already know how it unfolded pretty much now....just from that review, and the events of TPM and AOTC and etc.

I read Labrynth of Evil by James Luceno and I thought it was really good. It was the first book I've read about Star wars and etc. my first EU besides the games. I can't wait for Episode 3

and is it me or am I the only one who has gotten over and let go of the acting of Episode 1 and 2 and the cgi factor and doesnt care anymore, and thinks episode 3 will probably have the same problems....yet is still looking forward to the movie because star wars has never been classy...it has just always been action packed and exciting and thats what I'm looking forward to in Episode 3....

I know....lol

It's funny how people are like...hey that robot with 4 arms who uses made up weapons in a made up universe looks fake, thats not what hes supposed to look like....

or...that fruit that anakin levitates is so fake looking....when I levitate fruit with a made up power called the force it looks much better....

and etc. and etc.

just enjoy the show