The immortality thread.

This comes from a conversation my wife and I were having last night.

Two "rules".

1. You cant nominate yourself.

2. There is no way out they are here for the duration.

I couldnt come up with anyone I hated enough but have fun with it.

Who would you grant immortality?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Wow, this is tough.....

Well, I can think of nobody I know that I would want to inflict upon this world for all of eternity... And I sure as heck wouldn't want to live FOREVER (granted, a few millenia would be kinda cool :lol: ).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I would like to live forever (if I had one weakness, so I could end it if it became unbearable) ..

But I would give my one of my friends immortality .. since he's always talking about how cool it would be! let's see how he feels about it in 2000-3000 years! :lol:

Fortune favors the bald.

This comes from a conversation my wife and I were having last night.

Two "rules".

1. You cant nominate yourself.

2. There is no way out they are here for the duration.

I couldnt come up with anyone I hated enough but have fun with it.

Who would you grant immortality?

For the duration, but in what condition? Eternal youth or eternal decrepitude?

And you mean, for ever and ever? Even into the grey death of the universe? Or just until the end of humanity?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Hey, why don't we start a eutopian society of eternally youthful people with this thread??? I nominate everybody that has posted! We will rule the world!

BTW, I think that everybody should be given a 'weakness of choice', just to allow a way out if things get bad, and to keep treachery alive and well. It could be secret (like a hidden button on the upper left thigh or a particularly vulnerable liver, etc.).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Hey, why don't we start a eutopian society of eternally youthful people with this thread??? I nominate everybody that has posted! We will rule the world!

BTW, I think that everybody should be given a 'weakness of choice', just to allow a way out if things get bad, and to keep treachery alive and well. It could be secret (like a hidden button on the upper left thigh or a particularly vulnerable liver, etc.).

your weakness will be that you are unable to affect the world, but the world can affect you! hehe

Fortune favors the bald.

George Dubya Bush... just kidding! :(

Jennifer Lopez. So her big ass could shine over our planer forever. :)

And George Lucas. He deserved it, after all he has done for us. :wub::wub:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Do we have the option to bring dead people back to be immortalized?

Does immortality also bring imperviousness? I wouldn't want to be still alive if a train accidently hits me.

I nominate Genghis Khan....just to see what would happen you know.

I'd like to live for about 300-500 years, but immortal? Nah. Even 1000 would be too many for me. Even if one didn't physically age, there's always gravity, and 1000 years of plastic surgery to fix the sags would get rather annoying.

I nominate Bruce Campbell, the actor, and Sam Rami, the director. Evil Dead #4026 coming to a theater near you!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

first I considered cursing Uwe with eternal life .. but then I realized that he would probably try to make films from now on to eternity! and that would be punishing humanity far more than it deserves!

I think we should make a thread in which people could come up with the most dreadful punishment for that guy .. I can't think of anything evil enough! and I have a pretty sick imagination!

Fortune favors the bald.

Actually, most of the punishments I may suggest probably wouldn't be appropriate (too graphic...) for the 'younger' people to use the forums. :p

Geekified Star Wars Geek

I suggest the ever popular molten lead enema. That or Chinese Water Torture. Or maybe electrodes to very sensitive parts of his body, that wouldn't kill him, but just make him suffer for long periods of time. Lots of ways of inflicting torture on meatbags really.

To my shoes, then I'd never have to replace them.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.