TSL: Redux

Should teh Game Developers Spend another 6 months or so putting everything into the game that was originally intended (putting all teh storyline cuts, scenes, and stages back in).  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should teh Game Developers Spend another 6 months or so putting everything into the game that was originally intended (putting all teh storyline cuts, scenes, and stages back in).

• Of Course, It could have been teh greates RPG twer it finished
    • No, the game sucked lets move on
    • No. The game is fine as it is Let us not further complicate it
    • Yes cause the Xbox Users don't even have content download
    • No jsut release an Expansion for the comp instead of a Redux.
    • Yes cause it was great until I got BLue-Balled by teh ending

I voted "No, the game sucked lets move on"... because that was the closest my view game to matching one of your poll options... but its not very accurate (in hindsight i shouldn't have voted at all ;)).

I beleive the cut ending would have been better, and at least that way we would have all gotten storyline closure and closure with our favorite characters, but its all said and done now, and I did not think KOTOR2 sucked. I would rather they forget about KOTOR2, and focus ALL of their energy on creating a truly epic KOTOR3, which will silence the critics and bring us all the closure we longed for after KOTOR2, as well as being a truly kickass game on its own.

Who cares if it takes them a couple of years... personally I would be willing to wait. There is a lot at stake though... I mean, in some small way, I would be crushed if they botched KOTOR3.

The only way i would say i dont want to see a Redux would be if K3 answered all the opened endings in K2 in depth (which i doubt it will do) because I liked be Revan Rather than teh Exile who was actaully a killer of the Force, not very heroic. But the storyline was still great.

Remember too, he was only the death of the force through the eyes of the Jedi Council... and in their situation and given their almost dogmatic view on the matter its sort of questionable.

I'm not saying the assumption isnt correct, but its more one of those things that is sort of open to interpretation... and its important to understand that if you want to get the most out of the game; or at least thats my opinion.

I do agree with you though, but what you have to understand is that the chances of there being an official patch or addon to TSL are very small, so our only real hope is that (like we have both said already in this thread) KOTOR3 delivers the goods, and until I can see otherwise, im going to hold onto that hope :(

- Dan

Ive let my opinion out befor, about how they're going to release a finnished version of TSL as soon as the XBOX 2 comes out just like Halo 2. they can't have one completed version without the other, so they'll wait till xbox 2 to come out untill they release the finnished version for the PC/XBOX 2. thats just my own idea tho, there is no prof of what I said. Theorisminsihinmlikedly

I would love to see all the cut plots and sequences restored, preferrably by the game creators in a PC patch.

However, I seriously doubt that will happen. I think I read an email posted on a webpage from the development team leader or some such stating that fact. :wub:

evil_twin.jpg

...I would spend another 50 bucks if they added enough story and replaced all the cuts to tide us over till K3 for Xbox 2 and PC.

Only think what could happen after that in the game industry. Companys

were pulling out there games not finished, full of bugs only to get money

and when the players are happy with that, there will be some pathces and

et voila.

And if there were a "alot" of players outside like you, (nothing personal)

then at first we would get the "beta" version and after a couple of months

there would be the "deluxe mega kick arse" version for the exactly price

like the one before, which had to be the one after.

I would also preffer, that they put the content into the game, but not for

the price, which i had payed once for it.

I would say there is even less chance of a patch than there is of an 'expansion' pack release. I honestly don't think I could answer whether or not I would prefer a patch or a kotor3 that finishes it up and continues the story (albeit from a different new characters perspective)...

I actually dont think I care, as long as whatever it is gets all the development time it needs to make it awesome. From what i've seen I truly beleive Obsidian are capable of making a truly amazing game, should they allow themselves the proper time to create such a game.

Bring it on!

- Dan

I would say there is even less chance of a patch than there is of an 'expansion' pack release.  I honestly don't think I could answer whether or not I would prefer a patch or a kotor3 that finishes it up and continues the story (albeit from a different new characters perspective)...

I actually dont think I care, as long as whatever it is gets all the development time it needs to make it awesome.  From what i've seen I truly beleive Obsidian are capable of making a truly amazing game, should they allow themselves the proper time to create such a game.

Bring it on!

- Dan

Seconded. Couldn't have said it better myself, although I'd prefer K3 not add another new PC to the already rich mixture. A patch might be a middle ground, a neg option for those who 1) don't want to part with more $, 2) think the game is fine as is, or 3) don't care because they play games on skim level. An optional download would cost less; possibly a full release would not earn the money back because it missed the hype boat. It's probably all in the realm of professional pride for Obsidian at this point, though, and maybe they're willing to just let it go. But I wouldn't.

I voted that they should had worked another 6month so that this game would had been the best RPG .

Yes cause the Xbox Users don't even have content download

Thats why i don't have anymore consoles .

PC versions are always better for many reasons:

-Updates

-Mods

-Online Multi-Player (Most consoles don't offer this)

-Cheats/Trainers (without a gameshark, game genie , action replay ...)

-Others (which i won't mention)

Don't get me wrong here i totally respect console's players , a gamer is a gamer , after all we are the best cause without us the game developpers would'nt have a business at all :huh:

I voted that they should had worked another 6month so that this game would had been the best RPG .

Yes cause the Xbox Users don't even have content download

Thats why i don't have anymore consoles .

PC versions are always better for many reasons:

-Updates

-Mods

-Online Multi-Player (Most consoles don't offer this)

-Cheats/Trainers (without a gameshark, game genie , action replay ...)

-Others (which i won't mention)

Don't get me wrong here i totally respect console's players , a gamer is a gamer , after all we are the best cause without us the game developpers would'nt have a business at all :thumbsup:

XBox has ALL of that ass well. But KOTOR II is not online enabled for content download at all, even though KOTOR I was, that seems VERY fishy to me considering TSL came out well after Xbox live virtually establsihed itself as a requirement for all newly released games.

They probably didnt put the time into enabling x-box live codeing..(Not sure what sort of programming is required for this).

Also..um...KoTOR 2 and KoTOR 1 were both X-Box MAIN. Meaning PC was a SECOND CHOICE for the game...like most x-box games(Max Payne, Halo, etc.) Just because they got released onto the PC doesnt mean that PC games are better. Often it's a totally different experience....

As for the paying to get a new copy? HAH! You have got to be bloody joking!

First off, I payed my sixty like anyone else to get a cut to pieces game, if they Re-release the game with the cut content and dont at least offer a discount of some kind I'll never buy another obsidian game again. Why? Because it reeks of set up.

Put the community on edge..make them dislike the game and then charge them another sixty to get the game they were SUPPOSED to get in the first place? Why not just rob you?

Second. All patches have to go through lucas arts..and from what I know PC user's arent getting a patch unless it's just to fix a few broken things..and you'll be lucky to even get that. It's extremely slim that any cut content will be re-added to the game.

Adding all that stuff wouldn't take an extra 6 months,

more like a couple of weeks if they got off their asses, its already all or nearly done, just not present in the game, you have to remmeber the entire game was made in 13 months, you're suggesting that it would take them just under half the time to add something like an extra couple of areas and some dialogue that has already been recorded

tbh thats the only reason that i could think of why the patch is taking so long, its not out of the question that a patch would add the missing stuff, either that or obsidian are just incompetant and can't release an essential patch within a reasonable amount of time

Err...Obsidian's not incompetent. They have to run any patch material past lucas arts. If lucas arts says 'No we dont want you to patch' then they cant do it. They're useing rights to a game that's pretty much lucas arts...they just get to make it. It's like a carpenter building a bench for someone that's already payed...six weeks later he cant just come in and decide to fix a little piece that he wants to if the owner says he cant.

Granted..obsidian COULD have said that they didnt want to release the game yet...but then we probably wouldnt even have the KoTOR 2 that we have now...LA probably would have kicked the whole project..

You would pay $50 to play a "finished game"? Pah, why?! You think the KotOR modding community hasn't already started projects on this from the next hour after they completed the game? Do you not think they came together to get some sort of a plan?! Because if you haven't, you are underestimating our friends, the ones who will bring you the content.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

just to repeat myself

Ive let my opinion out befor, about how they're going to release a finnished version of TSL as soon as the XBOX 2 comes out just like Halo 2. they can't have one completed version without the other, so they'll wait till xbox 2 to come out untill they release the finnished version for the PC/XBOX 2. thats just my own idea tho, there is no prof of what I said. Theorisminsihinmlikedly

ahem ahem, when it happens I wont say I told you so....

I know that Darth SPock but becasue those SOBs did nto make KOTOR 2 Xbox LIve enabled liek they did with KOTOR I i cant downlaod new content, I need a whoel new game. Im screwed either way...

get your box modded and if they do come out with a finnished version just dl and your good to go..or rent it and rip it to your box, easy peasy. :p