The useless information thread!

Rosbjerg

Interesting. I don't buy it, though. If that was true, it should affect metals, and weakly bonded covalent solids as well.

But I'm no chemist so what do I know.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Interesting. I don't buy it, though. If that was true, it should affect metals, and weakly bonded covalent solids as well.

But I'm no chemist so what do I know.

I remember using glass to test hardness in my geology class, its harder then talc and many other rocks.

how and why would it have to effect metals specifically?

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Because in metals, the atoms that compose the metal aren't specifically bonded to their adjacent neighbors, but rather, to the mass of metal itself, due to electrostatic attraction caused by the "electronic gas". If we are to believe that the structure of glass allows for molecules of SiO2 to change location like that, the atoms of the metal should be able to do the same. And the same goes for covalent solids with weak intermolecular forces (but strong enough to keep it solid at room temperature).

But as I said, I'm no chemist, so I'm probably wrong.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Blowfish is rather poisonous if not prepared properly. It has a gland tha secrets a substance called tetrodotoxin that blocks the sodium channels in neuromuscular junctions and blocks the contraction of skeletal muscles. So, since the breathing depends on the contraction of such muscles (like the diaphragm) you suffocate to death. That

I like to call lenin a semi social dictator and stalin a totalitarian.

if you recall, in the other thread, i agreed with both of these statements. if anything, they were probably closer to fascist since the government ran all businesses...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Tarantula's shoot their body hair as a defence mechanism. This is how they got their name, as it caused skin irritation and the victim's scratching resembled an african dance called the Tarantula.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I like to call lenin a semi social dictator and stalin a totalitarian.

if you recall, in the other thread, i agreed with both of these statements. if anything, they were probably closer to fascist since the government ran all businesses...

taks

blah blah blah, you get the last word, i know thats what you wnt'

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Does anyone else than me find it troubleing that this is the most-visited thread in the whole forum?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Where'd you get that?

11+ pages and the new posts are...rather frequent. Just a hunch, I guess. :devil:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

One of the most-visited ones then, you overly blue ranger.

kirottu said:

It's a ranger I tell'ya, even if I never used that avatar for my rangers in IWD. :(

kirottu said:

The longest word in the english language is Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. Its a lung condition caused by inhaling silica dust.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Does anyone else than me find it troubleing that this is the most-visited thread in the whole forum?

Well, is it that strange? Obsidian had to bend over and move NWN2:s forum pages to BIO and since they haven't released some REAL info on their upcoming title what is there to debate?