The useless information thread!

Rosbjerg

I don't understand how people could even want to start using drugs like heroine or smoking cigarettes. Destroying your health; now that's productive rolleyes.gif

Being a soldier isnt exactly beneficial to your health either :)"

True, there are risks involved. But remember:

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Being a soldier isnt exactly beneficial to your health either  :)"

Apparently it is - to your psychological health, at least. This study showed that soldiers get healthier if they are sent into battle (unless they get wounded or killed, of course).

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

I dont think he meant it to be taken literally.

This study showed that soldiers get healthier if they are sent into battle, unless they get wounded or killed, of course.

:) gold.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

George Orwell

I dont think he meant it to be taken literally.

It's true though. Anyway, here's my useless info:

Over 1000 birds die a year from smashing into windows

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

I remember when I was little, a turkey made a short flight over the road and smacked right into my mom's car while we were driving. I can't recall if it died or not though.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

The nation of Burgundy was briefly one of the most powerful states in Europe, extending from the French Province of the same name up to the netherlands. It's duke at the time, who was not only called charles but was the spitting image of our current prince, was intent on ressurecting the ancient crown and nation of Lotharingia. Had he been successful, the state of Lotharingia would have stretched from Marseilles to Amsterdam. Alas, he died in retreat from battle in Switzerland while attempting to take it over, and Burgundy was carved up between France and Austria.

Oh, and Ender, I need your preference list for Diplomacy. :rolleyes:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Sh*t is actually an acronym for Ship High In Transit - SH*T. It has to do with shipping dry manure in the holds of ships. When dry it weighs a lot less, but once water hit it, it not only became heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a by-product is methane gas.

As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could (and did) happen; methane began to build up below decks and the first time someone came below at night with a lantern. BOOOOM!

Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was discovered what was happening.

After that, the bundles of manure where always stamped with the term "S.H.I.T" on them which meant to the sailors to "Ship High In Transit." In other words, high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Useless info:

All acronym explanations of words like s h i t or f u c k are fake. They are derrived from foreign words or have grown and distorted themselves from ye olde english.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Useless information:

Swedes in Denmark drive really slow. <_<

O, and I'm sun burnt. :">

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

So is in Finland. Come to think of it; this country has the most extreme weathers in the North.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Auh, that's a lot dough you're going to need.

Did you check Carnival in Coal, by the way? I didn't get a reply from you in the music thread.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's hot here too, damn heat isnt going to help my insomnia! Gah!

DL

Useless info:

Take that and couple it with the now 24 a day daylight and you've got right here :D

DRaakh> sk8rboi. ;)

Auh, that's a lot dough you're going to need.

Did you check Carnival in Coal, by the way? I didn't get a reply from you in the music thread.

Oh, yeah, I checked em out, they're pretty good! That song F&%kable was pretty interesting...I definately gotta check out this band! Hell, you got any more recommendations?

Should be able to find those at any college. They may even let you use them too.

Yah, but my college is closed right now, and I'd like to get some better/lower race trucks within two weeks time. My current race trucks are apparently prone to bending/breaking during slides/turns at speeds higher than 60km/h, and I'm gonna be averaging about 80-90km/h ;) ...

It's hot here too, damn heat isnt going to help my insomnia! Gah!

Useful information:

Atomic Space Vixen recommends putting your pillow in the freezer to allow it to cool before you retire for bed; the cool surface will help you nod off quicker, in more comfort! :cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT