I'm actually just getting most of these off of a useless info website :D

Most lipstick contains fish scales

If you counted 24 hours a day, it would take 31,688 years to reach one trillion

Taphephobia is the fear of being buried alive

A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth

The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1

A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute on average

Human teeth are almost as hard as rocks

Some archeologists found make-up and moisturiser from Roman Britain, near St Albans, and it contained the same ingredients used today.

1,000,000 s = 1 million seconds = 8 minutes

1,000,000,000 s = 1 billion seconds = 31.6 years, so it makes sense that a thousand billion seconds is about 30,000 years (you must be counting slower than 1 number every second).

triskaidekaphobia is fear of the number 13 (interestingly, the dictionary.com definition is an abnormal fear of the number thirteen; which begs the question of what a normal fear is ...)

So do sharks. Some seals use their teeth to keep their waterholes trimmed in the depth of winter ... but once their teeth are worn down they starve because they don't keep growing ...

All animals take a logarithmic step down in numbers proportional to size. This is one reson why a Blue Whale, the biggest living creature (some trees are bigger) eat krill, one of the smallest living cretures ... they are effectively jumping several steps in the food chain (well, nearly all of them; all that's left is to eat billions of algae), hence they are deriving a higher joule density for the same food ...

One third of all animals are insects.

Over a half of all insects are beetles.

Again, smaller creatures' hearts beat fster due to thermal dynamics; if an elephant's heart beat 100 bpm it would lose too much heat and die.

Dentine hardens over years, that's why teeth appear to become more yellow-brown with age; it is just the dentine (the stuff under the enamel) hardening. This is still happening after your twenties.

Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone

They also milled their flour with sand (it was easier to break the hard germ of the wheat, like stones in a river) ... this caused them all to have serious dental problems in their early twenties.

A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside

It is more common to be killed by a hippopotamus than run over in Africa. (Well, Imade that up, but it is more common than something everybody things is really common, that I have mometarily forgotten.)

A hummingbird weighs less than a penny

A hummingbird's wings don't beat in a synchronised manner, i.e. they aren't both down nor up at the same time. (I guess it gets a bit hard to tell at that speed.)

The Earth weighs around 6,588,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons

The average temperature in space is almost absolute zero. (It's t same in a crater out of the sun's gaze on the moon, because there is no atmosphere. It is considerably warmer in the sun's rays, though, several hundred degrees centigrade. Space suits need to be able to deal with both temperatures simulatneously.)

A ****roach can live several weeks with its head cut off

A man kept a chicken for a couple of years without a head. It had been beheaded but he managed to keep it alive by feeding it through its neck. (He used to show it in freak shows to make money.)

The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year

I lucid dream all the time.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

A man kept a chicken for a couple of years without a head. It had been beheaded but he managed to keep it alive by feeding it through its neck. (He used to show it in freak shows to make money.)

Ah yes... Mike, was it? Funny, people never believe me when I tell them that this actually happened.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Don't remember much more than that, actually. (This is all just my regurgitated trivia ...)

I don't seem to recall if the chicken ran around in an erratic and panicky way, either ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Don't remember much more than that, actually. (This is all just my regurgitated trivia ...)

I don't seem to recall if the chicken ran around in an erratic and panicky way, either ...

Mike has a website.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

According to a strange report, swedish people think words with hard consonants and vowels are uglier than other words. The two examples given were 'kurk' and 'pituk' (nonsense words).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Metadigital: A normal fear could be fear of death, rape, violence?

I'd bet that the chicken story (like many others of its ilk) is apocryphal. But that is what what makes it USELESS INFO!

Ah, but it was an abnormal fear of the number thirteen. What is a normal fear of the number thirteen?

The chicken story has been independently verified.

Valid for two days only

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Fact: Ninjas are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Fact: dude, you forgot about awesome.

edit: Like.. I know enderwiggin said awesome but like you cant say totally sweet without the aswesome, you know?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

And, dude, that girl from Dawson Creek is like his gf. Wtf is going on?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Too deep man. At least bat suit doesn't have, like, nipples.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

useful fact:

You dont actually need to know anything about Romania :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Perhaps I will spark your interest for the article with a quote:

Romanian mating rituals while playing manele MP3 music are dark and mysterious, probably because there is no electricity in Romania

The raising of children in Romania is also a mystery to scientists all over the world. Although we are certain that they do feed their children with breast milk, there is evidence that they also leave their children in the care of wolves or other wild animals, following traditions from their long lost Roman Empire.

As such the children in Romania are brutal and have 95% chances of becoming manele singers and performing dark rituals. Until their adulthood they are mostly violent, stupid as Hell, and revelling in mindless parties accompanied by lots of Ţuică, Beer and manele. They are prone to making wild sounds inherited from their animal adoptive parents. If by some mistake the romanian childred escape from manele virus they are doomed to live "dupa blocuri" or "behind the apartments of flats" where they live a life of joy and eliberation pigmented with weak narcotics like aurolac.

:huh:

Actually this is the article on Wales :huh:"

And a quick quote:

By law all men in Wales are required to take part in several daily rituals including:

* Rugby

* Things which involve a lot of lubricant and a sheep

* Drinking

* Rugby

Until the spring of 905 welshmen where also forced to wage war against the English

:lol:

And Glasgow...